BossHog

Homebound Responsible Types Only Please

BossHog

I realize some of us take this quarantine stuff seriously and some do not. The former are staying home and tending their families.

Been keeping busy here reading books. Watching the wife tend her orchids and growing turkeys. It could be considered dull but we're at peace and try our best not to leave the property.

Just want to open a space for those who are actually at home to speak. I'm with ya boys!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

SkyMan

I'm fairly homebound.  I don't know about responsible though.  Hehehe  It hasn't really been a big change for me because I don't go out that much anyway.  I go out for shopping is about it.  With inly one person being able to go out for food, my wife finally built up the courage to drive the new truck and now she likes it a little too much, hahaha.  She's gotten into cooking more and is really good but that's not good for my diet.  The other day she made what I would consider near perfect brownies and she really has chocolate chip cookies down.  Getting a lot of use from the crock pot too.  I've been helping the guys with the septic tank build and routine yard work.

• Like 2

Soupeod

We planted a bunch of different bushes and trees. The garden looks nice and peaceful and a pleasant place for an evening cocktail with my Asawa and kids. 
Pleasently cooler this time of year too.

New battery and encloser on my genset, all fully functional. Multiple small brownouts recently.

No shopping for myself and kids, we are at home. Asawa takes care of everthing with drivers and helpers. :)

4 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Getting a lot of use from the crock pot too.

You reminded me to use ours as well!

• Like 4

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

You reminded me to use ours as well!

They're great really.  She throws a bunch of chicken and peppers and onions etc in and then makes a stack of tortillas and some of her own salsa.  It's awesome but getting hard to find decent cheese.  Makes her own sour cream too.

She's doing a lot of gardening too.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 4

Soupeod
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

They're great really.  She throws a bunch of chicken and peppers and onions etc in and then makes a stack of tortillas and some of her own salsa.  It's awesome but getting hard to find decent cheese.  Makes her own sour cream too.

She's doing a lot of gardening too.

Wow our wives need to talk lol

Chicken Teriyaki tonight with fresh sweet corn, recent harvest. Better get your sweet corn now! Damn it is good.

B2C5B9ED-CCDB-4B94-A1B5-022C433FEDEE.png

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 4

Headshot

Because I'm 70 my wife barely lets me out of the house (once in the last four months), so I'm starting to look like George Washington in his white wig. We have used Grab Food a lot more than we did before the pandemic. I really wish that countries around the world would realize that it is possible to stop the virus without shutting down the world. Mandatory mask wear, mandatory social distancing, easy access to free tests and vigorous contact tracing can stop the virus without a single business or school shutting down (and without uninfected people being locked up in their homes). The world needs to stop following the path toward chaos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BossHog

I appreciate the feeling Bill. For me it's not so much the frustration of being in solitude; I worry about the family. Wife's tourist businesses are shut down. My youngest kid just graduated high school and was accepted to universities but can't travel. It's the ones in our families we need to look out for.

• Like 4

BossHog

As to haircuts, the wife shears me weekly for a 'high and tight". Even shaved off my lockdown beard. I'm like "it's a haircut not the French Revolution. Please settle down a bit" Miss my regular barber, haha.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Soupeod

Shite I look like you in Feb! Need a haircut and shave. :)

• Like 2

Headshot
45 minutes ago, BossHog said:

As to haircuts, the wife shears me weekly for a 'high and tight". Even shaved off my lockdown beard. I'm like "it's a haircut not the French Revolution. Please settle down a bit" Miss my regular barber, haha.

My wife refuses to give me a haircut (I asked her). I think she enjoys my long curly white hair (at least she laughs a lot when she looks at me). I wish I had made arrangements with a barber (before the lock-down shut everything down) to come to my home for haircuts during this mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BossHog

I think a barber, who has close contact with hundreds of people, is about the last person I'd be inviting into my home!

The missus does okay with the clippers plus when she messes up there's nobody around to see how goofy I look anyways haha. Have a sizeable baseball hat collection and haven't required stitches yet.

I got a roll of yellow crime scene tape and have cordoned off the front porch. Locals are all convinced I got the bug and are too scared to near the house anyways. Fine by me!

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

I was thinking about putting quarantine warning signs on the gate.  Might scare off deliveries though.  Hahahaha

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3

Salty Dog

There are no quarantines here to match those in the Philippines.

However I only go out to Walmart once a week where they load my groceries that I've ordered online into the back of my vehicle. I have a mask on and the guy who loads my car is wearing one as well. 

Anything I need from BJ's Wholesale Club is delivered to my home within an hour of when I place an online order. It would take me over an hour just to drive there and back. The delivery is dropped off just inside my garage. I don't come within 10 feet of them.

The only caveat with both stores is the order has to be at least $35. Not a problem when ordering once a week.

If I had to, I could go several months without having to buy any food. 

I do keep Amazon busy though. I'm on my 63rd order this year and some orders have multiple items in them. The next day delivery is very handy. Ordered a phone case for my wife's phone yesterday and it took about 14 hours to arrive from the time I ordered it.

I've notice that some members seem to have a need to spread their wings often. It seems they aren't too happy with being so restricted. I seem to find more than enough to keep me busy while staying home.

• Like 3

Dafey

We started building an out shed and a house on the farm in February. The farm is about a quarter mile from our house and the skilled builders, 2, labor, 1, and my BIL, couisin, and us are basically quarantined as we go from home to the farm and all the materials are delivered. We make sure everyone has enough rice and food that they don't need to go out except to work. (peeps love working for us)

Then in early April I had the emergency surgery and the wife locked me in the room. Just starting to get some exercise now. We go walking, (with masks), every day about 5 AM. No peeps out that early. Sometimes we walk to the farm where the BIL's family is living now and I can see all the mistakes they made while I was not able to supervise...well, not my house!

About once or twice a week we go to market but are super cautious and spend as little time and contact there. Swabbing ourselves down with alcohol after each stop...my hands are getting chapped! Other than that it's the internet, cable and the DVD collection!

My biggest concern is Mom who lives with us. She's 70, works for the barangay, (unpaid of course), and does not really take the precautions she should. I keep telling her the mask is not a magic shield. They have been having get together luncheons on the weekends and she's convinced that since her friends are nice people that they couldn't possibly give her covid.

I explained as nicely as I could that the virus doesn't differentiate between nice, evil, smart or dumb and if she brings it into our house she'll have to find another place to live.

SkyMan
44 minutes ago, Dafey said:

and if she brings it into our house she'll have to find another place to live.

Too late.

45 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Swabbing ourselves down with alcohol after each stop...my hands are getting chapped!

I stop by the entry on way out to get more sanitizer because of touching the shopping cart, products, pen to sign the recebo, etc.  I'm more worried about what I might take out of the store than in.

• Like 1