Flying in and out of the Philippines

• Administrator
Dafey
34 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

have to get the ability to marry from the consulate in Cebu once I arrive

At the moment you can't get in unless you are already married to a Filipino/Filipina

• Like 2
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• to_dave007

• Dafey

• papimafioso69

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This travel report comes to you courtesy of my Canadian friend Bill..  age 62 or 63.  Married to Filipina with 1 child, not yet on 13A visa so entering PI as tourist.  His documentation included his P

Well, as for flying out, my wife and I are sitting in the HK transit area waiting for our connection to SFO.  Got to MCIA at 8AM for the 1215 flight to HK on CX and barely got on. The wife is on a US

A good friend just travelled back to the UK from Cebu (August 7th) with Qatar Airways, took 19 hours in total with a 2 hour stop over in Doha, which is normal.  Was never asked for any of the pap

Posted Images

TequilaSunset
At the moment you can't get in unless you are already married to a Filipino/Filipina
Yeah but I'm hoping on the gates to open by first quarter next year, want to know all the parts and pieces I need to gather to get established there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

to_dave007
54 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

Yeah but I'm hoping on the gates to open by first quarter next year, want to know all the parts and pieces I need to gather to get established there.

Most "expectations" are that gates will open in second half of 2021.

• Like 1
TequilaSunset
Most "expectations" are that gates will open in second half of 2021.
Gawd this sucks. My girl is depressed as it is already...

7 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

You can get married online (if you are American) and then you could get in that way. There is a youtuber who just went through the process and has a ton of views for his video explaining what he did

Edited by seanm
  • Like 1
Soupeod

If you do get a flight here, don’t leave Cebu, we’ve been total lockdown since March in Leyte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
to_dave007
8 hours ago, Soupeod said:

If you do get a flight here, don’t leave Cebu, we’ve been total lockdown since March in Leyte.

Same with Negros I believe. (I checked at Toledo a week ago.. no passenger or private vehicle service on the ferries from Cebu.. only cargo.  If you need to get to Negros from here I THINK you need to get classified as LSI (Locally Stranded Individual) and get PNP Travel Authorization and Quarantine Certificate and God knows what else to get across, then quarantine for 14 days on other side.  It CAN be done, but you REALLY gotta want to get there for it to happen).

And Siquijor from what I understand from one member here..

Edited by to_dave007
mikecon3
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Same with Negros I believe. (I checked at Toledo a week ago.. no passenger or private vehicle service on the ferries from Cebu.. only cargo.  If you need to get to Negros from here I THINK you need to get classified as LSI (Locally Stranded Individual) and get PNP Travel Authorization and Quarantine Certificate and God knows what else to get across, then quarantine for 14 days on other side.  It CAN be done, but you REALLY gotta want to get there for it to happen).

I believe the same with Masbate. There are some ferries coming in, but no passengers, cargo only. Except one that goes to Masbate City, which after filling out who knows what all paperwork in Cebu, they are allowed to come but quarantine when they get there for 14 days, and I would not be surprised if they had to quarantine again when they got to where they were going for another 14 days. As you said, they probably have to be classified as LSI and how in the world do you go about that?! I can't find a source with that information, but that's not really all that surprising, is it?!

I had relatives that took the same boat TO Cebu 2 weeks ago...they had to get all the paperwork you mentioned, and got to Cebu. I was told they did not have to quarantine and went straight to their house...but I was also told they haven't left the house because they don't have a quarantine pass, so I'm still trying to get the right scoop on that one.

• Like 1
to_dave007
2 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

they probably have to be classified as LSI and how in the world do you go about that?! I can't find a source with that information

I don't think it's as tough as you think.  Canadian friend of mine arrived at Manila and need to get authorization to get home to his wife in rural Cebu..  can't remember exactly what he did (but wrote about it somewhere earlier in this thread... i think)..  but was easily done in few hours..  He was told he was classified as LSI. I suspect you just present yourself to nearest PNP station and ask.

2 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

I had relatives that took the same boat TO Cebu 2 weeks ago...they had to get all the paperwork you mentioned, and got to Cebu. I was told they did not have to quarantine and went straight to their house...but I was also told they haven't left the house because they don't have a quarantine pass, so I'm still trying to get the right scoop on that one.

Same Canadian friend was able to complete his 2 week quarantine at home in Tuburan.. because he had the right form from local health department.  I think there are several criteria that have to be met like distance to other houses..  number of over 60, number of under 20.. this kind of thing.  His wife got it from local barangay captain and he had it with him on his flight.  So he DID NOT need to quarantine in Manila or Cebu..  but he did need to quarantine in Tuburan.  Plus he had COVID test upon Manila arrival.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
cookie47

Home quarantine has been implemented 3 times in our sub division .All seaman,(not sure if that's relevant or changes thing's).I did post before somewhere?.All arrived via Manila,Then onto Cebu, Covide test at Cebu airport,(not sure when negative rest result was released)...BUT

Got driven directly Home by LGU official transportation (no deviation).

14 days in house.

• Like 2
papimafioso69

I know we will be living with my In-laws until late next year . Two weeks away from our flight . I’ll save a little on rent . I get to use the home I remolded . Can’t wait to get out of the States . 

• Like 1

Just flew yesterday from Cebu to LAX via Taipei, airplanes was almost empty, no wonder they are canceling flights.

• Like 1

My wife says she heard that Pres.Duterte made it so foreigners now need a visa to enter the philippines even if married to filippina's.My wife is from Mindanao and we always in the past received Balikbayan for one year when entering in Cebu and Manila.Also I was told by phone from a filippino in manila that we can only enter the philippines from Manila,Is this true,He said then we need to be quarantined somewhere in Manila,he heard from someone else.We are looking to travel and stay in the philippines this coming summer.Thanks if anyone could shed some light on this.

You're in the USA so by summer you mean next June 2021?  Nothing that applies today probably will then.  What I'm counting on.

• Like 3
smokey
On 10/10/2020 at 11:38 AM, TequilaSunset said:

Do what i do to fix a depressed women send money seems to cheer them up quickly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1