Porch Pirate vs. Glitter Bomb Trap 2.0

lamoe

lamoe

Watch til the end - good explanation of noise cancelling

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
SkyMan

Cool if you don't mind giving people 4 cell phones.  The one improvement I would make in the device is to spring load it so after pulling off the top, it can't be put back on.  That would keep the videos going and releasing the farts better.  Even better if also, lifting the top an inch or 2 would cause the box to spring off.

He should also sign that guy up for some gay p*orn mags sent to other addresses.  Perhaps a NAMBLA membership.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
lamoe

1st one  81,882,169 views, this one 45,759,579 so far and sponsored by Bose $$$$$$$$

The spring loaded idea is good but would probably get sued by criminal for permanent injury.  Especially with Bose as a sponsor. Probably why went to bio-degradable glitter

• Like 2
mikecon3

I remember when the first one came out. It was cool then, it's even cooler now. My initial reaction was this guy had too much time on his hands, and money to throw away if he could buy phones and equipment that he would probably never get back. Now he has upped the ante.

With all the youtube views, appearances, AND the sponsorship, I imagine he is making more than he would have as an engineer at NASA!

• Like 2
SkyMan
9 hours ago, lamoe said:

The spring loaded idea is good but would probably get sued by criminal for permanent injury

I'm not talking about explosive springs. Less than a typical Jack-in-the-box to get the top off and  then some corner flanges that pop out preventing the box from going back on.

lamoe
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I'm not talking about explosive springs. Less than a typical Jack-in-the-box to get the top off and  then some corner flanges that pop out preventing the box from going back on.

I assumed not too powerful - dosen't matter how strong -  hit in face and they'll sue - even though they stole the box

I was thinking delay for a sec or 2 and 4 stanchions with peg  that will ilt out a little to prevent lid being lowered without holding all 4 back in place.

SkyMan
29 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I assumed not too powerful - dosen't matter how strong -  hit in face and they'll sue - even though they stole the box

Well, if you're worried about that then you should be worried about someone suing because they got glitter or fart spray in their eyes. 

lamoe
10 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Well, if you're worried about that then you should be worried about someone suing because they got glitter or fart spray in their eyes. 

That'll come once they realize Bose backs these vids.

I'm not worried cause I'd never do it. Got sued cause a kid hurt himself climbing over my 6 foot fence. father said it was too tall.

Edited by lamoe
Kreole
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

Got sued cause a kid hurt himself climbing over my 6 foot fence. father said it was too tall.

Not surprised if that happened in the US, which is the most insanely litigatious country in the world.  I hope the asshole father lost his suit and had to pay your attorney fees.   If your fence were shorter, he would have claimed it was too short and invited kids to climb over.  In what other country could a burglar sue the homeowner because he fell through the skylight he was trying to pry open?  I tend to believe that most lawyers are scum bottom feeders, followed by politicians, who are mostly lawyers.

• Like 2
SkyMan
5 hours ago, Kreole said:

Not surprised if that happened in the US, which is the most insanely litigatious country in the world.  I hope the asshole father lost his suit and had to pay your attorney fees.   If your fence were shorter, he would have claimed it was too short and invited kids to climb over.  In what other country could a burglar sue the homeowner because he fell through the skylight he was trying to pry open?  I tend to believe that most lawyers are scum bottom feeders, followed by politicians, who are mostly lawyers.

100% accurate, well, except the word you want is litigious.  Hahahahaha  Yes, it used to be you had to clean the snow off your sidewalk within so many hours of a storm or you could be liable for someone falling down.  But then people would get sued because they didn't clean their sidewalk well enough or because additional weather would caused ice to form or whatever.  So a lot of people don't bother to shovel any more and if you fall then you can sue God.  

• Like 1
lamoe
7 hours ago, Kreole said:

Didn't get that far, was a nuisance claim,  hoping I'd pay to avoid lawyer fees, learned he'd filled others against neighbors -  brother of my boss was a partner in a Chicago law firm - he sent a letter (no charge) stating amount that would be billed WHEN case was lost. :biggrin_01:

Also, spread word to neighbors to let me know if he tried it again.

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

100% accurate, well, except the word you want is litigious.  Hahahahaha  Yes, it used to be you had to clean the snow off your sidewalk within so many hours of a storm or you could be liable for someone falling down.  But then people would get sued because they didn't clean their sidewalk well enough or because additional weather would caused ice to form or whatever.  So a lot of people don't bother to shovel any more and if you fall then you can sue God.  

Yep Chicago - law has since changed to absolve homeowner - I believe, but now -  who knows