• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• to_dave007

• papimafioso69

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This travel report comes to you courtesy of my Canadian friend Bill..  age 62 or 63.  Married to Filipina with 1 child, not yet on 13A visa so entering PI as tourist.  His documentation included his P

We just landed in Manila . The process was really easy . They helped us through everything . It took awhile but I like the fact that they’re careful . Hopefully we get a negative test and can continue

A good friend just travelled back to the UK from Cebu (August 7th) with Qatar Airways, took 19 hours in total with a 2 hour stop over in Doha, which is normal.  Was never asked for any of the pap

Posted Images

BossHog

It seems foreign nationals with investors' visas will now be allowed into the country starting November 1...PhilStar Story.

"Those with visas issued by the Bureau of Immigration pursuant to EO No. 226 or the Omnibus Investments Code, as ammended, and Republic Act No. 8756

Those with 47(a)(2) visas issued by the Department of Justice 

Those with visas issued by Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority, and Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority 

must have valid and existing visa at the time of the entry

must have a pre-booked accredited quarantine facility

subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry

must follow applicable immigration laws, rules and regulations"

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/10/23/2051757/iatf-eases-travel-restrictions-foreigners-coming-in-filipinos-leaving?fbclid=IwAR3hCYzDhDWDDb3E4pMzYlN90YeQPY5eg8KaHJD5Ta89OBV95uWoK_1V0z4

BossHog

And on a another note...the government is 'looking at' letting in foreign nationals but you'd better be from from a country with low to medium coronavirus transmission that offers 'reciprocity' to Filipinos.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/10/21/govt-eyes-reopening-ph-borders-to-international-travelers/?fbclid=IwAR1e3QvOciz5EWyW87IZ9IJqkmKTc7ZNsOBrJZZqWSxqCJCgOg_Oo2CugRI

Gov’t eyes reopening PH borders to international travelers

The government pandemic task force is studying the possibility of reopening the country’s borders to visitors from countries with low to medium coronavirus transmission as well as applying the principle of reciprocity, according to Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles. 

The task force must also look into whether the country’s healthcare capacity will be adequate should the country eases travel restrictions to foreign visitors, Nograles added.

“Ngayon ‘yung non-essential na tinatawag na inbound, ito po ay pinag-aaralan pa po kasi gaya ng sinabi ko, step-by-step process ito, kailangan mai-prepare po natin ang ground, kailangan muna nating alamin ‘yung ine-expect nating overseas Filipinos at kakayanin ba ng ating capacity, carrying capacity ng ating bansa at ng ating health care system. (On the non-essential inbound, this is being studied. As I said, it is a step-by-step process. We must be prepared on the ground. We need to know the number of expected overseas Filipinos and if our country’s carrying capacity and health care system can handle it),” Nograles said over state television Wednesday.

“Pangalawa, tinitingnan din po natin ang low-medium transmission countries (Second, we will look into the low-medium transmission countries),” he said.

According to Nograles, the “factor of reciprocity” for countries that have allowed Filipino travelers is also being studied by the task force.

“Kasi may mga ibang bansa na tumatanggap ng mga mula sa Pilipinas so tinitingnan din natin yung option ng reciprocity (Because there are other countries that accept visitors from the Philippines so we will look into the option of reciprocity),” he said.

“Kung sila ay tumatanggap ng mga Pinoy at Pinay, baka kung low transmission din naman po sila, baka tayo rin po ay papayag na tumanggap muli ng mula rin sa bansa nila as reciprocity. (If they are accept Filipinos, if they have low transmission, maybe we can agree to accept again visitors from these countries as reciprocity.),” he said.

Nograles earlier said the IATF has started to study on whether to not to lift the entry restrictions for foreign visitors following the government’s decision to allow non-essential outbound travel of Filipinos this week.

Foreign visitors have been restricted from entering the country since March as a precaution against the coronavirus outbreak. 

• Like 1
papimafioso69

We just landed in Manila . The process was really easy . They helped us through everything . It took awhile but I like the fact that they’re careful . Hopefully we get a negative test and can continue to Leyte . Thanks for all the information everyone has posted . 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
papimafioso69
11 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

We just landed in Manila . The process was really easy . They helped us through everything . It took awhile but I like the fact that they’re careful . Hopefully we get a negative test and can continue to Leyte . Thanks for all the information everyone has posted . 

