Jump to content

Which Time Deposit at PNB is better? TopDollar or Greenmarket?


Recommended Posts

Goetz1965

I need to open a TimeDeposit at PNB as a security for my SRRV Visum (20.000US$).

Unfortunately PNB offers no further information on their website about the 2 Deposits they have, so I like to ask if anyone of you might have one and knows more.

Top Dollar vs. Greenmarket Time Deposit

Is there a difference in interest rate?  Any other differences that are not stated?
 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-20 um 2.24.32 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Are you sure that a time deposit is acceptable? If so please let us know. Possibly they changed the rules?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Please help  me. In the Regulations that you posted I cant find anywhere that it says that a term deposit is acceptable.  What it does say is SRRV Deposit Account- which has been the case for many years.  You say that a Term Deposit is now acceptable. Please show me where it says that. If you are correct I will move my 20K deposit 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
19 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Please help  me. In the Regulations that you posted I cant find anywhere that it says that a term deposit is acceptable.  What it does say is SRRV Deposit Account- which has been the case for many years.  You say that a Term Deposit is now acceptable. Please show me where it says that. If you are correct I will move my 20K deposit 😊

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just sayin'

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just sayin'

Obviously you are the right person to advise Goetz.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
15 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Obviously you are the right person to advise Goetz.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

An time.  It's my thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Goetz1965

True, in the papers nowhere exactly is stated it must be a Time Deposit, but in other informations online like here https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv it is said.
So I guess they just forgot to explicitly mention it in the brochueres (remeber its the philippines)

But on the embassy info it also states that the $ deposit can be converted into other currency after 30days, so that would be a possibility if they offer better TimeDeposits in PHP maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Does it say a term deposit is not acceptable?  Perhaps any account can be designated as a SRRV account?  Just 

8 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

True, in the papers nowhere exactly is stated it must be a Time Deposit, but in other informations online like here https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv it is said.
So I guess they just forgot to explicitly mention it in the brochueres (remeber its the philippines)

But on the embassy info it also states that the $ deposit can be converted into other currency after 30days, so that would be a possibility if they offer better TimeDeposits in PHP maybe.

 

Goetz- the cite you posted today specifically says " time deposit".  That is a change from before  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...