36 PhilHealth Officials to Face Charges

softail

Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) Commissioner Greco Belgica said at least 36 PhilHealth officials should be fired or face raps for padding of claims in hospitals.

Belgica said PhilHealth was not able to verify the information on receivables given by hospitals, which resulted in the padding of claims.

The PACC recommended the dismissal of the officials involved and the filing of charges before the Office of the Ombudsman, said Belgica.

“We initially submitted 31 names. Now we have an additional five names, so it’s now 36,” he told Teleradyo in Filipino.

“The bulk of the problem of PhilHealth stems from the claims of hospitals. The receivables are so high, and (PhilHealth does) not validate it… PhilHealth acts like an (automated teller machine). It just releases payments. It’s like getting a bill from a restaurant, but we are not looking at the bill,” he added.

Belgica did not name the PhilHealth officials but said more would be added as the probes move forward.

As the Senate continues to investigate the alleged widespread corruption inside PhilHealth, Palace spokesperson Harry Roque said President Rodrigo Duterte would not fire Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) President and chief executive officer Ricardo Morales unless there is evidence linking the retired general to corruption.

“That’s really up to him. I am not in the position to tell him what to do. The President has said that he will not fire him unless there is evidence, and I think the Senate now is in the process of documenting this evidence,” Roque said.

“At the same time, there is a parallel investigation being conducted by Undersecretary [Jesus Melchor] Quitain.”

“I think after the evidence are unearthed, the President will move and do the correct thing,” Roque added.

Morales was appointed as the President of PhilHealth in June 2019 amid the issue of alleged funding of dialysis treatment for patients who already died.

Senators, meanwhile, said they already gathered enough evidence from the Senate hearing on the alleged widespread corruption at  PhilHealth to file charges against the agency’s president Ricardo Morales and other officials.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/36-philhealth-officials-to-face-charges-pacc/

• Like 3
Kreole

The tip of the iceberg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
softail

So would they be getting a kickback from the hospital?

East Saxon

If their Tributes have been paid they will be OK.

Kreole
6 hours ago, softail said:

So would they be getting a kickback from the hospital?

They should be able to trace the bribe funds, but the RP doesn't seem to be particularly diligent about following the money because it may not be in the interest of the investigators who may also be in on the action.  Subpoena all of their bank accounts would be a start, also all payment records from the hospitals. 

As a punishment the hospitals should be required to pay double the discrepancy between what was paid and what should have been paid.  In addition, besides firing all of those involved, including the heads of Phil Health, they should fine the Phil Health perps twice the amount they received in bribes.  These measures would still be a slap on the wrist.  The same kind of shit happens all the time in the US and there is no incentive to fix it when so many are on the payroll of the corporations that run the hospitals.  I imagine the same dynamic works in the RP.

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 3
Kreole

I just read where one of the perps said he was ordered by the chief to falsify insurance claims.  It is very unlikely that anything will change after they fire a few underlings and make promises to improve oversight; above all protecting the executives at the top who didn't have a "clue", of course.  The corruption is profound, deep and systemic, like so many other agencies in the RP.  Every day it seems another accusation, another investigation and then........nothing .  It disappears from the media and nothing really changes.  It is especially funny when the mud slinging starts and you have the accused suing the investigators.  You can't make this shit up.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/750161/philhealth-execs-to-sue-former-anti-fraud-officer-for-libel/story/

Anyway, at least it takes the edge off the boredom of lockdown and brings a little humor into my life.  Personally, I don't really care, anymore than I care about the massive corruption and collective insanity that happens in the US, my former home country.  It is so pervasive that it cannot be controlled or eradicated, so might as well just sit  back and watch the circus.  I am learning the practice of "detachment" since there is not a thing I can do about it.  Watching these greedy idiots and assholes make fools of themselves is little comfort in my old age, so it is essential to maintain a good sense of humor.  The show must go on.  Please pass the popcorn.

Edited by Kreole
softail

Whistleblower: PhilHealth wrongly credited P9.7-M to Bataan rural bank

Whistleblower and former PhilHealth official said the agency wrongly credited almost P10 million to a rural bank in Bataan in an attempt to allegedly corrupt some funds, Tuesday.

Resigned anti-fraud officer Thorsson Montes Keith said that “without any valid reason,” PhilHealth Region II Office personnel wrongly credited some P9.705 million to the Balanga Rural Bank in Bataan.

