MLB 2020

BossHog

Pirates @Twins right now and somehow still snowing. 

There's talk of a new change for next season. Automated strike zone. So a computer will be calling balls and strikes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• Edwin

• rfm010

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching my Pirates play the second half of a twin-bill against the Mets at Citi Field (nice park!)  Not sure about these seven inning double headers. I mean, if the home team is ahead what are y

Prayers have been answered! Opening day of a sixty game season on July 24. Should be enough time to beanball the Astros a few times. Lol.   Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Txting.  And if the manager uses the 'dirt on your shoes' emoji, he's outta there.

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey
4 hours ago, BossHog said:

So a computer will be calling balls and strikes.

WTF? Who are we gonna bitch at?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
GwapoGuy
On 4/2/2021 at 4:39 AM, BossHog said:

The video is pretty good and the 'confetti' comment priceless..

Yes a watershed moment for Cabrera but now only batting around .100 while making upwards of 30M this year. :scratch_head:

samatm

After the MLB pulled its  Atlanta stunt... Im done with em for 2021.   I frankly could careless or not even one whit.   disgusted with MLB organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
BossHog

Can I have the last four hours of my life back please?

Even had our Dominican center fielder come in to pitch relief in the 8th. Check the box score; it did not go well. Tough day.

drubbing.JPG.6ce0394516a39c4ed6263c01ae7cfceb.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Edwin
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

Even had our Dominican center fielder come in to pitch relief in the 8th. Check the box score; it did not go well. Tough day.

That Anderson is a hell of a pitcher. 

• Like 1
rfm010
10 hours ago, BossHog said:

you won the 9th inning so it was worth your time.

meanwhile, i discovered on my phone an old radio app i had forgotten about -- radiogarden.  nice because it carries a station that carries tiger baseball.  listened to it this morning for the first time, mr. cabrera with 2 homers, the second a grand slam that put the tigers over the top of kc.  thought the announcer was getting a bit snarky after mentioning for the third time that in today's game cabrera had doubled his season home run total.  

BossHog
8 hours ago, rfm010 said:

meanwhile, i discovered on my phone an old radio app i had forgotten about -- radiogarden.  nice because it carries a station that carries tiger baseball. 

I suck it up and pay the 129 bucks annually for MLB.TV. It's pretty good value considering the number of games played. They cut the price as the season goes on and always have a big sale around Father's Day which is coming up soon.

The NFL Game Pass at 200 bucks annually is comparatively expensive for a lot fewer games. But I suck it up and pay for that too. One of the costs of living overseas.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
BossHog
Posted (edited)

Watching my Pirates play the second half of a twin-bill against the Mets at Citi Field (nice park!) 

Not sure about these seven inning double headers. I mean, if the home team is ahead what are you gonna do? Have the seventh inning stretch right after the game ends?

BTW, the All-star game is on Wednesday the 14th 7:30 AM Philippine time. It's at Coors Field in Denver which everyone knows was designed as a hitter's park. The Home Run Derby on Tuesday 8 AM Phils time should be a classic. Ohtani cracked his 33rd today and has got to be the odds-on favorite.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
BossHog

Just wow! Down six runs at home against the Mets in the eighth and the Buccos walked it off with a grand slam.

walkoff.thumb.PNG.9b58d525bc33fe38178c56b736dae2c9.PNG

• Like 3
BossHog

Ouch. Watching the Buccos at San Francisco. In the late innings it seems we traded our best player to the Padres. Second baseman Adam Frazier was a 2021 All-star and is leading all the majors with 125 hits. We get three unknown prospects in return. Sigh.

rfm010
18 hours ago, BossHog said:

Ouch. Watching the Buccos at San Francisco. In the late innings it seems we traded our best player to the Padres. Second baseman Adam Frazier was a 2021 All-star and is leading all the majors with 125 hits. We get three unknown prospects in return. Sigh.

Damn.  You pick baseball teams the same way you pick stocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
BossHog
1 hour ago, rfm010 said:

You pick baseball teams

Everyone knows you don't pick a baseball team; you're born with one in your DNA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Headshot

When is the 2020 MLB season scheduled to end?

• Like 1
BossHog
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Headshot said:

When is the 2020 MLB season scheduled to end?

Still waiting for the 2020 Olympics to finish up.

Edited by BossHog
  • Haha 3