Which Time Deposit at PNB is better? TopDollar or Greenmarket?

Goetz1965

I need to open a TimeDeposit at PNB as a security for my SRRV Visum (20.000US$).

Unfortunately PNB offers no further information on their website about the 2 Deposits they have, so I like to ask if anyone of you might have one and knows more.

Top Dollar vs. Greenmarket Time Deposit

Is there a difference in interest rate?  Any other differences that are not stated?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-20 um 2.24.32 PM.png

Davaoeno

Are you sure that a time deposit is acceptable? If so please let us know. Possibly they changed the rules?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Please help  me. In the Regulations that you posted I cant find anywhere that it says that a term deposit is acceptable.  What it does say is SRRV Deposit Account- which has been the case for many years.  You say that a Term Deposit is now acceptable. Please show me where it says that. If you are correct I will move my 20K deposit 😊

• Like 1
SkyMan
19 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Please help  me. In the Regulations that you posted I cant find anywhere that it says that a term deposit is acceptable.  What it does say is SRRV Deposit Account- which has been the case for many years.  You say that a Term Deposit is now acceptable. Please show me where it says that. If you are correct I will move my 20K deposit 😊

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just sayin'

Davaoeno
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just sayin'

Obviously you are the right person to advise Goetz.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Obviously you are the right person to advise Goetz.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

An time.  It's my thing.

Goetz1965

True, in the papers nowhere exactly is stated it must be a Time Deposit, but in other informations online like here https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv it is said.
So I guess they just forgot to explicitly mention it in the brochueres (remeber its the philippines)

But on the embassy info it also states that the $ deposit can be converted into other currency after 30days, so that would be a possibility if they offer better TimeDeposits in PHP maybe.

Davaoeno
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just 

8 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

True, in the papers nowhere exactly is stated it must be a Time Deposit, but in other informations online like here https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv it is said.
So I guess they just forgot to explicitly mention it in the brochueres (remeber its the philippines)

But on the embassy info it also states that the $ deposit can be converted into other currency after 30days, so that would be a possibility if they offer better TimeDeposits in PHP maybe.

Goetz- the cite you posted today specifically says " time deposit".  That is a change from before