Recommendation for mechanic in Bogo area?

djdba

My deisel Hyundai Starex making awful noise  - possibly timing chanin or pulley bearings.    My mechanic is Cebu city so cannot get him to Bogo  with this madness.. anybody knopw a good mechanic up north please?

to_dave007

There is auto mechanic just west of Bogo towards San Remegio, in the same building as Rock N Pizza.  Close to the new bus station. I have diesel Crosswind, and have used him a few times, but not for anything big.  Ask for the head mechanic, a guy in his late 30's I would say.  Speaks passable english.  He seems to know his stuff. Price wise I think they've been fair with me.   Your big issue I think will be in getting parts, as they may need to come from Cebu City.  

There is mechanic just south of Bogo as well..  located on National Highway 1.3 km south of the Jollibee corner on east side.  I wouldn't use him.  He never did any work for me, but he made me a promise some 8 or 9 months back to have some parts in stock if I would drive back there.  (an hour+ drive).  When I went back..  exactly on schedule..  no parts..  they didn't even try to get them.  I didn't try again.

djdba

Hi To_Dave 

thx  - I wonder if they can get parts shipped.. as u correctly point out need to come from Cebu,    anyway thanks for reply - will try and  see how it goes.

Many thx

Dave  (also :P )

smokey

I bought parts from amazon see if they are still able to deliver 

to_dave007
2 hours ago, djdba said:

thx  - I wonder if they can get parts shipped.. as u correctly point out need to come from Cebu,    anyway thanks for reply - will try and  see how it goes.

The issue with having the parts shipped..  wherever via Amazon or however.. is that they need to know exact part number..  or dimension.. which often they can't know until they get vehicle on hoist or start the work..  and then there may be a few day wait until parts are in..  How long can you leave the vehicle there for?   

smokey

Well i left mine at roadstar 3 weeks they told me what was needed i ordered   water pump  fuses  headlight stuff air filter etc for the most part i put year model and came back with list