Governor Releases New Guidelines for Cebu Province Tourism

streak03

RADIO-FREQUENCY identification (RFID) will now be used by local tourists in the Cebu Province as tourism reopens.

This is what Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia emphasized when she issued the order that outlines the rules towns should follow.

Garcia issued Executive Order (EO) 20-A on July 23, 2020 during a press conference at the Capitol.

Those who wish to visit the Province should register through the online portal of the Province of Cebu, created in partnership with the Provincial Tourism Office, Department of Tourism, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Health and the Cebu Provincial Police Office.

This aims to limit the number of visitors and determine their target destination in advance.

The online portal will provide tourists with relevant information such as the new guidelines and what to bring on their trip. Payments will be done through money remittance centers.

Once registration is complete, the tourist will be given a RFID that should be worn around the wrist.

The RFID will have confirmation codes to identify the destination and tourism activities of each tourist.

Garcia said during the press conference: “This way, we can trace your whereabouts and contacts, and it will include an e-wallet which you can use for cashless payment. It’s part of the package. You have to pay for it and wear it all the time.”

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1864587/Cebu/Local-News/Garcia-releases-new-guidelines-for-Cebu-Province-tourism

• Like 2
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• to_dave007

• Kreole

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not going to stress about this. I am already enrolled in the “Filipina wife, friends and family tracking system.” Wanna know where I’ve been? - ask her cousins.

That EO is comedy gold. Make turmeric-infused and honey-sweetened calamansi juice readily available. No plastic water bottles.  No aircon in transportation without hepa filtration. 

Loosely formed thoughts and misguided propositions such as these routinely spout from the mouths of politicians. The media then seizes on a headline to sell news. It's a universal phenomenon and not o

Posted Images

fivestarph

Wonder what happens if you go scuba diving,,:biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
MickyG

''This aims to limit the number of visitors''

job done, should now be zero:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
battleborn

Crazy.  It will kill the tourism business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
East Saxon

Just another crazy idea that has not been thought through. In an executive order for Cebu Province it refers to Tourists carrying personal Air Purifiers ,I gave up trying to understand that one.

• Like 1
to_dave007
5 hours ago, fivestarph said:

Wonder what happens if you go scuba diving,,:biggrin_01:

sanitize before and after, and step in a foot bath.

• Haha 1
Kreole
1 hour ago, East Saxon said:

Just another crazy idea that has not been thought through. In an executive order for Cebu Province it refers to Tourists carrying personal Air Purifiers ,I gave up trying to understand that one.

These kinds of decrees go way beyond any public safety issue.   The potential for dictatorial and surveillance abuse is profound.    I hope tourists find out about this before they decide to come to the RP, because I have no doubt this moronic idea, and for this reason alone, will most certainly catch on for other provincial areas and cause a certain percentage of tourists to just say "fuk it" and go elsewhere. 

I would think that most potential tourists are already sick of the restrictions and limitations placed on them in their home countries.  I predict that there will be no end to these Orwellian laws by proclamation.  They look so good on paper because public safety will always the pretext and the first one to concoct such decrees will get a star.

• Like 4
MarinePride

Incrementally, people WILL go along with ANYTHING.  I'm going to make sure I visit the travel, touring and flying forums to put up this information. Hopefully, it will keep the tourists out of here, but then again people will put up it.

• Like 1
Kreole
8 hours ago, MarinePride said:

Incrementally, people WILL go along with ANYTHING.  I'm going to make sure I visit the travel, touring and flying forums to put up this information. Hopefully, it will keep the tourists out of here, but then again people will put up it.

Sadly I agree.  The trick is slipping it in little by little, like poison, like boiling frogs.  You start with the cold water and gradually turn up the heat and before they are aware enough to escape, they are cooked.  And this analogy goes for all nations, not just here in the RP. 

What is most alarming is that here in the RP, once the RFID tags are required for tourists, then they will gradually be required for other domestic groups until the entire country is tagged.  This is no conspiracy theory as others will be quick to accuse.  Under the pretext of public health and safety, they "Will go along with ANYTHING".  And, of course this applies to most other countries.  Power and control are just too addicting and intoxicating. 

It is all a matter of timing.  At 72 years old, I am thankful that I will be moving on.  Having grown up in the 50's, 60's and 70's I really appreciate all of the freedoms that we took for granted then.  At the age of 5 we were allowed to walk to kindergarden, and by the time I was 8, I could go anywhere alone or with my pals, miles to school and back or exploring wherever my bicycle and feet would carry me; truly the golden years of freedom and democracy.  I do not want to live long enough to see the last RFID chip installed. 

• Like 5
rfm010

Wife wants to put one of these rfid collars on me when i pass on.  Something about wanting to "be sure". 

I expect this is more about making some money rather than a creeping police state.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, battleborn said:

It will kill the tourism business.

Who cares?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
SkyMan

I wonder if this will also apply to BBs? since the BB visa is really just a 1 year tourist visa.

• Like 1
HeyMike
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I wonder if this will also apply to BBs? since the BB visa is really just a 1 year tourist visa.

As you know, people here on BB's have an interest in the Philippine, that is, they have family here or have jointly owned properties with their spouce, etc.. This is different from a tourist having no interest in the Philippines, other than vacationing or visiting people.

My guess is that BB's will not be required to wear the device. At least, I hope not.

to_dave007
5 hours ago, rfm010 said:

I expect this is more about making some money rather than a creeping police state.  

I agree.  I think someone is hoping that they can "own the tourist $" from arrival to departure.. just like the Chinese tour groups are "owned" by the tour operators.  In fact, maybe this law is JUST to support the continuance of those Chinese tour groups.  Won't do anything to help put tourists in the small resorts..  but the "tour group" places will be bustling.

3 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Who cares?

In fairness..  I would expect that the small resort owners and the people who work for them and the taxi drivers and the "girlfriends" are the ones who care.

• Like 2
SkyMan
2 hours ago, HeyMike said:

My guess is that BB's will not be required to wear the device. At least, I hope not.

For you and others on BB, I hope you're right too.  But really the only difference between a tourist and a BB is that you're married to a filipino or at least former filipino.  There are plenty of tourists here who have cars and property as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1