PLDT Fibr installation

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Unless it's a very old router, the speed of the router shouldn't be the limiting factor.

All current routers are a minimum of 1,000 Mbps. A very old router might be only 100 Mbps.

My router is over 5 years old and it is 1,000 Mbps.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MickyG

• cookie47

• Raven

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for your replies.  I'm trying to order this from their website so it is a little sparse on information on what is included besides the connection.  The fact they offer routers for you to buy ma

This is what I use because I have multiple desk tops and only one port out of my PLDT Fiber Wifi unit, I've seen these sold in many places, there's also a much faster unit but I forgot the brand but 

I'd be happy to get 2.5 mbs! Wish I still had fiber optic

Posted Images

MickyG

Gripe I have is that the LAN service is in effect no more. Does anyone have an imported Modem that opens up the LAN when connected to PLDT fibre?

smokey
11 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Unless it's a very old router, the speed of the router shouldn't be the limiting factor.

All current routers are a minimum of 1,000 Mbps. A very old router might be only 100 Mbps.

My router is over 5 years old and it is 1,000 Mbps.

Well we had an origonal 2013 unit and on its best days kicked out 35mb of the 120mb promsed now new router and its 120mb olus

Screenshot_20200621-095411_Photos.jpg

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
MickyG

We just upgraded from 1699 to 3070 peso per month for the up to 100mbs with 3 pucks to provide a ''mesh'' for the WIFI........it is truly awful. based in south metro NCR area. The PLDT  ever so clever people blocked our modem from being LAN ready to being 100% wifi which has decimated the boss as her on line tutoring requires a LAN connection as WIFI is not acceptable, even under this far better and vastly improved PLDT on line package new package.

The ''WIFI'' pucks have two connection ports on each designed to take a special PLDT LAN cable no more than 1 meter long to be connected into the modem LAN port. The only cable the MODEM will accept, If they produced such cables as long as 10 m we might be able to be better off with an improved signal as I could set the 3 pucks up to be ''in line of sight''

Anyone have any ideas as to how to manage a mesh from a PLDT WIFI 3 puck system that rhymes with ''cluster muck puck ''

Thanks for any thoughts

Irenicus
41 minutes ago, MickyG said:

We just upgraded from 1699 to 3070 peso per month for the up to 100mbs with 3 pucks to provide a ''mesh'' for the WIFI........it is truly awful. based in south metro NCR area. The PLDT  ever so clever people blocked our modem from being LAN ready to being 100% wifi which has decimated the boss as her on line tutoring requires a LAN connection as WIFI is not acceptable, even under this far better and vastly improved PLDT on line package new package.

A few things and don't know if they are applicable.

Our PLDT fiber on Negros Oriental has been really bad for almost a week. OK within the Philz but upload speed of 1-3 MBs when connecting to the real world.  (we have the 2899 100 mbs plan).

I also could not hook up our Nighthawk router to the PLDT modem - a technician had to come over and configure their modem to do that by calling Manila.  And only ONE of the ethernet ports on the PLDT modem works - the others are disabled when you have it hooked up to another router.  

Dunno if that helps.

Anyone else having upload speeds with PLDT fiber this past week?

• Like 1
MickyG

''And only ONE of the ethernet ports on the PLDT modem works - the others are disabled''

All of our modem ports are disabled so we could not connect to a router if we wanted. we are enforced 100%   WIFI and it succs big time. I cannot even connect to the smart tv with the LAN cable anymore , distance from the Modem less than 1 meter.

• Like 1
lamoe

Probably won't help - my model # with additional LAN cable hooked to another router

Irenicus gave good advice - can't hurt

Pay for 15 - get "30"

image.png.df4087c767589f14ed51985e2a856e77.png

20200825_061723[1].jpg

20200825_061644[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
Raven

My PLDT Fibr Router is a "Device Model AN5506-04-F" and has 4 LAN where 1 was enabled when it was installed. I then got Administrator access to the Router and are now able to enable all 4 LAN Ports. 

I could not live with just Wireless...

Port 1:  4 LAN Ports Switch for CCTV
Port 2:  8 LAN Ports Switch for Guest Rooms (streaming Boxes + WiFi Router)
Port 3:  Pisowifi
Port 4:  NUC

988931282_LANPORT.thumb.jpg.6efb0ba2ae3babfb37fd1f90056fa5a5.jpg

• Like 1
MickyG

raven

when our router was installed it did have one port working and 3  blocked, now all 4 are blocked

what did you do to get administrator access did you do this by yourself and if so how is it done?

I hear that PLDT want to charge extra for enabling each modem port

thanks

smokey

Mine seems fine

20200821_201322.jpg

Raven
8 minutes ago, MickyG said:

raven

when our router was installed it did have one port working and 3  blocked, now all 4 are blocked

what did you do to get administrator access did you do this by yourself and if so how is it done?

I hear that PLDT want to charge extra for enabling each modem port

thanks

1 LAN Port open when mine was installed...

I signed a waiver (found it on ther website) telling that "I know what I'm doing" and its my own responsibility if any damage to Router...

https://pldthome.com/docs/default-source/supportdownload/forms_acceptance-of-liability-waiver.pdf

And since we are talking about PLDT, you have to deliver it in person to their office (at least here in Mindanao) - I don't think anyone told them about Email!!!

NO additional payment

• Like 1
MickyG

Raven this is a very big help many thanks

nce you gad submitted the waiver did you then log into their site as a member. I ask this as i would like to know how you got into the ''network'' page which shows how to enable the lAN port as the main page for PLDT does not have this menu showing ''network;

As you all can tell I am a total internet dunce

so very grateful for your input

Cheers

Raven
17 minutes ago, MickyG said:

Raven this is a very big help many thanks

nce you gad submitted the waiver did you then log into their site as a member. I ask this as i would like to know how you got into the ''network'' page which shows how to enable the lAN port as the main page for PLDT does not have this menu showing ''network;

As you all can tell I am a total internet dunce

so very grateful for your input

Cheers

If I remember right, they opened access to change admin password, in the normal user login...

1739335006_userlogin.thumb.jpg.fdbe2a41a9d756c833500d9b67a73ceb.jpg

https://192.168.1.1/login.html

The Admin login page shows the same address.... https://192.168.1.1/login.html
but you access it with https://192.168.1.1/fh

1229328916_admlogin.thumb.jpg.74986ce4cf30d218d19d166cacc76dcc.jpg

Since you have signed the waiver telling "I know what I'm doing", DON'T expect PLDT to help you...

After a Router update, my admin password was gone...and I had to do a lot of research on Internet to find my way back in...

Yes, I tried to ask PLDT for the password again, since they changed it.... seems they did not understand the question!!! 

• Haha 1
cookie47

We have the same modem as in iamo, s pictures and PLDT Fiber. 

As we had a smart TV  and ordered a PLDT / Cignal package so two Lan ports were open from day one. However I discovered that a third port was open when I plugged my laptop in to port 3 and it worked. Curiosity got the better of me and I did exactly what @raven has advised and got into the admin page and it appeared that port 4 was closed. I didn't actually change anything (I didn't want to c..ck. Anything up and loos GMA for the Mrs... I know this is just a story and no real technical help but...I found  There are a number of  YouTube references how to do this and open more ports. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Routers seem to be coming with less ethernet ports these days. They are relying more on the high speed WiFi capability of the routers.

My Xfinity modem/router here in Florida is 5 years old and has 4 ports. While the newer routers have only 2 ports.