Jump to content

Ford F-150 now available in the RP


Recommended Posts

SkyMan

Some thing to talk about besides the virus/lockdown.

F150-brochure-8pp-aw.pdf

Manila price:

4X2 Lariat 2.7M

4X4 Platinum  3M

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikecon3

I was looking at those earlier in the year. I drive a 2015 F150 FX4 here and love it, haven't had any problems with it. It'll go like a bat out of hell! The price for the platinum seems lower than the US, but they probably make them or assemble them in the Philippines...and that price is probably before options.

It definitely burns gas with that 5L engine, I don't see it being a big sell there except as a work or farm truck.

AND, they've started selling the Dodge Ram Laramie as well, so you will have the "which truck is better" arguments!

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
42 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

It definitely burns gas with that 5L engine, I don't see it being a big sell there except as a work or farm truck.

3.5L Ecoboost V6.  Here anyway.  My Ranger was built, at least assembled, in Thailand  I think the Ford plant closed here.

46 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

and that price is probably before options.

From what I can figure out, the options consist of, "What color do you want?"

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47

Toyota Philippines Rolls out vehicle Leasing

https://www-philstar-com

Interesting. I like to find out cost.... I'd never do 15,000ks a year.... They probably have, Sorry sir No seniors.
Toyota rolls out vehicle leasing
By

 Louella Desiderio(Philstar.com) 
 June 28, 2020 - 12:00am

In a statement, TMP said Toyota Financial Services Philippines (TFSP) has launched a leasing service called Kinto One in response to the changing demands of consumers looking at car usership instead of the conventional car ownership.


MANILA, Philippines  — Leading automotive firm Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. (TMP) has rolled out a vehicle leasing service to cater to the mobility needs of consumers who prefer to use cars without owning one.

In a statement, TMP said Toyota Financial services Philippines (TFSP) has launched a leasing service called Kinto One in response to the changing demands of consumers looking at car usership instead of the conventional car ownership.

Through Kinto One, customers can choose a Toyota model to drive for three or four years.

Vehicle models available under Kinto One are the Vios, Rush, Fortuner and Corolla Altis.

Customers also have the following mileage options: light package at 15,000 kilometers (km) per year, standard package at 20,000 km per year, and maximum package at 30,000 km per year.

The fixed monthly subscription for the lease service will cover the vehicle registration, annual comprehensive insurance, and regular periodic and preventive maintenance.


When the lease term is completed, the customer just has to return the vehicle.

“Kinto is a step closer to realizing Toyota’s vision of Mobility for All.  We would like to provide as much flexibility as possible to customers based on their lifestyle and preferences.  We recognize that the next generation has a need for car usage, but not necessarily in the form of vehicle ownership.  Kinto makes it easy for them,” TFSP  president Atsushi Murakami said.

Kinto One is now available in all Toyota dealerships in Metro Manila.

The service is being launched at a time when weak demand is anticipated for purchases of new vehicles given the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic.

Earlier this month,TMP had seen an increase in inquiries for its used cars amid transport challenges following restrictions imposed by the government to contain the spread of the virus.

Through the Toyota Certified Used Car (TCUV) program, customers are assured the used vehicles being purchased have gone through TMP’s rigorous inspection and certification procedure.

Vehicles purchased under the TCUV program come with additional limited warranty and are qualified for flexible financing with TFSP.



Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
 

Edited by cookie47
Addition
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete

Hey Cookie, can you imagine how long this plan would last if they introduced it for our indigenous brethren outback?    

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Customers also have the following mileage options: light package at 15,000 kilometers (km) per year, standard package at 20,000 km per year, and maximum package at 30,000 km per year.

My truck is almost 3 years old and has about 10K Kms.  :wheel:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikecon3
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

3.5L Ecoboost V6.  Here anyway.  My Ranger was built, at least assembled, in Thailand  I think the Ford plant closed here.

