Flying in and out of the Philippines

fivestarph

It would appear that Taiwan is now included in the Philippine travel restrictions, being "part" of China.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• to_dave007

• papimafioso69

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This travel report comes to you courtesy of my Canadian friend Bill..  age 62 or 63.  Married to Filipina with 1 child, not yet on 13A visa so entering PI as tourist.  His documentation included his P

We just landed in Manila . The process was really easy . They helped us through everything . It took awhile but I like the fact that they’re careful . Hopefully we get a negative test and can continue

A good friend just travelled back to the UK from Cebu (August 7th) with Qatar Airways, took 19 hours in total with a 2 hour stop over in Doha, which is normal.  Was never asked for any of the pap

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

It would appear that Taiwan is now included in the Philippine travel restrictions, being "part" of China.

Yep, so people usin EVA air are affected.

fivestarph
47 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Travel Ban clarification.  By the letter of this, BBs are not exempted but they aren't mentioned one way or the other.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/02_Feb/2020Feb05_Press-b.pdf

2020Feb05_Press-b[1].pdf 114.86 kB · 0 downloads

The EO 324 and RA 7919 referred to do not appear to cover those with a SRRV??

SkyMan
30 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

The EO 324 and RA 7919 referred to do not appear to cover those with a SRRV??

Well, SRRV stands for Special Resident Retiree Visa... and

The only exception will be Filipino Citizens and Alien Permanent Status holders,” Morente stated.

Would sound to me like you're ok but that's only from using logic.  He also said...

He specifically identified the permanent resident aliens as those who were issued immigrant visas under the Philippine immigration act;    Is the SRRV program identified here?

those who availed of the alien legalization program under EO 324;                     Doesn't sound like SRRV

those who availed of the alien social integration program under RA 7919;             Doesn't sound like SRRV

native-born foreign nationals;                        No

aliens who acquired permanent resident status by reason of marriage to Filipinos,      13A

and aliens with approved refugee status.                        Maybe claim you're a persecuted refugee.

I think anyone with a SRRV should be hounding the PRA and the BI for clarification and I wouldn't accept a "yeah, you're ok."  I would demand they publish an official statement and/or coordinate with BI to be included in the next travel ban clarification.  If I was looking for a BB I would be hounding the BI for the same.  Even if the answer is a definite no, at least you have that.  

• Like 1
Banacon

Eva air still allows booking on their website for outgoing flights from cebu city to seattle. I checked the one way for the 17th..it was not stopped from booking, but my real tickets are for June. Would have thought the request for the 17th would have had a popup, but none..

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Banacon said:

Eva air still allows booking on their website for outgoing flights from cebu city to seattle. I checked the one way for the 17th..it was not stopped from booking, but my real tickets are for June. Would have thought the request for the 17th would have had a popup, but none..

Foreigners can go wherever they want.  However, you won't be able to return through Taiwan if the ban is still on unless you have a 13A (or other 13 visa).  However, it may be that flights to/from Taiwan and the other countries will be reduced or canx altogether.

SkyMan

This should piss China off.....

• Like 1
SkyMan

https://cnnphilippines.com/regional/2020/2/12/filipinos-refuse-quarantine-in-cebu.html?fbclid=IwAR1IXKcRlbO0HNVzbioU649941SPyVeASx9Sf95Aw0ZrQDqk3Rxr7nXURnM

78 Filipinos arriving in Cebu from Taiwan refuse being quarantined

By CNN Philippines Staff

Published Feb 12, 2020 6:02:40 PM

Over 70 Filipinos who have arrived from Taiwan are trying to force their way out of the Mactan International Airport in Cebu after refusing to be quarantined, an airport official said Wednesday. (FILE PHOTO)

Cebu (CNN Philippines, February 12) — Over 70 Filipinos who have arrived from Taiwan were trying to force their way out of the Mactan Cebu International Airport after refusing to be quarantined, an airport official said Wednesday.

Airport General Manager Steve Dicdiccan said at least 78 Filipinos refused to undergo quarantine, which erupted into a commotion. Regional police have already deployed additional forces to the airport.

This comes as questions hound the government after it announced a travel ban against foreign nationals, non-Filipino citizens and non-holders of permanent visas coming from the country which asserted itself as an independent state from China. The government's travel ban lumped Taiwan with mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.

This is a developing story.

Cebu-based journalist Dale Israel contributed to this report.

• Thanks 1
user333
19 hours ago, SkyMan said:

The governor said the quarantined passengers flying to Davao City would occupy the back of the plane, with four rows separating them from regular passengers, to ensure the safety of everyone.

Because if someone is coughing, the virus only travels the distance of 4 rows and not 5. 

• Haha 6
SkyMan
4 hours ago, user333 said:

Because if someone is coughing, the virus only travels the distance of 4 rows and not 5. 

And of course, they disabled the cabin air circulation system.  Hahahaha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
13 hours ago, SkyMan said:

And of course, they disabled the cabin air circulation system.  Hahahaha

Actually the air circulation system is pretty sophisticated and cleaner than outside air. 

Studies have shown that the filters on most planes remove 99.97 percent of airborne particles. Of course, that doesn't help if you're sitting next to someone who's sneezing up a storm.

hyaku

I have had more than few serious chest infections from flying. 

Headshot
54 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Is there any end date to these restrictions..  or are they indefinite?

I suspect they will end when there are no more infections in China. Of course, there may be other restrictions on flying through other countries as the pandemic spreads.