cvgtpc1

Considering getting a passenger van to get in on the lack of transportation in the province and making some cash. Would implement after things are normal after covid if that ever happens.

Tried researching online and can't find anything. Is anybody doing this and can provide some info? Van costs is a given but what about insurance. Also heard of something called a Frankesa license to haul people and this can be included when you purchase a vehicle. Also how much drivers are paid.

Many thanks for any info!

menehune

Im not sure on all of this. But i was told the franchise fee was very high and you cannot transfer it if you sell or buy. The vans are expensive and because of covid you are limited to the people you can carry now. Before they would stuff as many people as they could and drive very fast and crazy ( even forcing other people out of the way. Just to make their money. ) so now at this time i dont think they are released to operate yet.

• Like 2
to_dave007
1 minute ago, menehune said:

Im not sure on all of this. But i was told the franchise fee was very high and you cannot transfer it if you sell or buy. The vans are expensive and because of covid you are limited to the people you can carry now. Before they would stuff as many people as they could and drive very fast and crazy ( even forcing other people out of the way. Just to make their money. ) so now at this time i dont think they are released to operate yet.

Out here in province we call the V-hire..  of GT express (Garage to Terminal express)..  normally owned by investors out here, with a fixed route (likely by license) from one end to the other end (Garage to terminal) and back..  again and again and again.  Not yet operating and with the restrictions on occupancy I'm not sure they will (until restrictions lifted).  I doubt the owners are in any position to operate them at a loss.

If OP wants more information.  Google V-Hire, vhire and GT Express and there will be lots to read.

• Like 1
BossHog

Many thanks for any info!  

I know you said after the virus, but a v-hire route seems like an iffy proposition right now and in the near term future. Returns are not that great anyways in regular times. Might pick up a few unused vans at cheaper prices now with future prospects so that's a thought.

I see a lot of passenger vans going down the road these days; they're all empty and being re-po'd.

If you buy a flash new van and have contacts for package hire you can make like 5k a day minus 500 for the driver. The V-hire route business is near pointless.

• Like 3