cookie47

Expired visas/Balakbayan during Covid19

Headshot
13 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I don't need to convert to Tourist as I found the link below from the BI, which seems to say a BB can be RENEWED (rather than exiting)  for UP to 6 months,, obviously in our current environment with late fees and all that.,, which was news to me. See paragraph 3.

I think you need to reread paragraph 3. It doesn't say you will still be under the BB Stamp after a year. It just says you can extend your stay. The terms it mentions (1 month, 3 months or 6 month) are all tourist visa extension possibilities, as is the 36 month total limit it mentions. Make no mistake. If you stay more than 1 year on a BB stamp, you will be on a tourist visa (with all of the limitations that brings). You will be required to pay for an ACR-I card and you will have to get an ECC when you leave, just like everybody else with a tourist visa who has stayed for more than 6 months.

Those who are admitted as Balikbayans are given an initial stay of one (1) year. They may extend their stay for another one (1), two (2) or six (6) months provided that they present their valid passport and filled out the visa extension form and submit it to the Visa Extension Section in the BI Main Office or any BI Offices nationwide. An additional requirement will be ask for Balikbayans who have stayed in the Philippines after thirty six (36) months.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-privilege

• Like 2

cookie47
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:
14 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I don't need to convert to Tourist as I found the link below from the BI, which seems to say a BB can be RENEWED (rather than exiting)  for UP to 6 months,, obviously in our current environment with late fees and all that.,, which was news to me. See paragraph 3.

Read more  

I think you need to reread paragraph 3. It doesn't say you will still be under the BB Stamp after a year. It just says

Yes, you can read it like that for sure. 

Have no issues,, and NOTE,, I'm no expert in this matter at all. ALL my previous visits and stays have been Balakbayan, so the BI and visa matters have been thrust appon me due to Covid19. 

Well have to wait and see. Thanks. 

• Like 2

BossHog

I sent you a message about this matter Cookie

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1

cookie47

Re visa 

Well thanks all for the comments and concerns, it's appreciated. 

What I'm going to do now is to now is make more in depth enquires regarding the  use of the Travel Agent (and make an appropriate decision.) Normally in an earlier life I would sort this out myself. I sympathise now with members that live in the province and have to travel by boat and bus for hours to a BI. Although my worst trip from Consolacion to Lapu2 was 3.5 hours. 

Thus I will not comment/post personally anymore at this time until I have concluded what are the requirements OF the BI for when a BB expires, (something of which that has never happened to me), particularly when circumstances like lockdown and Covid19 impact on expiry and  renewal. I will certainly keep you informed. (unless someone else posts with better news). Thanks David.. 

• Like 1

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, Headshot said:

I think you need to reread paragraph 3. It doesn't say you will still be under the BB Stamp after a year. It just says you can extend your stay. The terms it mentions (1 month, 3 months or 6 month) are all tourist visa extension possibilities, as is the 36 month total limit it mentions. Make no mistake. If you stay more than 1 year on a BB stamp, you will be on a tourist visa (with all of the limitations that brings). You will be required to pay for an ACR-I card and you will have to get an ECC when you leave, just like everybody else with a tourist visa who has stayed for more than 6 months.

Yea, one of our members use to only leave the Philippines every 2-3 years. He would start off with the BB Stamp and then get tourist visa extensions until the next time he left. When he first started there were only 2 month extensions with max of 24 months total before he had to leave. Eventually he could get 6 month extensions and stay longer before he had to leave. He did it for 17 years before finally getting an SRRV. He always applied for his first extension before the BB expired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SkyMan
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Yea, one of our members use to only leave the Philippines every 2-3 years. He would start off with the BB Stamp and then get tourist visa extensions until the next time he left. When he first started there were only 2 month extensions with max of 24 months total before he had to leave. Eventually he could get 6 month extensions and stay longer before he had to leave. He did it for 17 years before finally getting an SRRV. He always applied for his first extension before the BB expired.

Whatever happened to him anyway?

Dafey
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Whatever happened to him anyway?

Deported for expired visa...

• Haha 1