Kreole

Kitchen Blender

Kreole

I need a new kitchen blender and am hoping some of you have recommendations for brands that are sold in the Philippines or accessible online from Lazada or Shopee.  I have had good success with Kyowa blender model #4720, 4 years now and the motor still hums along with everything in great condition except.  unfortunately, one of the components just self-destructed and there are no replacement parts.  It would have been very easy to have replaced this component since it is the gear from the blade assembly to the motor.  This leaves me with a blender that is useless.

That said,  perhaps others here have had better luck.  The Kyowa 4720 has a 500hp motor which did a very acceptable job even under load, so it was not the motor that went out, just one little component.   I am hoping to get another blender, perhaps with greater hp motor (commercial?) so as to relieve the stress of overloading.  Due to the lockdown, I am not able to travel off of Siquijor island so must rely on online shopping.  Lazada has gotten not so very good press, so Shopee may be the best alternative.  Thanks ahead for any information. 

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Kreole said:

The Kyowa 4720 has a 500hp motor

Take it to Indy.

https://www.smhome.com.ph/product/5c240f00970f36028035a8f2

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/kyowa-kw-4720-15l-blender-white-i144375-s186986.html?spm=a2o4l.seller.list.19.3d347057ZUJPdi&mp=1

https://shopee.ph/Kyowa-KW-4720-Blender-w-Glass-Pitcher-1.5-Liters-Durable-St-i.15691114.1987793716

500W I think.  Hahahaha  500hp could blend granite.

With the new one you get another 4 years maybe and have 2 jugs to use and some spare parts.  I'm starting to like Kyowa myself.  I bought a Westinghouse coffee maker about 8 or 9 years ago and it lasted 4 years or so, so I went to buy another and found the identical coffee maker but it was Kyowa.  And that one has lasted since.  It's actually slightly better because the water level indicator is on both sides of the reservoir.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

lamoe

Bought an Oster - 4172 - from I believe Metro Ayala before fire - only 375 W but direct metal drive to blade

Square metal drive shaft fits into hex receptacle in pitcher

image.png.06c3315367dc22115b3dafd175e6a835.png

Shopee for spare parts -

image.thumb.png.70cc3616aff848561c2ff3a4f68353c5.png

Kreole
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Take it to Indy.

https://www.smhome.com.ph/product/5c240f00970f36028035a8f2

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/kyowa-kw-4720-15l-blender-white-i144375-s186986.html?spm=a2o4l.seller.list.19.3d347057ZUJPdi&mp=1

https://shopee.ph/Kyowa-KW-4720-Blender-w-Glass-Pitcher-1.5-Liters-Durable-St-i.15691114.1987793716

500W I think.  Hahahaha  500hp could blend granite.

With the new one you get another 4 years maybe and have 2 jugs to use and some spare parts.  I'm starting to like Kyowa myself.  I bought a Westinghouse coffee maker about 8 or 9 years ago and it lasted 4 years or so, so I went to buy another and found the identical coffee maker but it was Kyowa.  And that one has lasted since.  It's actually slightly better because the water level indicator is on both sides of the reservoir.

Skyman, thanks so much for taking the time to send me this information.  I will contact SM to see availability and shipping cost to Siquijor.  Although I am ok with Kyowa, I know that the small coupler will fail in time, and that bothers me, since I will eventually end up with 2 broken Kyowa blenders.  The convenience of having an extra jar if one breaks is a plus, however.

Iamoe, thanks for the information.  I would have sworn by the Oster blender since I had one for many years in the US; simple, easy to use and availability of replacement parts is a big plus.  At 2,999 P it is a bit expensive, but may be worth the price if it lasts a long time. That said, the smaller watts may be an issue under load. 

easy44
On 6/28/2020 at 2:59 PM, Kreole said:

Skyman, thanks so much for taking the time to send me this information.  I will contact SM to see availability and shipping cost to Siquijor.  Although I am ok with Kyowa, I know that the small coupler will fail in time, and that bothers me, since I will eventually end up with 2 broken Kyowa blenders.  The convenience of having an extra jar if one breaks is a plus, however.

Iamoe, thanks for the information.  I would have sworn by the Oster blender since I had one for many years in the US; simple, easy to use and availability of replacement parts is a big plus.  At 2,999 P it is a bit expensive, but may be worth the price if it lasts a long time. That said, the smaller watts may be an issue under load. 

I have had a couple of Osterizers and they never missed a beat for me. Even ice was no problem.  I let them sit too long in a closet and rats ate up the wiring. Very good quality.

BossHog

There's a commercial type blender on Lazada. Black and red. Something like 1000 watts. We've bought at least eight of them for different restos. They're powerhorses and run about 1800 pesos. We've used them to make like fifty mango shakes a day and they keep ticking.. The pitcher is plastic and not glass though.

No name Chinese gear but good equipment.

Should be easy to find, it's their best selling blender and for a reason.

• Like 2