Sign in to follow this  
smokey

How to Renew a Philippines Passport In USA

smokey

wife passport expired was told she has to go to los angeles to have picture taken  REALLY?????

mikecon3

Here in Saudi, for at least the last 5 years, they no longer accept a picture you bring in, you have to take the picture there at the consulate with the system they have linked to their network....I guess that is why they say a personal appearance is required. My wife was finally able to get into the consulate last week to renew her expired passport as well, and they took the picture there again. Good news is they told her it will be good for 10 years now instead of 5.

SkyMan
3 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

Here in Saudi, for at least the last 5 years, they no longer accept a picture you bring in, you have to take the picture there at the consulate with the system they have linked to their network....I guess that is why they say a personal appearance is required. My wife was finally able to get into the consulate last week to renew her expired passport as well, and they took the picture there again. Good news is they told her it will be good for 10 years now instead of 5.

Yes, RP passports are now 10 years.  Wife got hers in January so we could get her US tourist visa renewed in February so we go....er, sit at home and look at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Salty Dog

So what's the big deal. She has to make a personal appearance to renew anyway. They do it all at same time.

They have out reaches around the country, or did before COVID19. Since Arizona is relatively close to LA, they probably don't have one closer than going directly to LA.

• Like 1