COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccinations

cookie47

Had our booster shot today.(MODERNA)

Blood pressure a bit higher than expected from MY normal....

Doctor made me wait a while, It went down a bit.... Otherwise all ok,Bones/joint's a bit sore but we did do food shopping in SM so I don't know......

• Like 4
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• DeedleNuts

• rfm010

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife feels the same way every time I try to have sex with her...

Posted Images

Fresh

EU Warns Repeat Boosters Could Weaken Immune System

Boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” Marco Cavaleri, the EMA head of biological health threats and vaccines strategy, said at a press briefing on Tuesday. “We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I know how some of you feel about the vaccine.

Regardless of the political rhetoric being tossed around. The vaccine was never supposed to keep you from getting COVID or passing it on to someone else.

It is supposed to lessen the severity, thereby decreasing the chance of hospitalization and death if you do catch it.

You mayl find articles/studies that refute this, but in general, even sceptics agree that most vaccines have done what they were designed to do.

Granted there are articles/studies about how unsafe or even dangerous the vaccines are. If based on your research or gut feeling, you feel it's not worth the risk, than you probably won't take it.

As for mandated vaccinations. Even though I've taken the jab a total of three times, I don't feel you should be made to take it if you don't want to. At least in the USA, I would venture to guess many if not most do not support mandated vaccinations...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
36 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I know how some of you feel about the vaccine.

Regardless of the political rhetoric being tossed around. The vaccine was never supposed to keep you from getting COVID or passing it on to someone else.

It is supposed to lessen the severity, thereby decreasing the chance of hospitalization and death if you do catch it.

You may find articles/studies that refute this, but in general, even sceptics agree that most vaccines have done what they were designed to do.

Granted there are articles/studies about how unsafe or even dangerous the vaccines are. If based on your research or gut feeling, you feel it's not worth the risk, than you probably won't take it.

As for mandated vaccinations. Even though I've taken the jab a total of three times, I don't feel you should be made to take it if you don't want to. At least in the USA, I would venture to guess many if not most do not support mandated vaccinations...

:animal0019::animal0019::animal0019::wt-hell:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
22 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

:animal0019::animal0019::animal0019::wt-hell:

image.png

What's your point?

This thread has nothing to do with mask or other PPE...

I know you can come up with something more relevant about vaccines... 

If you think something I said is wrong, then go for it...:unknw:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

You may find articles/studies that refute this, but in general, even sceptics agree that most vaccines have done what they were designed to do.

My point being is that you sound like the MSM trying to tell people how great it is except that the public is now seeing just how untrue it was and the vacced are paying a heavy toll.  

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
19 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

My point being is that you sound like the MSM trying to tell people how great it is except that the public is now seeing just how untrue it was and the vacced are paying a heavy toll.  

It was certainly not my intention. I didn't say people should be vaccinated. Are you saying It doesn't lessen the severity or decrease the chance of hospitalization and death.

Please expand on what specifically I posted was wrong.

19 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

the public is now seeing just how untrue it was and the vacced are paying a heavy toll. 

Didn't I state this?

1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

...there are articles/studies about how unsafe or even dangerous the vaccines are.

If you feel my post is false than I will be happy to remove it. NOT... :P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

It was certainly not my intention. I didn't say people should be vaccinated. Are you saying It doesn't lessen the severity or decrease the chance of hospitalization and death.

Please expand on what specific I posted was wrong.

Didn't I state this?

If you feel my post is false than I will be happy to remove it. NOT... :P

Sounded correct to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
mikewright

Had the first booster shot a few weeks ago, sure opens up personal travel options.

• Like 1
cookie47
On 1/12/2022 at 4:41 PM, cookie47 said:

Had our booster shot today.(MODERNA)

Blood pressure a bit higher than expected from MY normal....

Doctor made me wait a while, It went down a bit.... Otherwise all ok,Bones/joint's a bit sore but we did do food shopping in SM so I don't know......

BOOSTER UPDATE :

Spoke too soon when I posted the above.

Two days later I was feeling VERY unwell.Like do I go to the ER unwell.

Discovered blood pressure 180/90 .faaark...Never seen it the high ever .my normal hovers around high 130s...Ok for age......

Temperature 38.5.....☹️

Head pounding.

Had a permanent Booking with the CR.( do i need to explain).

Slowly everything has returned to somewhat normal readings BUT STILL feel totally crap .

The Mrs has the sniffles and bone aches but otherwise fine.

Now as this happened after a two day window from the booster jab I can only conclude it is the booster and not something else?....

• Sad 1
rfm010
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

... I can only conclude it is the booster and not something else?....

The following although it refers to pfizer biontech can be summarized as answering your question as  "could be".

Keep a close eye on your bp and your pulse and pay attention to any pain in your extremities. But thats typical advice for the aged anyway.

Could have been food poisoning though.  Did your wife have an unusually hopeful look on her face when she was serving up meals?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8206586/

• Like 1
cookie47
14 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

Could have been food poisoning though.  Did your wife have an unusually hopeful look on her face when she was serving up meals?

I like your style...HAA 

Firstly thanks for the advise and article which I found interesting and you do make a good point as the food poisoning symptoms are very similar.I doubt it though and as we have had no power (with no refrigeration our diet had been rice /potatoes and tinned food (fish and what they try an call here corned beef).. Particularly around that time.

I haven't always checked my blood pressure daily pre Covide as an article I read suggest that one can get paranoid about the results and thus it can rise unnecessarily ,a bit like white coat syndrome....Note this is Only what I read,Other/your opinion may differ. So  as I do have the facility to check blood pressure I will return to a more regular regime.

• Like 1