Blasphemy!!! A full size truck with a 3.6L V6! Just joking, that would definitely improve the gas mileage, I see that is the standard size in the US for them as well. I guess I'm just used to the 5L here, and gas here is only 90 cents a gallon, so no big deal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47

Leasing is attractive for certain people and businesses. Depending on cost and we don't know that yet. You really have to use the vehicle daily to get the benefits. I like it for PH as just give it back after 12 months, no drama with selling. I saw the benefits with my Nephew who worked at Toyota. Very affordable, New car every two years, Lease payment taken from salary, insurance cover, servicing,, Just put fuel in it and that's that. I used to think it was expensive but if you add up your annual addons for an owned vehicle including depreciation maybe not..? I guess at a business level you can write some cost off.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Kinto One is now available in all Toyota dealerships in Metro Manila.

Only in Manila right now.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HongKongPhooey
7 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Through the Toyota Certified Used Car (TCUV) program, customers are assured the used vehicles being purchased have gone through TMP’s rigorous inspection and certification procedure.

Vehicles purchased under the TCUV program come with additional limited warranty and are qualified for flexible financing with TFSP.

This is why I would be excited about leasing programs in the Philippines.  Not because I would ever lease a truck, but to have some assurances on buying a used one with actual preventive maintenance records. Otherwise, the only preventive maintenance done may have been wrapping a rosary around the rear view mirror, kissing it and performing the sign-of-the-cross before pulling out into traffic. 

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
14 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

... kissing it and performing the sign-of-the-cross before pulling out into traffic. 

WHILE pulling out into traffic.  Heaven forbid anyone might want to consider planning ahead.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
streak03

Maybe the banks are getting tired of repossessing all the vehicles that folks cant pay for

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
Posted (edited)

  

14 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Leasing is attractive for certain people and businesses. Depending on cost and we don't know that yet. You really have to use the vehicle daily to get the benefits. I like it for PH as just give it back after 12 months, no drama with selling. I saw the benefits with my Nephew who worked at Toyota. Very affordable, New car every two years, Lease payment taken from salary, insurance cover, servicing,, Just put fuel in it and that's that. I used to think it was expensive but if you add up your annual addons for an owned vehicle including depreciation maybe not..? I guess at a business level you can write some cost off.

Here you have a new car every 3-4 years as those are the only 2 options.  I looked at leasing in the US but the mileage limit was always cost prohibitive.  Here the lowest plan is 15K Kms/year and I won't go over that in the 3 years owning my Ranger and that's with buying it in Manila and driving it here.  I did look at a little more at the Toyota lease and you have to prove you live there in Manila.  If it expands to Cebu I might reconsider it.  And if it's popular, other manufacturers may follow.  

15 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

Blasphemy!!! A full size truck with a 3.6L V6! Just joking, that would definitely improve the gas mileage, I see that is the standard size in the US for them as well. I guess I'm just used to the 5L here, and gas here is only 90 cents a gallon, so no big deal!

Actually, the standard engine for the Lariat is a 2.7L V6 Ecoboost.  It's $1600 more for the 3.5L which has near the HP and a chunk more Torque than the 5L which is $1000 more than standard (but a bit better mileage for the V6).  There's also a 3L V6 Turbo Diesel which adds $4000 but has kind of a big loss in HP and Torque.  I wouldn't want a diesel in the US but here the savings of about p10/liter helps.

Standard engine for the Platinum is the 5L V8 and the 3.5L V6 is a $600 upgrade.

There is a 3L V6 Turbo Diesel option for both but plus $4000 for the Lariat and $3000 for the Platinum.  A bit better mileage but not enough to offset the high cost of diesel in the US.  Substantially lower HP and Torque too.  Don't know why anyone there would want it.  

Neither have an MT or 2 door option.  :sad_01::sad_01:

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
18 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

The price for the platinum seems lower than the US, but they probably make them or assemble them in the Philippines...and that price is probably before options.

It is a bit lower here but then they have various discounts and dealer incentives there that aren't available here.  I tried to do a comparable build on Ford.com and it came to $64K for the Platinum.  The dealer in Manila said they were built in the US.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..