I know been covered before but I wonder in how many homes this is true and how many kids will be failed because they aren't doing it the way they're suppose to.

She works - no time for BS - if she takes after her dad that's not her printing

Took 4 edits to find all the errors:db:

image.thumb.png.f8b0634f07e557559670782d612f4bc2.png

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

I know been covered before but I wonder in how many homes this is true and how many kids will be failed because they aren't doing it the way they're suppose to.

She works - no time for BS - if she takes after her dad that's not her printing

Took 4 edits to find all the errors:db:

image.thumb.png.f8b0634f07e557559670782d612f4bc2.png

The simplicity of the "old math" is so intuitive while the so called new math is counter productive stretching out a very easy problem into complex bullshit.  I really wonder how they can justify this and for what exactly is it preparing them for?  I can only guess a dystopian future where 2+2=5.  We really are on our way there, at least western societies, and this scamdemic, scatter shot over reaction is just the beginning. 

BTW, a recent study concludes that either by the implementation or the lack of credible research, the goals of common core are actually having negative effects that seem to be amplifying over time.

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2019/4/29/21121004/nearly-a-decade-later-did-the-common-core-work-new-research-offers-clues

Edited by Kreole
  • Sad 1

I tell my wife she is being taught by people who are educated far beyond their intelligence and need to keep impressing everyone with just how smart they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

2+2=5.

True.  (For very large values of 2.)

1 hour ago, Jester said:

I tell my wife she is being taught by people who are educated far beyond their intelligence and need to keep impressing everyone with just how smart they are.

I see this as quite correct actually.  Wasn't one of Deming's principles that a process can always be improved on?  I always disagreed with that because, while there may be some possible improvements, there are also diminishing returns to trying to find those improvements.  And, one first has to determine the definition of improvement.  While the old tried and true method is best for the majority, there may be some left out of understanding so apparently the definition of better, is a method no one can understand making everyone equal.

• Like 2

Thanks for agreeing.   The wife is in school again and some of the questions she asks me are beyond me.  But sometimes when I look and realize they have used 5 pages of big words to explain something simple.   I was listening to her online class on how to format an essay,  it is shocking how they can complicate something so simple.   The guy took 30 minutes to confuse something that should have been done in 5!!  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SkyMan said:

True.  (For very large values of 2.)

let's just stick to 2.0 + 2.0 = 4

If you want to fudge, then 2.5 + 2.5 = 5

otherwise in what universe is 2 + 2 = 5 applicable?

Edited by Kreole
14 hours ago, Kreole said:

let's just stick to 2.0 + 2.0 = 4

If you want to fudge, then 2.5 + 2.5 = 5

otherwise in what universe is 2 + 2 = 5 applicable?

Like COVID-19, some will get it and some have nothing to worry about.