Jump to content

You Can Now Renew Your Driver's License or Register Your Car Online


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
Dafey
Quote

 

I thought about posting this in the joke section but, you never know!

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has opened an online portal to accommodate license renewals and car registrations to avoid direct contact and COVID-19 infections. 

On June 8, the LTO said motorists can go to the LTO website to access their records without having to go to an LTO branch. This move will make the process of car registration and license procedures faster and easier. Moreover, going online can prevent clients and staff from violating physical distancing guidelines.

According to the LTO, the online portal is accessible 24/7 and covers Metro Manila as well as areas of Laoag, Bayombong, Roxas, Tagbuiliran, Dumaguete, Ormoc, Butuan, Pagadian, Malaybalay, Lipa, Calapan, Naga, Tagum, Davao, General Santos, and Baguio.

"Today, applying for a driver’s license, registering a car or paying fees is now possible online after LTO launched its new website portal.lto.gov.ph … The portal provides fast and 24/7 access to the agency’s services via computer, tablet, or smartphone," LTO said in a statement.

"Especially in this time of COVID-19 and the resulting limitations on freedom of movement, the new system presents a significant benefit," they added.

The portal provides fast and 24/7 access to the agency’s services via computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Cashless payments for renewals, registrationsm, and fines are accepted, and the site will allow applicants to set an appointment before heading to an LTO branch if they need to.

According to the statement, "All citizens of the country need to do is to register as client in the public portal, create and appointment at their choice of LTO office, pay their fees online for their Driver’s License, car registration, motor vehicle inspection service, and even pay their fines."

Most transactions have gone online due to COVID-19, but security remains an issue. The LTO said that the new Land Transport Management System (LTMS) comes with measures to prevent fake identities. 

The LTMS has an Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) that scans clients’ faces and fingerprints to secure identity.

Going to an LTO branch to renew your license or register a car often means dedicating an entire day to just waiting in line. LTO said the data center in Manila can do over one million transactions daily, greatly reducing the time needed to get your errands done.

This will also lessen the stress of LTO employees who often had to go through piles of paperwork.

An online system has been long in the works at the LTO, but it is only now that the system was launched.

Prior to COVID-19, the agency was looking to the digital system in order to eliminate corruption or under-the-table transactions, lessen physical contact, and improve services.

"The new LTO portal is one of the key steps on our way to becoming a frontline government agency showcasing fast and efficient public service for a progressive land transport sector," LTO chief and Transportation Assistant Secretary Edgar Galvante said.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/autos/news/you-can-now-renew-your-driver-s-license-or-register-your-car-online/ar-BB15ghHm?ocid=msedgdhp

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010

One can only hope.

but that one phrase catches my eyes:  "all citizens of the country...". 

I'm not a citizen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
4 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

One can only hope.

but that one phrase catches my eyes:  "all citizens of the country...". 

I'm not a citizen. 

I am not a Philippines citizen but I most definitely am a citizen.

 

NOUN

1A legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

‘a British citizen’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.1An inhabitant of a particular town or city.

‘the good citizens of Edinburgh’

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

citizen

cit·i·zen | \ ˈsi-tə-zən  also -sən \

Definition of citizen

1: an inhabitant of a city or townespecially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman

2a: a member of a state

b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from itShe was an American citizen but lived most of her life abroad.

3: a civilian as distinguished from a specialized servant of the stateSoldiers were sent to protect the citizens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

What catches my eye is that Cebu isn't listed.  What about the smoke test?  Or urinalysis?   Pee on your laptop?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

Pee on your laptop?

Screw that.  We'll pee on YOURS.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007

On a serious note..  Last week I went to the local smoke test place..  to get the COMPLETE registration update done for my crosswind.  So they tested the smoke..  and they took etchings..  Didn't bother with safety check..  and they took my 4300 peso..  to get the complete registration update.  I'm checked yesterday..  Not done yet.. But looks like it should be back middle to end of next week.  Ok.. some backlog is understandable.

But what I'm thinking is that an ON-LINE system would be great for these local smoke test places..  as it would really turn then into kind of LTO agent shops for registration update, perhaps without the need to actually ship the paperwork off to the LTO office.

Likely just wishful thinking.. But did seem plausible.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
12 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I am not a Philippines citizen but I most definitely am a citizen.

 

NOUN

1A legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

‘a British citizen’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.1An inhabitant of a particular town or city.

‘the good citizens of Edinburgh’

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

citizen

cit·i·zen | \ ˈsi-tə-zən  also -sən \

Definition of citizen

1: an inhabitant of a city or townespecially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman

2a: a member of a state

b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from itShe was an American citizen but lived most of her life abroad.

3: a civilian as distinguished from a specialized servant of the stateSoldiers were sent to protect the citizens.

Well you got me there.   I appreciate the effort you put into pointing out the obvious.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

Well you got me there.   I appreciate the effort you put into pointing out the obvious.

 

Anything for you my friend !! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
10 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

But what I'm thinking is that an ON-LINE system would be great for these local smoke test places..  as it would really turn then into kind of LTO agent shops for registration update, perhaps without the need to actually ship the paperwork off to the LTO office.

Likely just wishful thinking.. But did seem plausible.  

Yeah, that's the way I've done it for years.  I think there's supposed to be some inspection done in Mandaue too.  I think that's one of the p50 charges on the list they give for a receipt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

I am not a Philippines citizen but I most definitely am a citizen.

Yes, but do you fit into this category of citizens?

2 hours ago, Dafey said:

All citizens of the country

It didn't just say "all citizens." It said "all citizens of the country" ...which is just another way of saying all Filipinos.

Edited by Headshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
On 6/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, SkyMan said:

Yeah, that's the way I've done it for years.  I think there's supposed to be some inspection done in Mandaue too.  I think that's one of the p50 charges on the list they give for a receipt.

Like the jeepney and taxi inspections

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..