PLDT Fibr installation

Jim_in_Jax

I'm going to order PLDT's unlimited fibr internet service.  I just wanted to know if anyone here has done this recently and if there is anything you need to buy from them besides setting up the installation?  Do you have to pay for a router from them or do they provide one like we got from Sky Cable?

• Like 1
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MickyG

• cookie47

• Raven

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for your replies.  I'm trying to order this from their website so it is a little sparse on information on what is included besides the connection.  The fact they offer routers for you to buy ma

This is what I use because I have multiple desk tops and only one port out of my PLDT Fiber Wifi unit, I've seen these sold in many places, there's also a much faster unit but I forgot the brand but 

I'd be happy to get 2.5 mbs! Wish I still had fiber optic

Posted Images

cookie47

Yes,,, we have had PLDT Fibr for over 12 months and very happy... (Consolacion Cebu). 

One outage in 12 months for two days, Big tree fell down and took out line. 

This is our plan... 

FIBR UNLIMITED PLAN 1599. 25 Mbps Fibr. FREE landline+ Unlimited NDD FREE Installation and Modem Activation Fees (P3,600)

Not sure if the costing above is current though.. 

We also have a Cignal package as an add on which brings "our" total monthly cost to P2300... 

• Like 1
Jim_in_Jax
5 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yes,,, we have had PLDT Fibr for over 12 months and very happy... (Consolacion Cebu). 

One outage in 12 months for two days, Big tree fell down and took out line. 

This is our plan... 

FIBR UNLIMITED PLAN 1599. 25 Mbps Fibr. FREE landline+ Unlimited NDD FREE Installation and Modem Activation Fees (P3,600)

Not sure if the costing above is current though.. 

We also have a Cignal package as an add on which brings "our" total monthly cost to P2300... 

They have a free installation package right now.  I wonder if it includes the router or if I need to buy one of their add on routers they have listed with "accessories".

cookie47
They have a free installation package right now.  I wonder if it includes the router or if I need to buy one of their add on routers they have listed with "accessories".
Well good question, but in our case NO.

The package for us included installation, and modem/router and I am pretty sure I can remember the cost as p3600. Even the Cignal control box that came separately and installed separately by a Cignal contractor came in the same package with no extra cost....

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

cookie47

The package.

I think the installation and Modem is "free" because we signed up OR you HAVE to sign up for 12 months OR a two year contract.

Just bare me in that fact as my wife took charge of the negotiations, All I told her was I wanted fast internet....

• Like 1
smokey

Not all routers equal the first one they provided was.slow i complained often they upgraded speed went up i added a nexflix unit forget what its calked 250 peso month extra 

• Like 1
Jim_in_Jax

Thanks for your replies.  I'm trying to order this from their website so it is a little sparse on information on what is included besides the connection.  The fact they offer routers for you to buy made me wonder if they removed the router from the installation cost so they can claim it's "free".  Like oh yes it's free but you have to buy this router which normally would be included as an installation fee because it happens that their base router is the price you paid for installation fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

We had them in 2016 and we needed to buy a router. One option was a PLDT router rather than a 3rd party one. The benefit with their router is if/when it had issues the repair was free. While we loved the service the router was replaced several times so saved us in the long run.

cookie47

This is our router supplied. Over Christmas they bumped our plan up to 50mbps for a month FREE.... , BTW, I'm using a SONY Smart TV,
@25mbs doesn't miss a beat.

ee61583e1575dfb5ae3304aa208c9903.jpg

• Like 1
cookie47
This is our router supplied. Over Christmas they bumped our plan up to 50mbps for a month FREE.... , BTW, I'm using a SONY Smart TV,
@25mbs doesn't miss a beat. spacer.png

The only "niggle" I have is that being optic Fibr the landline component is VOIP, so if the line /or power goes down you loose the lot.
Not a biggie, as everyone has a Mobile nowadays, but it's just worth noting,,,,

• Administrator
Dafey
42 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

@25mbs doesn't miss a beat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
cookie47
HAD,,,

Why the change, not happy with PLDT, or not available in your area

• Like 1
PeteHK

We got the PLDT Fibr service a couple of years ago when it was first offered in Banawa. Went for the 120 mbps option and also a bit later had the Google wifi repeater station package installed to make sure we got good reception upstairs. We also requested a router upgrade as the original old one was useless. Very reliable system and it has transformed our internet service and use. Three, four years ago we were struggling to get 3-4 mbps! Now it's routinely 120-150 up and down, sometimes faster and this is Speedtest to a server in Hong Kong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Why the change, not happy with PLDT

We moved to Western Leyte. PLDT is an option in Ormoc, an hour away but the best we can do is Globe with an antennae. I load 199 pesos every 7 days for 1 or 2 mbs. Sometimes there is nothing. Since the lockdown it's been exceptionally bad...everybody is crowding the sevice.

• Like 1
cookie47
We moved to Western Leyte. PLDT is an option in Ormoc, an hour away but the best we can do is Globe with an antennae. I load 199 pesos every 7 days for 1 or 2 mbs. Sometimes there is nothing. Since the lockdown it's been exceptionally bad...everybody is crowding the sevice.
Wow, I'm in paradise (well internet speaking)

• Haha 1