cookie47

Expired visas/Balakbayan during Covid19

cookie47

Well in 4 days it'll be two months since my Balakbayan stamp expired. 

I might start taking bets on which month the system will be up and running AND when I'm allowed to go out... :unsure:

Although for me in reality there's no urgency. 

Edited by cookie47
Addition
  • Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

If you can get to an office you can convert to tourist then next time you go out and back resume your BB

2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Under normal circumstances, yes.

I would think they are even tougher on incoming BB now.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

I might start taking bets on which month the system will be up and running AND when I'm allowed to go out... :unsure:

Although for me in reality there's no urgency. 

I've seen chismis that the penalty waiver is only until the end of the month since ECQ started on the first but I've seen nothing official on that.

57 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I would think they are even tougher on incoming BB now.

Yeah but that's been the rule since the end of March and no change I know of.

• Like 1

BossHog

You'd want to be getting those visa changes and extensions done. Amnesty is about to expire and they've already geared up with extra fees and such. Much more so when amnesty ends.

I'm sure they're running the offices professionally and correctly under the trying circumstances. An abundance of anecdotal evidence tells me to bring a fatter wallet than usual however.

Sorry, a bit off topic but important.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 2

SkyMan
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I've seen chismis that the penalty waiver is only until the end of the month since ECQ started on the first but I've seen nothing official on that.

1 hour ago, BossHog said:

You'd want to be getting those visa changes and extensions done. Amnesty is about to expire

Do you have an official link to that?

cookie47

Our sub division has become more closer during these difficult times. 

My wife found that a neighbor works at a travel agency (I've yet to find location details). But will post if helpfull.. 

She regularly deals with visas

However,, 

The lady in question told us that they have on staff a accredited person in regard to the BI that can present and transact on our behalf, and I have heard this service is available  from previous/passed post on LinC

NOTE,, this is definitely not a fixer.... 

When they reopen (which is the $64,000 question). she says we can get my BB transacted without me attending.? Whoopee. 

So let's hope. 

Also I don't need to convert to Tourist as I found the link below from the BI, which seems to say a BB can be RENEWED (rather than exiting)  for UP to 6 months,, obviously in our current environment with late fees and all that.,, which was news to me. See paragraph 3. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-privilege

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SkyMan
52 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Also I don't need to convert to Tourist as I found the link below from the BI, which seems to say a BB can be RENEWED (rather than exiting)  for UP to 6 months,, obviously in our current environment with late fees and all that.,, which was news to me. See paragraph 3. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-privilege

A BB visa is in essence a one year tourist visa.  So you can extend it 1, 2, or 6 months like any other tourist after the year is up.  You'll probably get a tourist ACR-I card which is something you were looking for a while back.  Like a tourist, you can stay a total of 3 years before you have to leave so 1 yr free plus extend for 2 more years.

There's no real downgrading involved, it's just magic.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cookie47
A BB visa is in essence a one year tourist visa.  So you can extend it 1, 2, or 6 months like any other tourist after the year is up.  You'll probably get a tourist ACR-I card which is something you were looking for a while back.  Like a tourist, you can stay a total of 3 years before you have to leave so 1 yr free plus extend for 2 more years.
There's no real downgrading involved, it's just magic.
Good thinking,,, Well It remains to be seen which way I go, extension or conversion to Tourist.

Our bigger plan WAS/IS to return to Aus, when safe, OR safer?? . I'm not sitting here in PH watching YouTube and see the days fly BY and probably my health deteriorate . I know flying has Covid19 risks, but I may well be waiting to Christmas. Fortunately Western Australia is allowing citizens to arrive.. I just got to clarify isolation rules..

My original plan for this YEAR was for a 13a application transacted in Australia, but that's not looking good now, and I suppose getting it here doesn't look too flash..
Anyway one can only plan by the day at the moment..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

to_dave007

I'm on expired BB visa now as well..  Expired June 16..  so 13 days expired now.

This thread of yours is good news is good news @cookie47 .  Was not aware AT ALL that I could get extension to BB visa (never needed it before) and up to 3 years. wow.  That's good.

How long does the travel agent need my passport to get BB extension?  and what are the costs involved?

And since you are in Consolacion instead of Mandaue.. no need to quarantine when I get back here to Tuburan if I use your travel agent. It's an option.  Though normally I prefer to go into BI.  I plan to see what happens in next few weeks and get in as soon as I can without Q on return.

Oh.. and of COURSE Western Australian is allowing arrivals.. They INVENTED social distancing there didn't they.

• Like 3

cookie47
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

How long does the travel agent need my passport to get BB extension?  and what are the costs involved?

I will ask, our discussion didn't get to that level, as I said the agency has not reopened since Covid19 shut down (and this may be the unknown component of this OR our issue) ,,, plus she is only an employee but we see her daily. I'll keep you informed. My wife thinks its in Mandaue but probably closed due to no traveller's. Or even lock down rules.? 

• Like 1

SkyMan
8 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Good thinking,,, Well It remains to be seen which way I go, extension or conversion to Tourist.

No choice to be made. you're a tourist now because your BB expired.  Only way to avoid that was to leave the country before it expired.  

7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

And since you are in Consolacion instead of Mandaue.. no need to quarantine when I get back here to Tuburan if I use your travel agent. It's an option.  Though normally I prefer to go into BI.  I plan to see what happens in next few weeks and get in as soon as I can without Q on return.

I would look around Tuburan for a travel agent there that can do it although they might not be open now.  It may cost a bit more there due to the travel but probably not a lot and better they travel than you.  And they are probably more likely to get you a 6 month extension than you would on your own.  From what I've read, the JMall BI is being stingy on doing 6 months so the Mactan BI is the better choice if going yourself.

• Like 2

Banacon

My BB expires on Aug 1st. I won't travel 4 hours  for BI office. Especially since cebu is ECQ now. For me, I will just deal with BI at the airport when we go back to states. Anyway, during ECQ you don't have to extend.. 

Dafey
12 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Also I don't need to convert to Tourist as I found the link below from the BI, which seems to say a BB can be RENEWED (rather than exiting)  for UP to 6 months

Very cool...did not know this. Keep us posted about process and fees, please.

• Like 2

to_dave007
28 minutes ago, Banacon said:

My BB expires on Aug 1st. I won't travel 4 hours  for BI office. Especially since cebu is ECQ now. For me, I will just deal with BI at the airport when we go back to states. Anyway, during ECQ you don't have to extend.. 

I understand that for YOU..  But no ECQ for me..  it's GCQ all the way.

SkyMan
13 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

it's GCQ all the way.

Right now.  Let's pray that continues or gets better.

45 minutes ago, Banacon said:

But Bohol is on GCQ right?  And there's a BI in Tag so you have a month to deal with it (or not.)