cookie47

I had an email from Lazada this morning asking me to read and accept their privacy policy.. Mmm

I don't normally read this stuff accurately and just press the OK button. But having time in my hands I thought why not. 

90% is in legal speak but I came eventually something of interest which is pasted below.       Note section 10.2 "c". 

I was wondering if they also wanted to move into my spare bedroom. 

They also stated that if I didn't agree to the said policy I could happily disagree, BUT pointed out that there service could be withdrawn. I see,,,, Catch22. 

I know full well what they are asking is common in this day and age BUT.... 

10. Collection of Computer Data

10.1. We or our authorised service providers may use cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies for storing data to help provide you with a better, faster, safer and personalised experience when you use the Services or access the Platform.

10.2. When you visit the Platform through your computer, mobile device, or any other device with internet connectivity, our company servers will automatically record data that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:

(a) Your computer or device's IP address;

(b) Browser type;

(c) Webpage you were visiting before you came to the Platform;... What like Por* Hub.. 

(d) The pages within the Platform which you visit; and

(e) The time spent on those pages, items and data searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, and other statistics.

10.3. This data is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide.

• Like 1
Sealover

Use VPN, I don't like they track everything about me, special when my friends borrow my computer and look p*orn lol

Edited by Sealover
  • Like 1
Soupeod

Are you sure that email was from Lazada?  Might have been a phishing attempt.

• Like 1
cookie47
Are you sure that email was from Lazada?  Might have been a phishing attempt.
Good point,,, I looked at it extensively. It's from Lazada PH,,, and has all the visual Markings and graphics., colors,

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Soupeod
5 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Good point,,, I looked at it extensively. It's from Lazada PH,,, and has all the visual Markings and graphics., colors,

Hover over the link, it may say Lazada.com on the outside, but on the inside when you hover over it could be [email protected]

• Like 1
cookie47
Hover over the link, it may say Lazada.com on the outside, but on the inside when you hover over it could be [email protected]
Yeh, actually my references to [email protected] was in fact a tung in cheek quip pointing out that Lazada was wanting (via its privacy rules) to access my previously viewed website prior to entering Lazada,s.
Which I thought was rather presumptuous of them. I did hover over the url and Lazada did come up. Thanks for your interest...

Soupeod
40 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yeh, actually my references to [email protected] was in fact a tung in cheek quip pointing out that Lazada was wanting (via its privacy rules) to access my previously viewed website prior to entering Lazada,s.
Which I thought was rather presumptuous of them. I did hover over the url and Lazada did come up. Thanks for your interest...

Mate, just got the same email in my mailbox as well. :)

yeah, they are pushing it Imho.

• Like 2
Thalcoozyo

Wouldn't clearing one's cookies and browser history on a daily basis, or twice daily basis, resolve this?  CCleaner is my friend... for this very reason.  Or am I mistaken?

• Like 1
cookie47
Wouldn't clearing one's cookies and browser history on a daily basis, or twice daily basis, resolve this?  CCleaner is my friend... for this very reason.  Or am I mistaken?
Yeh, your correct (I like CCleaner I had it on all my desktops in AUS) . I know why Lazada do it, it's a marketing thing so they can target adds to what THEY think you MAY PURCHASE. Anyway Google Chrome is just as bad. I downloaded DUCK DUCK GO, as recommended from a LINc member some while ago. It works well,,, I assume as everything is in the background. The biggest problem is us humans are creatures of Habit and I always seen to drift back to Chrome unless I change my settings to "open with". Anyway any more and I'll be off topic ..

• Like 2
SkyMan

CCleaner: Is there a way to easily designate certain sites as ok?  I like cleaning cookies out but every time I do I am suddenly unknown to banks and other trusted sites and I have to go through the 2 step verification which is a PITA.

• Like 1
cookie47
CCleaner: Is there a way to easily designate certain sites as ok?  I like cleaning cookies out but every time I do I am suddenly unknown to banks and other trusted sites and I have to go through the 2 step verification which is a PITA.
Good point,? I used it probably well before Online banking and just to clean the crap out in the days when you would boil the kettle waiting for the computer to boot. Maybe there are settings that can do what you mention? Although,, now thinking about it.,,, I do have a built in "cleaner" for my Xiaomi phone (which I'm on now) that does clear cookies and Cache but does NOT interfere with my banking? Someone more cleverer than me out there will know.

Thalcoozyo
26 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Yep... go to options, then to cookies.  You can enter the *.site.com that you wish to retain when cleaning.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Hell, I would rather be targeted with ads of things I'm interested in, then just any old ads... :rolleyes:

Besides, I really don't care if they want to know where I've been on the net. My browsing history would put most to sleep... :lazy:

Soupeod
12 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Hell, I would rather be targeted with ads of things I'm interested in, then just any old ads... :rolleyes:

Besides, I really don't care if they want to know where I've been on the net. My browsing history would put most to sleep... :lazy:

So google will continue with the Pinoy male ads for the Dawg!:lol:

Edited by Soupeod
Grammer
  • Haha 1