13A entry on expired ACR-I card

smokey

dec 2018   my card expired jan 2019   my wife calls   the usa will deport me in 2 weeks come Now  i go airport they tell me sir better you dont leave now    i leave wife problem solved SHE  forgot to apply new green card and was.needed to work    i come back feb and was.giving a 21 day tourist visa and had to apply for acr all over letters   pictures   etc   4 months later fixed now add the virus  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Headshot

• smokey

• aiden9991

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You definitely don't want to try to re-enter with an expired ACR-I card. Under normal circumstances, they would let you re-enter, but only as a tourist. Then you have a couple of weeks to get in to BI

Headshot is correct, I've been through this too. My only variation was that J-mall processed the change back to 13a. It involved me writing a letter of explanation for failure to renew, and the J-mall

Just in case you didn't catch it, they are NOT currently allowing spouses and children of Philippine citizens to enter the country under the Balikbayan privilege. Therefore, the only option he would h

Posted Images

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, smokey said:

dec 2018   my card expired jan 2019   my wife calls   the usa will deport me in 2 weeks come Now  i go airport they tell me sir better you dont leave now    i leave wife problem solved SHE  forgot to apply new green card and was.needed to work    i come back feb and was.giving a 21 day tourist visa and had to apply for acr all over letters   pictures   etc   4 months later fixed now add the virus  

And some say that  life in the Philippines isnt exciting enough for them !!! 

• Like 1
Headshot
1 hour ago, aiden9991 said:

13a visas are permanant dont expire. do you  mean to say your acr  i card expired?

In fact, if you don't renew your ACR-I card, the Bureau of Immigration assumes that you have abandoned your 13A visa. That is why there is such a hassle if you try to enter the country with an expired ACR-I card. If it happens to you (and it did me), the easiest way to take care of it is to go immediately to BI to renew the expired ACR-I card, schedule a flight (less than 30 days from the stamp date you received) to a nearby country (Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or someplace else close and relatively cheap), and return to the Philippines to get your passport restamped.

If you are quick and lucky, you will receive your new card before you fly out (your can pay extra to have it expedited). If your aren't quick and lucky, then when you return give the airport immigration officer the expired ACR-I card with the BI receipt for the ACR-I card renewal. They will then stamp your visa with a 13A stamp and your previous problem will be forgiven. Unless you have family connections at BI that can get you through the internal BI process, you will be miles ahead to take a short trip and return with the proof that your card has been renewed than to try to struggle through BI's convoluted process to get the stamp in your passport changed.

If you let the ACR-I card renewal slide until after you have to renew the 9A visa they give you because you had an expired card, and then you renew the 9A visa at BI to stay legal, your 13A visa is gone. That was what BI explained to me.

• Like 3
aiden9991

thanks for the clarification this is what they explained to me. 

I will get my card renewed in a few weeks and then leave the PH. 

My wife can pick the card up for me after a couple of months and fedex it to  me to the UK. I need to write authorization letter. plus the BI agent is sound with me and he said that is fine. 

I believe this is doable. 

Edited by aiden9991
  • Like 2
Headshot
2 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

I will get my card renewed in a few weeks and then leave the PH. 

My wife can pick the card up for me after a couple of months and fedex it to  me to the UK. I need to write authorization letter.

Perfect.

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

then when you return give the airport immigration officer the expired ACR-I card with the BI receipt for the ACR-I card renewal.

Except you're required to give up the expired (or not yet expired) card in order to renew so all you will have is the receipt.  

to_dave007
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Except you're required to give up the expired (or not yet expired) card in order to renew so all you will have is the receipt.  

I sort of assume that the rule-of-thumb with ALL receipts from Bureau of Immigration is KEEP THEM..  you may well NEED THEM.

• Like 1
Headshot
13 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Interesting. They didn't take my expired ACR-I card when I renewed it. It didn't matter though. I used their expedite offer, and I had my new ACR-I card back in three weeks, which was before I flew out to Hong Kong.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan
On 9/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, aiden9991 said:

My wife can pick the card up for me after a couple of months and fedex it to  me to the UK. I need to write authorization letter. plus the BI agent is sound with me and he said that is fine. 

I believe this is doable. 

Not sure how long you plan to leave for but you may want her to hang on to the card until January so she can pay your AR before sending it to you.  Nevermind, saw your other post.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

Interesting. They didn't take my expired ACR-I card when I renewed it. It didn't matter though. I used their expedite offer, and I had my new ACR-I card back in three weeks, which was before I flew out to Hong Kong.

They always take my old card including this time when the card won't actually expire until next month.

Edited by SkyMan
aiden9991
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Not sure how long you plan to leave for but you may want her to hang on to the card until January so she can pay your AR before sending it to you.

They always take my old card including this time when the card won't actually expire until next month.

I thought its not possible for another person to pay your AR if you are out of the country. Must be in country todo so.

Am i missing something?

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, aiden9991 said:

I thought its not possible for another person to pay your AR if you are out of the country. Must be in country todo so.

Am i missing something?

Posted that before I saw your other post.  What you're saying makes sense.  Just pay when you get back.

Headshot
17 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

Am i missing something?

It depends on if you are over 60. If you are a senior, it is permissible to send a rep in your place for the AR. It seems the only one they really insist on your presence is the ACR-I card renewal.

17 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Maybe I just got lucky or had a different immigration officer. If I have learned anything in the time I have been in the Philippines, it is that you can get different answers day-to-day and person-to-person. As the old saw goes, YMMV.

• Thanks 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

It depends on if you are over 60. If you are a senior, it is permissible to send a rep in your place for the AR. It seems the only one they really insist on your presence is the ACR-I card renewal.

Yes, you can have someone do your AR for you under certain circumstances but I think what Aiden was told by the BI is that if you exit the country and then someone tries to do an AR for you, bells and whistles may go off.  Seems a bit advanced for the BI but maybe.  In my case, my ACR-I card is currently under renewal so unless my card was manually flagged as out of the country via the card waiver I used to leave, the AR should be doable without a problem.  The problem would come when I tried to reenter the country on the new card without having left.  I'll just use the waiver going back, pick up the card and pay the AR myself.  Less hassle.

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

YMMV

Absolutely.  I know they took my card the last 2 times.  What really worried me was 2 weeks before my flight, they sent my actual passport to Manila as part of the application for the card waiver even though the application included numerous copies of both my current passport and the one with my 13A stamp in it.  But it came back with the waiver as scheduled, 1 week before the flight.

• 4 weeks later...
Raven
On 9/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, SkyMan said:

my ACR-I card is currently under renewal

I don't know if you have "permanent" ACR Card, but if so, is there any increase in payment from 5 years ago... according to BI website its 50$ + P500 express lane fee.

SkyMan

On 10/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, Raven said:

I don't know if you have "permanent" ACR Card, but if so, is there any increase in payment from 5 years ago... according to BI website its 50$ + P500 express lane fee.

It was about that. There was probably some legal research fee or something.  I also had to come back a few days later to pay p1500 so I could get a waiver to leave the country and return without the ACR-I card as it was in process.