lamoe

Water Meter Replacement

lamoe

Water meter out -  HOA / MCWD demands ARAD brand

20 calls later - Belmont, Cebu Bionic, etc., etc., don't carry or out of stock.

Talked to Atlantic in Talisay - out of stock - try in Cebu City - "they don't answer" - try warehouse - they answered -  sent COD form via Facebook.

We average 6 M / month - 15 last billing period, over 40 M so far this month - told HOA to add up  last 6 months usage and I'll pay average- they're still discussing it. :biggrin_01:

Atlantic Hardware - free delivery if order over P5,000

image.png.3840a53fffbae7f920b572df0efeec7e.png

to_dave007

One nice thing about Cebu Atlantic is that they can check the inventory at every OTHER store from each store location, and they seem to have a decent inventory management system.  So.. if it's in stock ANYwhere in their system they should be able to find it.  However, I've never done it over the phone. I've always been sitting in their service area.

The warehouse is on Happy Valley road, just south of V Rama..  about 2.5 km from you @lamoe

• Like 2

lamoe

Turns out the hassle to find right size was caused by  lady in HOA office, she  wrote down 1" not 1/2" . Gave delivery guy tip, not his fault.

Ah well, also Atlantic cheaper than Belmont P2,385 vs P2,134

1" was P6,977

Will go tomorrow and buy everything from them

SkyMan
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Turns out the hassle to find right size was caused by  lady in HOA office, she  wrote down 1" not 1/2" . Gave delivery guy tip, not his fault.

Ah well, also Atlantic cheaper than Belmont P2,385 vs P2,134

1" was P6,977

Will go tomorrow and buy everything from them

And believe it or not, your water bill, at least the minimum bill, depends on the size of your meter.  WTFO?

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Atlantic Hardware was a real pain - arrived 8:10 - open at 8 - 2 ahead of me - only 2 people taking orders - many walking around - 25 min until 3rd person started waiting on people - about 40 min total - arrive / leave

Meter replaced - sprayed fittings with WD-40 last night to make it easier to replace.

I did the kitchen faucet myself - almost  2 hours - almost  1 1/2 hour  spent chipping out the cement used to set the sink. They used so much cement that when they installed the sink it formed a shelf that actually touched the fitting.:lol:

Once made some working room was no problem. Except have to return it to Belmont. Drips when shut off :sad_01:

Tata dosen't understand that I enjoyed replacing the faucet - something to do.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

Meter replaced - sprayed fittings with WD-40 last night to make it easier to replace.

I did the kitchen faucet myself - almost  2 hours - almost  1 1/2 hour  spent chipping out the cement used to set the sink. They used so much cement that when they installed the sink it formed a shelf that actually touched the fitting.:lol:

Once made some working room was no problem. Except have to return it to Belmont. Drips when shut off :sad_01:

Tata dosen't understand that I enjoyed replacing the faucet - something to do.

No photos, then it didn't happen... :biggrin_01:

• Haha 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

No photos, then it didn't happen... :biggrin_01:

:db:

20200725_054236.jpg

20200725_054721.jpg

20200725_064240[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1