MLB 2020

BossHog

Prayers have been answered!

Opening day of a sixty game season on July 24.

Should be enough time to beanball the Astros a few times. Lol.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• Dafey

• Edwin

• rfm010

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prayers have been answered! Opening day of a sixty game season on July 24. Should be enough time to beanball the Astros a few times. Lol.   Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

A hard slide into second is the antithesis of social distancing. Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Maybe T-ball after 13 innings?

Posted Images

battleborn

I am a big fan of MLB but I think they should just cancel the season and restart in 2021.  Any seasonal titles will mean nothing with a 60 game season.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
7 hours ago, BossHog said:

sixty game season

Dang, even the Buccos stand a chance!

• Like 1
Headshot

MLB? BFD

• Administrator
Dafey
29 minutes ago, Headshot said:

MLB? BFD

FU

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Headshot
10 minutes ago, Dafey said:

FU

I got the rise I was looking for...

• Haha 1
Edwin
10 hours ago, battleborn said:

I am a big fan of MLB but I think they should just cancel the season and restart in 2021.  Any seasonal titles will mean nothing with a 60 game season.

The title will mean something if my team wins. But I don't think they'll get through sixty games due to players getting infected. If a player goes down he could be out for the season. 

• Like 1
BossHog

A hard slide into second is the antithesis of social distancing.

• Haha 3
to_dave007
1 hour ago, BossHog said:

A hard slide into second is the antithesis of social distancing.

Will a runner at first need to wear a face mask?

• Haha 1
rfm010

So how will managers and umpires discuss their differences?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ46D_LuLAOunygFF8Jmfx

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, rfm010 said:

So how will managers and umpires discuss their differences?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ46D_LuLAOunygFF8Jmfx

Txting.  And if the manager uses the 'dirt on your shoes' emoji, he's outta there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Dafey

MLB ’20 schedule: Yanks-Nats, Giants-Dodgers open on July 23

image.png.9ee231735a034c1a51f05554a10ed59b.png

NEW YORK: Mookie Betts, Gerrit Cole and a pair of high-profile matchups are svet for opening day as Major League Baseball begins its shortened 60-game season on July 23 in ballparks without fans amid the coronavirus pandemic.

MLB released the schedule Monday (Tuesday in Manila), and it starts with two games. Cole and the New York Yankees visit the World Series champion Washington Nationals at 7:08 p.m. EDT, then Betts and his new Los Angeles Dodgers teammates host the San Francisco Giants at 10:08 p.m.

There are 14 games on July 24, including the first matchup at new Globe Life Field in Texas when the Rangers take on Colorado. The same day, Anthony Rendon and the Los Angeles Angels visit Oakland and the Cincinnati Reds host Detroit.

“Seeing the schedule makes it a little more real,” Reds manager David Bell said. “We can all start to plan a little better, have an idea what our life is going to be like and where we’re going to be the next several months.

“It will make it more realistic: Hey, this is about to happen in just over two weeks now.”

The season ends on September 27, with all 30 teams starting their games at 3 p.m. EDT to possibly make for a final-day playoff scramble. Most games this season, however, are at night.

Teams will play 40 games against their division opponents. The other 20 will be interleague games, including six against a natural opponent, taking on clubs in their corresponding geographic region — East vs. East, for example.

Games planned for London, Mexico City and Puerto Rico already have been canceled.

Among the schedule highlights:

— The St. Louis Cardinals take on the Chicago White Sox next to the “Field of Dreams” cornfield outside Dyersville, Iowa, on August 13.

— Jackie Robinson Day, usually celebrated on April 15, will be held August 28 — that’s the date the Rev. Martin Luther King led the March on Washington in 1963, and also the date Brooklyn Dodgers owner Branch Rickey talked to Robinson in 1945 about a future in the majors.

— Roberto Clemente Day will be held September 9.

— The 100th anniversary of the Negro Leagues will be celebrated on August 16.

— Oakland pitcher Mike Fiers will get his first look at his former Houston teammates on August 7 at the empty Coliseum. Fiers blew the whistle on the Astros’ sign-stealing scam, which dominated baseball talk throughout the winter before the virus shut down the sport.

• Like 1
BossHog

MLB.tv subscriptions are up now. 59.99 compared to the usual 120 bucks or so. Seems about right as there are 60 games instead of 162. So you're paying a buck a game if you only watch your home team play. Well, there's the play-offs and the Series too. And obviously no black out restrictions in d'Phils

Fun fact: In a normal year there are 4,320 regular season games played!

Buccos and Cards.July 25th 8:15 am local time!

BossHog

I'm pissed off though as they snuck in a few rule changes they've been trying to for years.

Most horrible: DH in the NL and extra innings start with a runner on 2nd.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
6 minutes ago, BossHog said:

extra innings start with a runner on 2nd.

WTF...:rolleyes:

• Like 1