Flying In And Out Of The Philippines

• Administrator
Salty Dog
21 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Also be advised the country requiring your test may specify the lab(s) to perform the test.

When are you heading back to the Philippines?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• to_dave007

• papimafioso69

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update on my 12/29/20 post on req's for flying back to USA. Since the latest requirement of Swab Test not older than 72 hours prior to departure came up (effective 1/26/21), thought I would circle bac

This travel report comes to you courtesy of my Canadian friend Bill..  age 62 or 63.  Married to Filipina with 1 child, not yet on 13A visa so entering PI as tourist.  His documentation included his P

We just landed in Manila . The process was really easy . They helped us through everything . It took awhile but I like the fact that they’re careful . Hopefully we get a negative test and can continue

Posted Images

SkyMan

I'm currently banned but the plan was in about a month.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

turbo black

i was scheduled to fly to lax on jan.25 2021 from manila and it has just been cancled and they do not know when i can rebook.oh on pal airline.

Edited by turbo black
forgot something
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
24 minutes ago, turbo black said:

i was scheduled to fly to lax on jan.25 2021 from manila and it has just been cancled and they do not know when i can rebook.oh on pal airline.

I thought you just recently moved to the Philippines...

Soupeod
On 1/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, SkyMan said:

I'm currently banned but the plan was in about a month.

Read the latest in Phil stories etc...

Edited by Soupeod
  • Sad 1
to_dave007
On 1/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, cookie47 said:

Yeh good point, Haven't been looking at the Manila options , Normally not an exciting option (although to be fair haven't been their for yeeears.).

I have it on good authority that the airport in Manila is a lot LESS busy than it was a year or more ago.

• Like 2
SkyMan
10 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Read the latest in Phil stories etc...

Well, since the UK flu is already in the RP, they can drop the bans because they didn't work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod
13 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Well, since the UK flu is already in the RP, they can drop the bans because they didn't work. 

Are you using logic here? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
SkyMan

It will be interesting to see how the "no Vax no fly" idea goes forward.  Since some Vax are better than others, are countries going be ok with any shot or only certain ones? Perhaps the shot you get to fly to A won't be acceptable to fly to B. Maybe taking the cheapest or first available would be a mistake. 

• Like 3
Raven
19 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

It will be interesting to see how the "no Vax no fly" idea goes forward.  Since some Vax are better than others, are countries going be ok with any shot or only certain ones? Perhaps the shot you get to fly to A won't be acceptable to fly to B. Maybe taking the cheapest or first available would be a mistake. 

Maybe a positive test for antibody will do it...

cookie47
33 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Spot on, exactly how I've been thinking for a while now, 

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Raven said:

Maybe a positive test for antibody will do it...

Well, that may be easy enough. 

jaybee747
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Vaccinated people still need to wear face mask, social distance and do PCR test 72 hours before flying so what who is the genius behind the "no Vax no fly" idea?

SkyMan

So in a few hours the travel ban is over unless it's extended or reissued.  

However, it now seems a negative test will be required for anyone entering the US including Americans effective the 26th.

http://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

• Like 2