Governor Releases New Guidelines for Cebu Province Tourism

to_dave007
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

For you and others on BB, I hope you're right too.  But really the only difference between a tourist and a BB is that you're married to a filipino or at least former filipino.  There are plenty of tourists here who have cars and property as well.

Plenty of the members HERE are tourists, including me.  For sure if they give me an RFID bracelet I'll hang it on a hook in my room unless I need to go to immigration.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• to_dave007

• Kreole

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not going to stress about this. I am already enrolled in the “Filipina wife, friends and family tracking system.” Wanna know where I’ve been? - ask her cousins.

That EO is comedy gold. Make turmeric-infused and honey-sweetened calamansi juice readily available. No plastic water bottles.  No aircon in transportation without hepa filtration. 

Loosely formed thoughts and misguided propositions such as these routinely spout from the mouths of politicians. The media then seizes on a headline to sell news. It's a universal phenomenon and not o

Posted Images

SkyMan
5 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Plenty of the members HERE are tourists, including me.  For sure if they give me an RFID bracelet I'll hang it on a hook in my room unless I need to go to immigration.

I imagine you'll have other places to take it too like if you go to a resort or perhaps even a resto or bar.  Or if you take any flight.

• Like 1
BossHog

Loosely formed thoughts and misguided propositions such as these routinely spout from the mouths of politicians. The media then seizes on a headline to sell news. It's a universal phenomenon and not one particular to d'Phils.

The whole idea smells like à brain fart.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
TimL
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

For sure if they give me an RFID bracelet I'll hang it on a hook in my room unless I need to go to immigration.

They could then make the argument that since you don’t go anywhere, you’re obviously not a tourist. 

Kreole
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I expect this is more about making some money rather than a creeping police state.

Dream on.

Kreole
20 minutes ago, TimL said:

They could then make the argument that since you don’t go anywhere, you’re obviously not a tourist. 

They will track where you are, where you went, and where you would predictably go.  Surveillance tech is so advanced now that AI has predictability factored in.  This has nothing to do with health and public safety.  It has everything to do with control.  This will give them unlimited power when the application is unlimited.  To think otherwise is just naive.

Edited by Kreole
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

If they are really using RFIDs, the range is usually less than a a few feet. Even sophisticated  RFIDs used for comercial inventory purposes have a range of less than 100 meters. 

Regardless, they certinally wouldn't be able to track you with current RFID technology… 

• Like 4
lamoe
13 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

If they are really using RFIDs, the range is usually less than a a few feet. Even sophisticated  RFIDs used for comercial inventory purposes have a range of less than 100 meters. 

Regardless, they certinally wouldn't be able to track you with current RFID technology… 

Will never happen here, the infrastructure to implement is not cheap.

There are two ways RFID can actively track a person's movements.

One is combined with GPS telemetry module - same as on a truck - not practical for people

https://wlius.com/telematics-gps-devices/rflink-rfid-gps/#:~:text=RFID combined with GPS tracking for asset tracking,remote environments. These RFID tags (RFTags) communicate

The other is receiver modules  in various building locations / buildings. Could be installed in attractions, malls, etc.

Headshot

Next comes an expansion of the program to cover all foreigners, then to all people, then to implantable chips, and finally to implantable chips that can be detonated by authorities. You don't want to wear your bracelet? The first time you are caught without it, you are arrested, the second time you are deported. Regardless of what the motivation for Governor Gwen's measure, the result will be that we move one step closer to a police state.

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Next comes an expansion of the program to cover all foreigners, then to all people, then to implantable chips, and finally to implantable chips that can be detonated by authorities. You don't want to wear your bracelet? The first time you are caught without it, you are arrested, the second time you are deported. Regardless of what the motivation for Governor Gwen's measure, the result will be that we move one step closer to a police state.

I saw the movie!  A total piece of garbage. The writer obviously lost the plot a long time ago!  

3 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Perhaps Lamoe can design something for them? 

