Senate hearing on PH internet suspended over connectivity issues

SkyMan

If this wasn't so sad it would be hilarious......

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1300209/this-is-the-worst-senate-hearing-on-ph-internet-suspended-over-connectivity-issues

‘This is the worst’: Senate hearing on PH internet suspended over connectivity issues

A Senate public services committee hearing into the status of internet service in the country on Wednesday took an ironic turn after it suffered connectivity issues.

More at the link.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

This should be posted in unrealistic expectations

• Like 2
SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Dafey said:

This should be posted in unrealistic expectations

I would have if it wasn't true.  This could almost rate as an article in the Onion.

• Like 1
BossHog

I dunno. Been happy to see Internet service slowly improve over the years here and it seems fine now. The congested urban areas have a problem though. I think it's a population explosion problem more than a technological problem. They should focus on getting population growth under control.That's the real issue.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

lamoe
44 minutes ago, BossHog said:

I dunno. Been happy to see Internet service slowly improve over the years here and it seems fine now. The congested urban areas have a problem though. I think it's a population explosion problem more than a technological problem. They should focus on getting population growth under control.That's the real issue.

PLDT Fibr was spotty for awhile, back to normal now.

BUT, probably for those who can't afford the 2K a month a real problem with outages / bandwidth

to_dave007
16 minutes ago, lamoe said:

PLDT Fibr was spotty for awhile, back to normal now.

BUT, probably for those who can't afford the 2K a month a real problem with outages / bandwidth

It's not a matter of "can't afford". For most of us.. PLDT Fibr is just not available still.  I pay 1500 peso for 3mbps with Globe landline ..  the only landline service available here.

• Like 2
BossHog

DITO, the third telecom, is having lockdown problems getting their July launch launched. They could be a game changer or just have the usual mediocre and intermittent service and silly promos. It's a wait-and-see.

I do know they're cashed up. They've already paid my missus for twenty-year leases on three mountaintops.

I'm getting the slight impression they may be getting hampered by government regulation i.e. everyone wants a taste.

So they have a Senate hearing to discuss government inhibition of the telecom industry? And the Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Monty Python skit in the cheese shop comes to mind.

• Like 1
lamoe
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

It's not a matter of "can't afford". For most of us.. PLDT Fibr is just not available still.  I pay 1500 peso for 3mbps with Globe landline ..  the only landline service available here.

Had Smart pocket then Globe DSL both iffy.

Took 2 years to get PLDT.  Available but limited connections.