SRRV Visa Application?

2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Thank you for your email. Regardless of position, as long as he/she serves in the military can be qualified under the SRRV Expanded Courtesy as long as currently receiving a lifetime monthly pension of at least US$1,000 and at least 50 years old. Thank you.

….

2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

They are asking for an annual renewal fee before your membership even starts??  I didn't have to pay it for a year

I thought annual renewal was 360p. 😅

Edited by Soupeod
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Soupeod

• Kreole

• Goetz1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked with them - was told any bank that can do an international wire transfer can do it ($15 Schwab). I went with the $60 background check due to downloadable file and certified hard copy. Wil

My christmas just came 1 hour ago when my agent told me that PRA agreed on my SRRV application. They will handle it and do the necessary extensions in Manila until the final approval from PRA.

For what it's worth.  I have received my criminal history background check on Thursday of last week.  I must have been a good boy as it was clean.  I go in for the mandatory physical on Wednesday.  Th

Posted Images

4 hours ago, lamoe said:

ANY MILITARY SERVICE qualifies official word? from the dept that starts the process - Philippine Retirement Authority - "trust but verify?":db: for $3,400 I'll risk it

image.png.c585020afd9d7d7dadbda9d654e9f128.png

"

EED_srrv application

7:11 AM (1 hour ago)

Thank you for your email. Regardless of position, as long as he/she serves in the military can be qualified under the SRRV Expanded Courtesy as long as currently receiving a lifetime monthly pension of at least US$1,000 and at least 50 years old. Thank you.

PRA EXEMPTIONS TEAM

Client Relations and Program Development Division

Marketing Department

Philippine Retirement Authority

29/F BDO Towers (formerly Citibank Tower), Paseo De Roxas, 

Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines

//nbs

( || +63-2-8848-1412 ext. 2014,  2025, 2026, and 2027

* ||  [email protected] / [email protected]

8 ||  www.pra.gov.ph

C  || facebook.com/PhilippineRetirementVisa

Nice.  This appears to mean that if you have a 1) have a DD214 for any length of service (such as a 4-year enlistment term), 2) are drawing a lifetime pension of $1,000 or more (such as social security) and 3) are over age 50, then you will qualify for the expanded courtesy SRRV with a deposit amount of $1,500 instead of $20k.

In looking ahead at my own options, I had not previously realized that this was a path for some people, but my own situation is different in that I have 20+ years with retired military ID and pension starting at age 60.   

I hope this works for you, and it sounds like it will!

• Like 1

Went to Office Depot - had all docs scanned into PDF files and DD-214 scanned / reduced to double credit card size, laminated, then folded in half.  Total $3.75?

Called Madison VA ROI (release of info dept) to get CD copy of chest X-ray - mailing out UPS maybe today. Problem is to find a freaking CD reader to copy PDF to same folder as other docs. Not sure if a DVD player can do it.

Called local PC repair shop I'd used before - "come on in, we'll copy it"

Edited by lamoe

Just received this from PRA:

Please be advised that all documents issued abroad must be apostilled/authenticated on the actual filing / submission of the SRRV application at the PRA Office. However, for purposes of securing an EED, documents for SRRV Application which have not been apostilled/authenticated may be accepted.  (My understanding is, you don't need to have your paperwork apostilled when applying for an EED, BUT you need to have it apostilled when actually handing it in to the PRA for authentication and processing)

Kindly see attached guidelines for more information.

Thank you.

Client Relations and Program Development Division

Marketing Department

Philippine Retirement Authority

29/F BDO Towers (formerly Citibank Tower), Paseo De Roxas, 

Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines

And here is the attachment:

Guidelines for SRRV Applicants outside of the Philippines.pdf

Edited by bounder

I be going to Chicago - $60 for buses + $20 for Apostilles - not too bad

https://www.ilsos.gov/departments/index/apostilles.html

Walk-In Service:
You may bring your application along with your documents to our offices in Springfield or Chicago between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. In most cases documents will be processed while you wait. All applications are taken on a first-come- first-served basis.

Chicago Office: Secretary of State Index Department 17 N. State Street, Ste. 1010
Chicago, IL 60602 312-814-8218

Note: The Chicago office only processes authentication of documents for foreign usage. All other Index Department services and records are available at the Springfield office.

Fees A $2 for each Apostille/Certificate is required. Each document requires its own separate Apostille/Certificate.

image.thumb.png.f4fdf3f434741a7acbb329d36ab3bd7e.png

image.thumb.png.c148169e138ec44bc778cf957ba86c08.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

I be going to Chicago - $60 for buses + $20 for Apostilles - not too bad

image.thumb.png.f4fdf3f434741a7acbb329d36ab3bd7e.png

image.thumb.png.c148169e138ec44bc778cf957ba86c08.png

Are you planning to apostille your original documents, such as the DD214, which means you intend to send that to them...or are you doing an apostilled true copy affidavit? Not sure about Illinois, but in NC, to get the true copy affidavit, you go to a notary, with the original, a copy, and the affidavit, and they notarize it. You then take it to get the apostille done at the Secretary of State. In other words, our secretary of state won't apostille copies that aren't true copies. They may or may not do it there for you, better to know before you get there.

13 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

Are you planning to apostille your original documents, such as the DD214, which means you intend to send that to them...or are you doing an apostilled true copy affidavit? Not sure about Illinois, but in NC, to get the true copy affidavit, you go to a notary, with the original, a copy, and the affidavit, and they notarize it. You then take it to get the apostille done at the Secretary of State. In other words, our secretary of state won't apostille copies that aren't true copies. They may or may not do it there for you, better to know before you get there.

My copy was generated by VA and dated stamped - don't have original

9 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

In the matter of an original DD214, I was told before I left the military to get it registered at the county recorder's office.  I did such and now when I need a copy, it is notarized by the county recorder from their official records.  I am just having an issue with proof of retirement pension.  Since my pension comes from the Federal Civil Service Retirement System.  I am debating whether or not I will have to go through the US State Department for the apostille certification.  Is there anyone within this forum who is a military veteran that had to apostille their retirement pay statement?  

• Administrator
Salty Dog
12 hours ago, bounder said:

In the matter of an original DD214, I was told before I left the military to get it registered at the county recorder's office.

I was told not to, at least in Florida, because they become public records available to anyone for the asking...

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I was told not to, at least in Florida, because they become public records available to anyone for the asking...

At least they ask for identification and purpose before giving me a copy.  

5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Unfortunately I found this out later, my SSAN is on the DD214.  I’m supposed to somehow withdraw the form and delete the  personal info.

18 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Yes, and in many counties they are searchable online (and downloadable), by anyone, for free and with no way to know who searched or downloaded.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:21 AM, bounder said:

In the matter of an original DD214, I was told before I left the military to get it registered at the county recorder's office.  I did such and now when I need a copy, it is notarized by the county recorder from their official records.  I am just having an issue with proof of retirement pension.  Since my pension comes from the Federal Civil Service Retirement System.  I am debating whether or not I will have to go through the US State Department for the apostille certification.  Is there anyone within this forum who is a military veteran that had to apostille their retirement pay statement?  

There is a Veteran expat on youtube who recently done a video on the process called "The Philippine Info Channel".