Jump to content

This Farmer Was Sick Of People Parking On His Land


Salty Dog

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
Salty Dog

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24

He could have charged them for parking, even hired a kid or someone to put out signs indicating the price, roping off an entrance to turn the situation into an income stream.  It doesn't look like he was farming that plot.  Heck, even at $2 per car that's worth the trouble every weekend or however often the market convenes.  This looks more like a man frustrated with the situation and not thinking it through.  His land and of course he can do what he wants but that's a missed opportunity. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

In today's climate, the farmer is fortunate that the police did not confiscate his tractor.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

He could have charged them for parking, even hired a kid or someone to put out signs indicating the price, roping off an entrance to turn the situation into an income stream.  It doesn't look like he was farming that plot.  Heck, even at $2 per car that's worth the trouble every weekend or however often the market convenes.  This looks more like a man frustrated with the situation and not thinking it through.  His land and of course he can do what he wants but that's a missed opportunity. 

Costs for permits, liability insurance, OSHA regs,  inspections. mandatory improvements,  and anything else gov can think of.:1frog:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
18 hours ago, lamoe said:

Costs for permits, liability insurance, OSHA regs,  inspections. mandatory improvements,  and anything else gov can think of.:1frog:

That's what I find so stimulating about visiting the province, there is relatively little of that compared to the U.S.  If you want to open a small business like a vulcanizing service, fuel station using Coca-Cola bottles, etc., you just set up by the roadside, put out a sign and you're in business!   

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

That's what I find so stimulating about visiting the province, there is relatively little of that compared to the U.S.  If you want to open a small business like a vulcanizing service, fuel station using Coca-Cola bottles, etc., you just set up by the roadside, put out a sign and you're in business!   

 

Until you get caught...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Until you get caught...

I suppose it helps to be a relative of the Mayor or Barangay Captain..... which in my wife's case is usually true depending on how each election goes.

My (Kano) brother-in law and I have a running joke about wanting to sponsor a long-haul jeepney business.  That and build the only house in town with a swimming pool. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...