This Farmer Was Sick Of People Parking On His Land

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

• Like 4
Chris24

He could have charged them for parking, even hired a kid or someone to put out signs indicating the price, roping off an entrance to turn the situation into an income stream.  It doesn't look like he was farming that plot.  Heck, even at $2 per car that's worth the trouble every weekend or however often the market convenes.  This looks more like a man frustrated with the situation and not thinking it through.  His land and of course he can do what he wants but that's a missed opportunity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
HeyMike

In today's climate, the farmer is fortunate that the police did not confiscate his tractor.

• Haha 1
lamoe
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

He could have charged them for parking, even hired a kid or someone to put out signs indicating the price, roping off an entrance to turn the situation into an income stream.  It doesn't look like he was farming that plot.  Heck, even at $2 per car that's worth the trouble every weekend or however often the market convenes.  This looks more like a man frustrated with the situation and not thinking it through.  His land and of course he can do what he wants but that's a missed opportunity. 

Costs for permits, liability insurance, OSHA regs,  inspections. mandatory improvements,  and anything else gov can think of.:1frog:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Chris24
18 hours ago, lamoe said:

Costs for permits, liability insurance, OSHA regs,  inspections. mandatory improvements,  and anything else gov can think of.:1frog:

That's what I find so stimulating about visiting the province, there is relatively little of that compared to the U.S.  If you want to open a small business like a vulcanizing service, fuel station using Coca-Cola bottles, etc., you just set up by the roadside, put out a sign and you're in business!   

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

That's what I find so stimulating about visiting the province, there is relatively little of that compared to the U.S.  If you want to open a small business like a vulcanizing service, fuel station using Coca-Cola bottles, etc., you just set up by the roadside, put out a sign and you're in business!   

Until you get caught...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Chris24
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Until you get caught...

I suppose it helps to be a relative of the Mayor or Barangay Captain..... which in my wife's case is usually true depending on how each election goes.

My (Kano) brother-in law and I have a running joke about wanting to sponsor a long-haul jeepney business.  That and build the only house in town with a swimming pool. 

• Like 1