I discovered that it was multiple transactions of payments of reimbursements of PhilHealth benefit claims for 12 consecutive periods for the month of May 2019 between May 2 to 22,” Keith said in a Senate hearing.

“This is not merely inadvertent as the multiple transaction connotes deliberate intent to defraud the government by embezzling 9,705,332 pesos,” he added.

Keith said PhilHealth Region 2 officials claimed the money was unintentionally credited, but his further investigation showed that senior officials of PhilHealth Balanga, Bataan, could have been involved.

I was again wondering why they said that the transfer was a mere error, yet it is clear that Region II has no authority and access to banks located in other regions, in this case, Region III,” he said.

Also read: Zubiri: PhilHealth gives P10M to’ 18-bed’ hospital in Davao

PhilHealth wrongly credited P9.7-M to Bataan rural bank

He added the Balanga Rural Bank did not want to return the money to PhilHealth at first but later agreed due to a demand letter from the state-run insurer.

Keith noted the bank asked for half of 1% of the credited amount compensation (P49,123) for the inconvenience.

He further revealed Region II and the Central Office PhilHealth officials paid the P49,123 to officials of Balanga Rural Bank on September 25, 2019.

“Some people whom I asked information from in PhilHealth believe that Balanga Rural Bank case was just a decoy to cover up something bigger,” he said.

Keith said he heard rumors that a top PhilHealth official has a mistress in Balanga, Bataan, and that another senior official frequently travels in the area.

“The only thing to do is to determine the real owner of the bank account in Balanga, Bataan, and it will open a Pandora’s box,” he said.

“This case has established one of the modus operandi of PhilHealth mafia untouchables, and I have identified some of them,” he added.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/whistleblower-philhealth-bataan-bank/

smokey

Hummmm still waiting on a story i read months ago on overpriced test kits

softail

Duterte vows jail time for corrupt PhilHealth execs

President Rodrigo Duterte promised he would put corrupt officials of the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) behind bars, which is currently under investigation over alleged anomalies.

“Huwag kayong magkakamali…itong PhilHealth. Sabi ko yayariin ko kayong lahat, maniwala kayo. Iyong mga inosente naman, wala kayong dapat i-ano, tahimik lang kayo at continue working ,” Duterte said in a televised address aired Monday night.

Make no mistake, PhilHealth. I told you, I will finish you all, believe me. If you are innocent, you don’t need to worry. Just continue working quietly.)

“Nakalusot kayo sa ibang maybe presidente o ano pero dito sa akin, sadsad talaga kayo [You evaded other presidents, but there’s no escaping me],” he added.

Duterte added he would get the “true” figures of agency’s finances from the Commission on Audit (COA), a member of the multi-agency task force he created to probe the widespread corruption in PhilHealth.

Department of Justice, Office of the Ombudsman, Office of the Executive Secretary, Office of the Special Assistant to the President, the Civil Service Commission, the Commission on Audit, and the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) would also form the task force.

Duterte vows jail time for corrupt PhilHealth execs

The task force is authorized to conduct lifestyle checks and to impose preventive suspensions on anyone involved in anomalies in PhilHealth.

“I will really send these sons of b****** to jail… I will recover (the funds)… if the ombudsman summons you… you can’t say no. I think the ombudsman will be pissed off. You will just be dismissed for refusing to obey the order,” Duterte said.

“With the help of Cabinet members, I won’t brag but these are simple people. Why? Why are they really helping me to get rid of you? If possible I would kill you. You know why? Because simply they love their country,” he added.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque meanwhile, assured the public that there would be no leadership vacuum if PhilHealth president Ricardo Morales take a leave. Morales is diagnosed with lymphoma and was undergoing chemotherapy.

“The President wishes president Morales speedy recovery. He won’t be harsh on anyone who said he is suffering from a serious illness. We wish him the best and we hope that he recovers right away,” he added.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/duterte-to-jail-corrupt-philhealth-execs/

HongKongPhooey
On 8/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, softail said:

If possible I would kill you.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, softail said:

Morales is diagnosed with lymphoma and was undergoing chemotherapy.

“The President wishes president Morales speedy recovery. He won’t be harsh on anyone who said he is suffering from a serious illness.

Top google search of PhilHealth head officials:—> “how to get lymphoma”

• Like 1