Using a RORO with a recently purchased used car

Dave the Rave

I have never used a RORO for transporting a vehicle but I know that paperwork is required.  If I buy a used car from a private seller will I be able to use the paperwork I receive from the seller to take that vehicle on a RORO back to Cebu before I re-register the vehicle?  For example, if I buy the vehicle in Bohol will I be able to get it back to Cebu on the RORO?  Thanks for your input. 

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dave the Rave said:

I have never used a RORO for transporting a vehicle but I know that paperwork is required.  If I buy a used car from a private seller will I be able to use the paperwork I receive from the seller to take that vehicle on a RORO back to Cebu before I re-register the vehicle?  For example, if I buy the vehicle in Bohol will I be able to get it back to Cebu on the RORO?  Thanks for your input. 

You should be good.  The seller should give you the signed CR and current OR among your docs and the ferry will want a copy of those.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey

Make a few copies of the OR and CR along with drivers license and passport as the Roro company may keep one. They may not but at least you'll be prepared.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

At  different times I bought 2 vehicles in Manila and drove them to Davao.  Via western roro  that's 5 ferry's each time.    I made 6 copies of the OR and CR  each time.  Other than the first trip  from Batangas  I never was asked for paperwork anywhere on the trips. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Paddy

Would you not also have a handy copy of the Bill of Sale (just in case?)

• Like 3
to_dave007

Agree with those above.. photocopies of OR, CR, Bill of sale. 

Should NEVER be a reason to hand the ferry guys any originals (especially OR/CR/Bill of sale) and it's pain in ass for you if you lose them, so get copies..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Would you not also have a handy copy of the Bill of Sale (just in case?)

Well, the question was, what do you need to get it on the ferry.  I am assuming that going to Bohol or wherever, the OP would also get/have other documents needed for the sale.  Notarized BoS, copies of the seller's IDs with 3 original signatures, etc.  The ferry office may want to see those but if they keep anything it will be a copy of the OR/CR.

I bought my truck new in Manila and drove it to Cebu.  I don't think either of the ferries asked to see anything.

Barryrio

I have used countless roros over the last 15 years on both 2 and four wheels. As long as I had a xerox of the cr (reg cert) I was good to go. None cared about whose name was on the document as I rarely bothered to change vehicles into my name much. Never needed a deed of sale when acquiring bill of lading.

• Like 2