PLDT Fibr installation

MickyG

I am not using a router as none of the PLDT modem allow connection to a router

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MickyG

• cookie47

• Raven

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for your replies.  I'm trying to order this from their website so it is a little sparse on information on what is included besides the connection.  The fact they offer routers for you to buy ma

This is what I use because I have multiple desk tops and only one port out of my PLDT Fiber Wifi unit, I've seen these sold in many places, there's also a much faster unit but I forgot the brand but 

I'd be happy to get 2.5 mbs! Wish I still had fiber optic

Posted Images

fivestarph

have you considered this option which I did. Seems to work.

repeater.jpg

MickyG

no as the MODEM ports are blocked so no connection to routers or smart tv etc

Raven your note on how pldt will continue to try to sabotage users wanting a LAN connection by not helping after a waiver has been signed.  Has motivated me to view some of the online tutorials which  if I stuff it up i can still call pldt as I have not signed a waiver:))

Some of these on line tutorial assume a basic knowledge that is beyond me and at a speed that has bypassed me

I need to set up the admin....this will take time as it looks like repetitive detail

Then the easy part is to open the portals

• Sad 1
Raven

It only happened once...the admin password was reset, so I don't know if it's common practice when the update the router software.

Otherwise its working fine

M.C.A.

Micky when I upgraded from DSL to Fiber (PLDT) we only had one port also for connection and so I used a Lan unit I brought from the US but it overheated and stopped working after 3 minutes and it turned out I needed a new unit so I purchased at the mall a TP Link it's called it has 8 additional lines and it only cost me 600 pesos.  There's was another unit for sale that had a higher speed transfer rate but it was double the price and now I wished I purchased that one.

Only thing I can think of is my old Lan unit was 11 years old and works only with DSL.

Edited by M.C.A.
another thought
enoonmai
55 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Only thing I can think of is my old Lan unit was 11 years old and works only with DSL.

Some of their models are 100-120V only. 

• Like 1
Rocketman

I had PLDT in a condo in Lahug for years @ 5M down.  It was great.  I made the stupid decision to "upgrade" to Fiber 25M for P200/mont more.  It's never been the same.  Some speed tests show up to 50M down, but the actual service was better with the old contract.  Lately it's really gone to shit.  A tech is supposed to come in "3-6 days"..... we'll see.

Jim_in_Jax
On 6/20/2020 at 4:25 PM, Jim_in_Jax said:

I'm going to order PLDT's unlimited fibr internet service.  I just wanted to know if anyone here has done this recently and if there is anything you need to buy from them besides setting up the installation?  Do you have to pay for a router from them or do they provide one like we got from Sky Cable?

Just an update on this.  I ordered the PLDT internet back in June.  I received multiple emails from them over the next couple of days asking for more things.  They said I was good and ready for installation and I'd be seeing someone within 5 days.  To this day I haven't seen anyone and do not get replies from the email addresses that I replied to back in June.  When I try to apply again it says I have an application pending so, maybe I can get this sometime in 2021.

Welcome to the new normal.

• Like 1
MickyG
20 hours ago, M.C.A. said:

Micky when I upgraded from DSL to Fiber (PLDT) we only had one port also for connection… 

I also had one  port as well, they then blocked it without even an advice as to why or what. I asked my boss to tell me what she thought of the u tube solutions . She looked at me as only she can  ''you never understand a word of it, so leave it alone''  I now need to find a stone to crawl under

Raven
1 hour ago, MickyG said:

I also had one  port as well, they then blocked it without even an advice as to why or what. I asked my boss to tell me what she thought of the u tube solutions . She looked at me as only she can  ''you never understand a word of it, so leave it alone''  I now need to find a stone to crawl under

You can always connect a 4 or 8 LAN Port Switch to the Router when you have at least 1 open Port... and since 1 port was open when it was installed...call PLDT to come fix it.. don't tell them whats wrong...just NO Internet... they will send 3-5 person for free to try to fix it... at least they have some meaning full work that day... :cool:

Edited by Raven
  • Like 2
MickyG

yes very true we just need one port on the modem. Was looking at an ethernet switch  1000mbs, with 4 ports is this the same/similar to a router

• Like 1
Raven
1 hour ago, MickyG said:

yes very true we just need one port on the modem. Was looking at an ethernet switch  1000mbs, with 4 ports is this the same/similar to a router

A 4-port Ethernet switch gives you 3 available ports instead of only 1 on your Fibr Router. 

No. 4 is connected to the Router, so be sure its enough... you can also get 5-port or 8-port if you need more connections...

The port in your Router is Gigabit (1000mbs) also.

• Like 2
M.C.A.

This is what I use because I have multiple desk tops and only one port out of my PLDT Fiber Wifi unit, I've seen these sold in many places, there's also a much faster unit but I forgot the brand but  if  you need a faster transfer speed they sell those for double the cost, this unit cost me 600 peso's in the mall but it's sold online for 420 pesos.

Tp Link Switch box photo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Raven
9 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

This is what I use because I have multiple desk tops and only one port out of my PLDT Fiber Wifi unit, I've seen these sold in many places, there's also a much faster unit but I forgot the brand but  if  you need a faster transfer speed they sell those for double the cost, this unit cost me 600 peso's in the mall but it's sold online for 420 pesos.

Tp Link Switch box photo.jpg

I use the same... the cheapest I could find :thumbsup:... using it for splitting LAN to Guest Rooms streaming boxes and to WiFi Access Point...working fine

• Like 1
MickyG

yes I now need just one working port on the pldt modem.......ho hummmm