Things Just Keep Getting Better and Better

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

An email I received today... :rolleyes:

I live In nearby South Carolina, I recently had a historic lottery  jackpot winning of  $1.5 billion Mega Millions game. I elected to remain anonymous in an effort to avoid the attention and scrutiny that often comes with winning the lottery. My major aim is to try my possible best to touch lives around the world positively. So therefore, I have selected  10 Lucky Email addresses randomly around the globe to receive a personal grant donation of  $20,000,000.00 from me. It is a personal and righteous covenant gift coming straight from my heart and so, therefore, I take it very personally, seriously and extremely private. The intention of this email is to be of immense blessing to people around the world, I cannot continue to amass wealth without giving out. This donation has been allocated to you not just because you are lucky nor by chance but by divine intervention. I do not care about your age, race, gender, beliefs or ethnicity as kindness is implanted in the heart, I therefore, urges you to make sure you also impact positively to your environment and be a tool of divine happiness to live around you. We are never too young, old or vulnerable to be a blessing. With this, I believe my wealth is spreading around the globe and it will forever gladden my heart and elevate my soul.

Please kindly contact my lawyer Henry Legge QC with the above Ref.LU67342FY6 via email ........ [email protected]

http://newswire.net/newsroom/news/00118464-lottery-winners-are-donating-to-charity.html

I'm going to be rich... :yahoo:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
cookie47

Why would someone living in South Carolina use a British QC ( Lawyer), which does exist BTW.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Like 1
lamoe
5 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Why would someone living in South Carolina use a British QC ( Lawyer), which does exist BTW.

Same reason they used "urges" and "$1.5 billion Mega Millions game" - from a country were that's all they know

1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

An email I received today... :rolleyes:

I'm going to be rich... :yahoo:

Yeah but what amount are you gonna donate to the charity the QC will tell you about?

• Like 1
HeyMike

Man-o-man.... $20 mil.... some people have all the luck..... congrats Salty...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Ozepete

Its ok Mike, he's going to share with us all..... trouble is a percentage of bugger all is still bugger all!    Oh well at least the thought was there!  :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
lamoe

The unfortunate thing is these scams do work - maybe 1 in 1,000 and that's enough.

Saw one that involved Microsoft Service  - one older lady lost $30,000

BossHog

Silly old me. Didn't even know South Carolina is now located in Nigeria.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Ozepete
22 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Silly old me. Didn't even know South Carolina is now located in Nigeria.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Just send your bank details and the estate of my late cousin the King of Fucknucklesvile Nigeria will adjust your bank balance as a tribute to his Kingshits kindness. :as-if:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Edwin

Well, there was an anonymous winner of $1.5+ Billion in South Carolina a few years back so the rest of the story is probably true. Send him the funds to unlock your $20,000,000 account.

• Like 1
Kreole
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Saw one that involved Microsoft Service  - one older lady lost $30,000

The scams work enough to keep these assholes employed.  On the other hand, there are so many cases of "old" folks getting sucked into these scams even after their family members  advised them against it.  Another variation of the scam is the internet love scam where past their prime women get hooked up to a dating site.  Of course on the other end, the scammer needs money for this or that emergency, and of course the gullible victim doesn't want to lose the love of her life (even though she has never met the guy) and so begins her fleecing.

At some point, you just can't save some people from themselves, so it is a waste of time.  The most outrageous of all scams are the greedy money pastors who need money for a new jet or another wardrobe of $1,000 suits from Brooks Bros.  You can see some examples on YouTube.  It is kind of sickening to see how stupid people are, but you cannot fix stupid, as the saying goes. 

If ever an assassin needed a righteous vocation, then systematically knocking off each and every one of them would be a gift to mankind.  However, it is a thankless task since it then becomes a wack a mole game as there are just too many people willing to forego reason for obsession (yes religion can be an obsession) so I am afraid it would be more work than one assassin could handle.

The core problem is not the scammers as it is the uneducated and gullible people who have not been informed about the scams, or worse, ignore the warnings.  And it is often too late to educate them after they have given away their life savings and even mortgaged their homes.  Scammers don't just come from Nigeria or India, as they populate many other countries.  And the internet is the gift that keeps on giving.  So sad.

The Philippines is just filled with Multiple Level Marketing scams that go unpunished.  Even in the US the some of the biggest MLM scams like Herbalife and Amway are allowed to run their scams because they have so much money, they have bought off the Congress and the courts.  It boggles the imagination.  As P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute", and no law can fix that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
jtmwatchbiz
19 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Don't rain on Don's parade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
11 hours ago, Edwin said:

Well, there was an anonymous winner of $1.5+ Billion in South Carolina a few years back so the rest of the story is probably true. Send him the funds to unlock your $20,000,000 account.

cookie47
4 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

Don't rain on Don's parade. 

Yeh, sorry what was I thinking. 

• Like 1
Chris24

Just wait 'til the IRS reads this thread.........

• Haha 2