COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccinations

The latest mutation started before that could have been possible. 

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fresh

• mikewright

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So everything you post is true but those who believe in getting vaxed only post propaganda. I think that says everything we need to know about your motives...  

The vaccines aren't meant so much to prevent infection, they're mainly meant to keep you out of the hospital or morgue. You're correct in that the latest thing I read about omicron (which was pre

Posted Images

2 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Could it be that there was a mass immunization of those former two?  Could it be that everyone took the vaccine and the diseases were eradicated quickly, before they had time to mutate?  Damn shame we did not get that done before covid mutated.

This link shows it first came to prominence in US in 1894 - 1955 vaccine introduced -(read about the Cutter incident), not until 1968 was the vaccination phased out in US, 1994 in Americas, 2002 in Europe, in some 3rd world countries it still exists.

Today's virus has a much higher mutation rate than Polio - either natural or engineered in. Now consider that those born after 1969 have no immunity to Polio.

I received a shot against Asian Measles as part of a spectrum of before first arriving.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/polio

"The Cutter Incident

Just a few weeks after the landmark press conference announcing success of the vaccine trials, an Idaho doctor reported a case of paralytic polio in a recently vaccinated girl. Over the next few weeks, similar reports trickled in to local health authorities. All involved a disturbing detail: paralysis began in the vaccinated arm, rather than in the legs as was more common."

It soon emerged that most of the cases of paralytic polio occurred in children inoculated with vaccine produced by Cutter Laboratories in California."

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Sinovac only thread. 

Who has taken Sinovac here?  What has your experience been?

side effects?

lasting problems?

It’s a traditional vaccine where they use dead covid, not a mRNA gene therapy from what I’ve read. I would be interested to see people’s personal responses to the vaccine who have taken it. 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
54 minutes ago, Pman said:

Sinovac only thread. 

Good luck with this...

My wife, MIL and myself along with every senior in the neighborhood, (about 500 peeps) have been injected with the 2 recommended Sinovac doses. There are also about 2000 other than senior that have had at least 1 dose in our town.

I haven't heard of any side affects from anyone and our little circle has had no side affect other than a sore arm from the 2nd dose. I can also report that there has been no Covid since the Vaxxes started in our area along with zero polar bear attacks.

One interesting study I read was how Sinovac was a more powerful shield against the Delta variant. This may be why we've been better off than say Manila who widely received other vaccines. But who knows!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had the choice of other vaccines but choose Sinovac. 
Zero side affects and haven’t heard of anybody having side affects. 
All the scaremongering that it wouldn't be accepted for travel to other countries is false! 

• Like 3
BossHog
8 hours ago, maximian said:

scaremongering

Lots of old people here got inoculated with Sinovac and then they died really horrible deaths!

At least that was the prevalent but wholly unfounded gossip going around the (highly irresponsible) bamboo telegraph.

About half the doses given in d'Phils have been Sinovac with no documentation of any kind of mass problems. Seems a lot of the negative talk was based largely on an inherent distrust by many people of anything Chinese. And maybe a perceived slight at getting offered something suspected of being second-rate while wealthier nations were getting the mRNA shots.

Now the Russian Sputnik V which continues to roll into the Philippines...that's a whole different story.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3

people in my household all had sinovac cuz that's what was available, and daughter travels, so we felt we needed whatever we could get.   no noticeable side effects. 

however.

efficacy is a concern. 

i know of two people who were fully  sinovaxed and have died of covid.  neither had been in the best of health cardio-wise though.   at the moment the wife of one, a doctor (and our daughter's one time pediatrician) who was helping care for now departed husband (also a doctor) is hospitalized.   she found some black market  remdesivir and tocilizumab and seems to be doing better.   

so people do be aware that if you do get sick you may need someone who can do the legwork to obtain (and pay for--don't know the going rate) the early treatment drugs.

more empirically speaking, check out:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/sinovac-booster-shot-reverses-drop-antibody-activities-against-delta-study-2021-09-06/

snippets:

"Neutralising antibody activities against Delta were not detected in samples taken from vaccine recipients six months after they received the second dose of Sinovac's CoronaVac vaccine, according to the study published on Sunday before a peer review.   ((i make note here that no mention of t-cell activity was mentioned in the news article, i want to check the actual science article for that)).

But recipients of booster shots showed over 2.5-fold higher neutralizing potency against Delta about four weeks after the third dose, compared with the level seen about four weeks after the second shot, researchers from Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fudan University, Sinovac, and other Chinese institutions said in the paper."

small sample sizes though.

this of course has us worried given that it seems hard to get booster shots here.   given the choice for vax and/or booster, i would go with the rna vaccines.  mixing vax results that i've seen look pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BossHog

If you're talking about initial vaccines then the mRNA shots keep coming in and aren't in the short supply they were some months ago. 

Just curious why you're asking @Pman. Didn't you and your family just arrive from the States? Surely if you're game to be vaccinated you would have done it there with the vaccine of your choice.

Perhaps you're asking on behalf of Philippine family members here. Most of us I think have had in-laws coming to us asking what we think they should do. It puts us laymen non-experts in kind of a tricky spot.

That being said, with the mRNA vaccines now much more widely available in the Philippines it seems it would be best to search them out and go for those in lieu of Sinovac. 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

@rfm010, in your opinion what would be a likely "booster" for Sinovac?

1 hour ago, BossHog said:

Just curious why you're asking @Pman. Didn't you and your family just arrive from the States? Surely if you're game to be vaccinated you would have done it there with the vaccine of your choice.

Perhaps you're asking on behalf of Philippine family members here. Most of us I think have had in-laws coming to us asking what we think they should do. It puts us laymen non-experts in kind of a tricky spot.

My dad took the mRNA and died. heart. It’s “rare” but known and reported. 

I’d rather not take those kind. I’d rather take tradition dead virus type vaccine. Sinovax is one of these. Not available in states. Only mRNA. 

My question was literal and sincere. I wanted to hear if anyone had any adverse effects to Sinovax. I’m thinking of taking this one. I had not heard of anyone having any adverse reactions to it. 

As to my family here. Sister in law has two shots Sinovax no problem. Cousin in Manila had one shot Sinovax no problem then took one of the mRNA shots for second shot and is having all sorts of problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Soupeod

Sinovax - No problem with myself, wife, wife's entire family, wife’s uncles, aunts, and cousins. My driver no issues.

I’ve not heard of any issues in Ormoc Or surrounding provinces.

One person Easy44 passed away after catching covid in Leyte and was vaccinated with sinovac.

Our helper/yaya just got phizer - sore arm.

• Like 3
cookie47

Sinovax.

No issues with both shots....Wife and I plus all other seniors in our Sub Division. April 20 now since first shot.

I felt a bit crappy after the First shot but nothing than a good lie down fixed...

• Like 3