SRRV Visa Application?

Kreole

I read an advisory recently that clearly stated that SRRV visas are also not permitted to re-enter the country once they leave.  If I am VERY lucky, I will be able to secure the SRRV while I am here and therefore not be required to make a visa run in September.  I am just waiting for the ferry service from Siquijor to Cebu to resume.  The first order of business will be to go to the appropriate office and file my application.  Is there an online site where I can get the form and begin the process?  Thanks ahead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Soupeod

• Kreole

• Goetz1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked with them - was told any bank that can do an international wire transfer can do it ($15 Schwab). I went with the $60 background check due to downloadable file and certified hard copy. Wil

My christmas just came 1 hour ago when my agent told me that PRA agreed on my SRRV application. They will handle it and do the necessary extensions in Manila until the final approval from PRA.

For what it's worth.  I have received my criminal history background check on Thursday of last week.  I must have been a good boy as it was clean.  I go in for the mandatory physical on Wednesday.  Th

Posted Images

Goetz1965

Office is located in Tower 2 of Crown Regency Hotel Plaza, 2nd Floor there.
You dont really need to go there as all info is online too, and they are very helpfull by email - so use that service.

You need medical checkup und NBI clearance, and Police clearance in your home country, and that needs to be apostilled also. So that part will take longest. But as soon you started the process your regular tourist visa is no longer a real problem.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

Police clearance in your home country

I thought if you've been here a year or more you didn't need this?

Kreole
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Does anyone know if this is true?  Also, how long does it usually take to complete the process, especially if the police report from the home country is not required.  I have been living full time in the RP for 8 years, part time for 2 years = 10 years.  Not sure if that makes any difference.

Soupeod
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

That’s what I heard as well. Ask the Pra people.

39 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Does anyone know if this is true?  Also, how long does it usually take to complete the process, especially if the police report from the home country is not required.  I have been living full time in the RP for 8 years, part time for 2 years = 10 years.  Not sure if that makes any difference.

Ask  @Davaoenohe has one.

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 2
Goetz1965

Yes Police report from home country is required.
 All documents issued outside of the Philippines must be translated in English, if necessary, and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consular Office nearest the applicant’s residence

From PRA guidlines:

Note: If the Police Clearance is not available at the time of filing of SRRVisa application, a Notarized Sworn Affidavit of Undertaking by the applicant and NBI Clearance maybe accepted. However, the Police Certificate should be complied within the given period stated on the Undertaking to maintain the SRRVisa status.

PRA also told me that at the moment the whole process will take 45 days or longer, so better calculate for 2 month for processing. 

The PRA also sent me a very informative Infosheet that is attached

SRRVISA Program Inquiry-1.pdf

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any  British  LinC member that has successfully obtained an SRRVisa?

I am looking for some assistance/help with the requirements, in particular how I would obtain a Police Clearance as I am based here in the Phils and not the  UK.

Soupeod
17 minutes ago, Edd said:

I am looking for some assistance/help with the requirements, in particular how I would obtain a Police Clearance as I am based here in the Phils and not the  UK.

Im not British but have read many people talk about this over the years.  I believe if you have been here over a year, you just need the NBI clearance.  Some of those guidelines they give you are assuming you are in your home country and not here already.  Contact that Lady in Cebu that does the SRRV stuff, she would know.   Her contact info is here somewhere in this forum.  Search for SRRV. 

• Thanks 1
Soupeod
On 1/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, Barryrio said:

I obtained my SRRV from the PRA in 2009, having resided here since 2005. I did everything from Cebu itself. The only thing I had to send to England for was a police clearance certificate. I obtained that through a colleague back home and had it sent out. As stated above - Elma Corbeta in the PRA office at Crown Regency is a real diamond and very helpful!

27 minutes ago, Edd said:

• Thanks 1
Kreole
27 minutes ago, Edd said:

It probably does not matter your nationality as the rules should be applied to all foreigners seeking the SRRVisa.  I am an American and in a similar situation as the Brit since I have been full time in the RP going on 6 years and no longer maintain a residence in the US.  Prior to the 6 years full time, for the preceding 2 years I was in the RP 11 months each year before returning to the US.  All this is to say there will be no current record for a US Police Clearance.  Is there an email address to contact the PRA?

Kreole

What is the procedure to recoup the money in your "investment" bank account if you decide to deactivate your SRRV ?  I realize the expense of getting the SRRV  will not be refunded, so I am just curious about refunding the $20,000 being held in a bank account.  How long does it ordinarily take?

Edited by Kreole
Kreole

My understanding is that the RP has closed its borders to ALL foreigners irrespective of which country the foreigner comes.  This puts me in a particularly difficult position since I am based in the Philippines and have no residency elsewhere, even in my home country, the US.  I will be required to leave the RP in September and do not look forward to waiting out a return to the RP.  I will be seeking an SRRV as soon as I am able to travel to Cebu which has been put on hold indefinitely.  This makes it impossible for me to plan.  I am considering paying a local attorney who has the Power of Attorney to assist me.  I do not see any other option unless someone on this forum has other options for me to consider.  Thanks ahead.

A neighbour of mine here in Negros changed his immigration status recently and it took him 2 months for the money to be refunded.  Not too bad, i would have expected longer... if at all, lol.

• Like 1
Kreole
2 hours ago, Edd said:

A neighbour of mine here in Negros changed his immigration status recently and it took him 2 months for the money to be refunded.  Not too bad, i would have expected longer... if at all, lol.

Why would you have expected "if at all"?  That is a lot of money to have doubts about.