• Haha 3
Davaoeno
4 hours ago, Kreole said:

They will track where you are, where you went, and where you would predictably go.  Surveillance tech is so advanced now that AI has predictability factored in.  This has nothing to do with health and public safety.  It has everything to do with control.  This will give them unlimited power when the application is unlimited.  To think otherwise is just naive.

Naive is my middle name!  I'm on standby waiting to have my 3 chips implanted- 1 with the GPS   1 with my explosive device Headshot says we will get and one hooked up to my bank account.  Hopefully they wont interfere with the  wifi signal to my penile implant !  

• Haha 3
SkyMan
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

1 with my explosive device

Then during a period of high sunspot activity, all the foreigners in the Philippines explode.  Cool.

• Haha 3
mikecon3

For those that actually want to read EO 20-A instead of the unclear news article, I copied the pages from Gov. Gwen's facebook page, couldn't find a direct link and didn't want to link the facebook page. It's not all doom and gloom...yet!

01.thumb.jpg.34708def6aaf7396ef499a0d9d1cc71b.jpg02.thumb.jpg.4c94784b3a59075c9a7c1e2d23e80ef4.jpg03.thumb.jpg.8448acbf4867a0ddc215b62b91850c1f.jpg04.thumb.jpg.b1ca64913edbb57a39c7bab2e47658d7.jpg05.thumb.jpg.43b8e1d99b8a25b0d47852d818e22f7a.jpg06.thumb.jpg.9671673a30fa5f903b292738de26a34d.jpg07.thumb.jpg.bff898b59867e6fdd40d52822fa27242.jpg08.thumb.jpg.9278b724c90c0bb860e5f2863d86fc6a.jpg09.thumb.jpg.b98feead13752faf981077ebe1aa4f21.jpg09.thumb.jpg.b98feead13752faf981077ebe1aa4f21.jpg10.thumb.jpg.6c81cf1b3ce74ef27fe8658feff9e572.jpg11.thumb.jpg.048542d75052b01e45dc7660650d5a93.jpg12.thumb.jpg.bfa7bcc5ffc55a82974653554e4d1b67.jpg13.thumb.jpg.37ed67a17785110dd9e16f0082f25f79.jpg14.thumb.jpg.8e7903d459b35fa6b55fbbe549010cdb.jpg15.thumb.jpg.aedf22c1285f8f7b970715d27729829d.jpg16.thumb.jpg.7c73f4e73f46363649b7aa050ee321c6.jpg

RogerDuMond

Well this certainly doesn't say anything about RFID identification of all tourists. All it says that tourist destinations are required to issue RFID bracelets that are pre-scheduled for visitors to tourist establishments. It doesn't have anything to do with the government tracking tourists, nor does it say anything about any type of Visas.

The only thing this might accomplish if it is fully implemented, is to drive small operators out of business. They are unlikely to be able to afford the costs of implementation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Kreole
2 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Well this certainly doesn't say anything about RFID identification of all tourists. All it says that tourist destinations are required to issue RFID bracelets that are pre-scheduled for visitors to tourist establishments. It doesn't have anything to do with the government tracking tourists, nor does it say anything about any type of Visas.

The only thing this might accomplish if it is fully implemented, is to drive small operators out of business. They are unlikely to be able to afford the costs of implementation.

As was mentioned previously, these implementations start out small and are expanded over time.  Those of you who think this is silly, consider the revelations Snowden exposed as to the depth and widespread surveillance of US citizens.  Although the RP is a poor country, do not doubt it will prioritize police and military spending over all domestic programs.  The rational will always be "terrorism", drug wars, but now can include public health and safety.

For us old farts who don't go anywhere and do much, it really shouldn't matter.  After all we have nothing to hide, right?  At least nothing that could be interpreted as subversive or a danger to the state.  But, don't stray far from home or accidentally mix with the wrong class of people, as it might call into question your character or worse, your intentions.  AI can now extrapolate intentions; its called pre-crime detection based partly from how far removed you are from any perceived threat.  Of course, its pretty sci-fi bullshit, and not at all accurate or fine tuned, but that doesn't stop the implementation.  You have been warned.  ha ha