cookie47

Is Every Creature in Australia About to Kill You

Headshot
6 hours ago, Captain Camiguin said:

Is tru yes ?

It must be true. Your friend wouldn't lie to you, would he? :rolleyes:

Captain Camiguin

Salamat dong, isa tru ok, mi Australia frund no talk me stury yes. Me ahappy now.

SkyMan
On 6/6/2020 at 5:49 PM, noddle said:

ohhhh, they forgot the cute little blue ring octopus...  so cute to play with.....

image.thumb.png.836d209eb83b4c8a7d5db013154ab90d.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

mikecon3

Happened this week, thought you guys would get a kick out of it. This one's a whopper! This guy was so worried about getting it on film he's lucky he didn't pass out and become lunch!

• Like 1

mikecon3

I can't imagine riding down the road and having a snake coiling around my leg! Sounds like he was trying to break the land speed record to get to the hospital, thought he was bit.

As with a lot of Fox News articles, the comments for this were hilarious.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/australia-man-venomous-snake-driving-highway-police

Australia man fends off venomous snake with knife, seatbelt while driving

An Australian man fought off one of the world’s deadliest snakes with only a knife and a seatbelt after the serpent coiled around his leg while driving on a highway, authorities said.

Queensland police pulled over the 27-year-old man speeding at 76 mph (123 km/h) on Dawson Highway around 5 p.m. local time on June 15, police said in a statement Tuesday.

The driver, identified only as “Jimmy,” claimed a brown snake had slithered its way through his truck’s gear shift and attacked him.

“I’m driving along at 100 km/h (62 mph), and I just started to brake,” Jimmy said. “And the more I moved my legs … it started to wrap around me. Its head just started striking at the (driver’s seat) chair, between my legs.”

Jimmy told police he used a knife and his seatbelt to kill the eastern brown snake, which is one of the world’s deadliest, before speeding to the nearest hospital. He appeared in a state of shock, telling the officer he feared for his life and wasn’t sure whether the snake bit him.

"I think it has bitten me, it was in the car with me,” he can be heard saying in police video released Tuesday. “You can feel my heart, mate.”

The officer found the dead snake in the back of Jimmy’s truck and called for help from his patrol car.

"Although the traffic officer had heard his fair share of excuses for speeding, he soon realized this was not just another colorful tale and promptly sought medical assistance," the police statement said.

Paramedics arrived and determined that while Jimmy had not been bitten, he was suffering from shock.

“It was pretty terrifying,” Jimmy said of the ordeal. “I’ve never been so happy to see red and blue lights.”

• Like 1

Ozepete
6 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

I can't imagine riding down the road and having a snake coiling around my leg! Sounds like he was trying to break the land speed record to get to the hospital, thought he was bit.

As with a lot of Fox News articles, the comments for this were hilarious.

Saw this here in Oz.... Jimmy should line up for an academy award!  :thumbsup: but he is probably too busy down the pub skitting about taking the piss out of those coppers.. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dafey

Samuel Jackson's next movie...Snakes on a truck

• Haha 1

softail

An Australian man fought off a deadly snake while driving on the highway.

Police in Queensland, Australia, said in a news release published Tuesday that a 27-year-old, identified only as "Jimmy," was driving down the highway at 100 kilometers (62 miles) per hour when he noticed the highly venomous eastern brown snake near his legs.

Jimmy said in the news release, which said the incident happened on June 15 near the town of Calliope, that he fought it off with his seatbelt and a knife.

A still image taken from a video shows an eastern brown snake after an encounter with a driver, who was trying to fight it off while coiling around his leg when police pulled him over in Calliope, Queensland, Australia June 15, 2020.JPG

"A brown snake or a tiger snake is in the back of the ute (truck), I think it has bitten me, it was in the car with me," Jimmy can be heard saying in video released by police. "You can feel my heart, mate."

Eastern brown snakes are considered one of Australia's most dangerous snakes, and the species is responsible for the most snakebite deaths in Australia.

"The more I moved my legs… it just started to wrap around me," he said. "Its head just started striking at the (driver's seat) chair, between my legs."

He was able to kill the snake and sped to the hospital to be evaluated for snake bites. When police saw him speeding down the road at 123 kilometers (76 miles) per hour, they pulled him over.

Police called paramedics to the scene, and they confirmed Jimmy was safe and hadn't been bitten.

It was pretty terrifying, I've never been so happy to see red and blue lights," Jimmy said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-man-fights-off-deadly-205744494.html

• Like 2

SkyMan

Was driving 55MPH down a country road lined with trees and bee hit my mirror and smacked me in the face hart and bounced into the leg of my shorts where I could feel it moving.  I thought I was going crash for sure but as I was slowing it hovered up and out the window.  More recently I had a similar experience with a centipede on my leg in Lapux2.  Sudden stop and out of the car, wife was freaking out.  I still can't imagine having to battle with a killer snake while driving.

• Like 3