lamoe

Top 10 BIZARRE Things That Are Actually 100% LEGAL

lamoe

MickyG

the section covering employers in  the US insuring employees against loss to the business is not a US centric issue. Globally it is referred to as ''key man'' cover, now key person  for obvious reasons. Most employees have a death in service benefit that does go to their families The key person will have additional cover that goes to the business, to cover costs of parachuting key people in or to take the time to organically grow a replacement. Nothing sinister , odd or surprising about this at all, except of course the lack of very basic research

• Thanks 1

SkyMan

And the cops here get pissed if I drive without a shirt on.

lamoe
2 hours ago, MickyG said:

the section covering employers in  the US insuring employees against loss to the business is not a US centric issue. Globally it is referred to as ''key man'' cover, now key person  for obvious reasons. Most employees have a death in service benefit that does go to their families The key person will have additional cover that goes to the business, to cover costs of parachuting key people in or to take the time to organically grow a replacement. Nothing sinister , odd or surprising about this at all, except of course the lack of very basic research

Heller Machine Tools GMBH took out  term insurance polices for key people critical to meeting "deliver by"  clause projects.

KID

Hmmm, The Ex just might be getting some organic fertilizer for her garden as a Bday gift:D

wondersailor

I once worked at a hospital in the US where every employee's life was insured. Didn't think about it then but a bit disconcerting thinking about it today. I am not sure that hospital does so today but would not supprise me knowing the place.

MickyG

very few firms in the west do not have some form of employee life cover usually referred to as Death in service benefit,  their famiiys' are the beneficiaries  I am not surprised that the USa may have a heavily loaded cover as being highly litigous they may need funding to defend them selves from claims.

lamoe
4 hours ago, MickyG said:

very few firms in the west do not have some form of employee life cover usually referred to as Death in service benefit,  their famiiys' are the beneficiaries  I am not surprised that the USa may have a heavily loaded cover as being highly litigous they may need funding to defend them selves from claims.

Way back when - never worked for a company - except my own - that didn't provide basic life insurance (1 year salary typical) and offer additional levels at lower rates than private in addition to the Death in Service.