Test results back in 12 hours . Negative  . Now to get to Leyte 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
bounder

Now that I have been diagnosed positive with the coronavirus, I wonder if I can get a special visa to return to the Philippines after my affliction is gone.   Not that I wanted to be infected, but better to have it here in the states while stranded than to contract there in the Philippines.

• Like 1
mikecon3
31 minutes ago, bounder said:

Now that I have been diagnosed positive with the coronavirus, I wonder if I can get a special visa to return to the Philippines after my affliction is gone.   Not that I wanted to be infected, but better to have it here in the states while stranded than to contract there in the Philippines.

Sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't get serious. If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure someone will, are you actually sick or asymptomatic like a lot of people seem to be?

bounder
3 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't get serious. If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure someone will, are you actually sick or asymptomatic like a lot of people seem to be?

Came down with, what I thought was, a cold last Tuesday.  Had a low fever (99.6º F) for a couple of days, but lungs stayed clear.  A lot of coughing, but as far as I knew, it was only a cold.  Then I went out yesterday to run some errands (with a mask on).  Last night I was dog tired and this morning the fever was back.  Went to the clinic and they tested me and sure enough, I was positive.  

For me, I thought it was just a cold, but I guess that is how deceiving that pesky virus can be. However, I also consider myself extremely fortunate.  Because of my age and weight, it could have turned out far worse.  

Again, after this is over, I will contact the consulate in Chicago and see what they have to say AND will let the forum know the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
cvgtpc1
1 hour ago, bounder said:

Came down with, what I thought was, a cold last Tuesday.  Had a low fever (99.6º F) for a couple of days, but lungs stayed clear.  A lot of coughing, but as far as I knew, it was only a cold.  Then I went out yesterday to run some errands (with a mask on).  Last night I was dog tired and this morning the fever was back.  Went to the clinic and they tested me and sure enough, I was positive.  

For me, I thought it was just a cold, but I guess that is how deceiving that pesky virus can be. However, I also consider myself extremely fortunate.  Because of my age and weight, it could have turned out far worse.  

Again, after this is over, I will contact the consulate in Chicago and see what they have to say AND will let the forum know the results.

Is it a requirement to tell the consulate you had it?

• Like 2
HTM
On 10/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, seanm said:

You can get married online (if you are American) and then you could get in that way. There is a youtuber who just went through the process and has a ton of views for his video explaining what he did

The family code in the Philippines say all parties should be physically present in the same location!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
7 hours ago, HTM said:

The family code in the Philippines say all parties should be physically present in the same location!

However, the marriage would be recognized if the other country accepted it as valid.

• Like 1
papimafioso69
15 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

Test results back in 12 hours . Negative  . Now to get to Leyte 

Filled out our online form at the BOQ  . You also have to book your flight . Booked with Air Asia , used our voucher . The problem so far is getting the Email confirmation from the BOQ . Then once you receive that , we have to go to the Police station for the travel authority travel certificate . The waiting game has begun . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, papimafioso69 said:

The waiting game has begun

I know it's a pain in the ass but thanks for keeping us posted

• Like 2
papimafioso69
21 hours ago, Dafey said:

I know it's a pain in the ass but thanks for keeping us posted

Yesterday our BOQ was emailed to our hotel at 10 pm . We went to Police Station 6 Makati this morning . All set to go . No tea money involved . Officer Jacobs was very nice to us . Even made a copy of our passport , 20 pesos .  We made on mistake . We booked our flight before we received our BOQ . So yesterday was very stressful because I booked for 10/30 . Only two business days to have anything fall in place . I would recommend to anyone coming , that their are people in our hotel that have been here for 10 day’s . We’re very lucky . Thank you everyone for sharing your experience . I hope mine helps someone else too . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
cvgtpc1
12 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

Yesterday our BOQ was emailed to our hotel at 10 pm . We went to Police Station 6 Makati this morning . All set to go . No tea money involved . Officer Jacobs was very nice to us . Even made a copy of our passport , 20 pesos .  We made on mistake . We booked our flight before we received our BOQ . So yesterday was very stressful because I booked for 10/30 . Only two business days to have anything fall in place . I would recommend to anyone coming , that their are people in our hotel that have been here for 10 day’s . We’re very lucky . Thank you everyone for sharing your experience . I hope mine helps someone else too . 

Sounds so far so good as can be expected during this period!  Really interested in the next stage when you get to Tacloban as that's where we go also.

• Like 1