SkyMan

Yesterday I showed at the usual smoke test place with my bike (expired last week, 05) at the my usual early time of about 830AM.  Lots of vehicles there so I expected to take my ORCR and tell me to come back after lunch.  He said they were full for the day and come back tomorrow.......at 4AM.  Really?  

So, I left the house at 4AM today in clear violation of curfew.  Only a few vehicles on the road but enough I didn't stand out too much.  Normally on a fairly open road like that it would be time to romp on it but again, I decided not to draw attention and kept it reasonable.  At the smoke tester at 412AM.  There were 6 ahead of me and one of the guys was taking OR/CRs to keep the order.  I should have gone home and went back to sleep.  Testing guys showed up a little before 7 to open up and start testing.  By 815 they were telling people to come back tomorrow.  They also turned away people with 6 and 7 plates that weren't expired yet.  Most of the plates I saw there were 5, some 4, and late 3s like 93, 03.  I'll take my 7 in when I go pick up this one I guess or if it looks like they're catching up.  A few "priorities" got in ahead of me which I figured so about 930 they were done with my test, picture, and stencil.  p300 for the test and I think the stencil is p50.  Charge for the full rego including insurance etc. was another p1650.  Now, normally the guy says come back next week to pick it up.  This time he says they're processing May plates the 22nd of June so come back 1st week of July.  Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
SkyMan

So after lasts month having to show at the smoke tester at 4AM in order to get my bike tested by a reasonable time, I was hoping things had improved at the smoke test place.  I went by and asked what time I needed to be there for my diesel Toyota LITE Ace.  The guy said diesel any time is ok.  So yesterday morning I got it down there about 9 and only had to wait for one van.  Those waiting for gas tests looked like they'd been there since about 4 though so that's still backed up.  I really don't know why they don't do some kind of appointment system though.  Just have a few standbys in case of no-shows.

Another advantage of diesel I guess.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I really don't know why they don't do some kind of appointment system

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought you were a long time resident here!

• Like 2
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought you were a long time resident here!

I know, yeah, under normal circumstances, yes, but I would think under pandemic there might be enough sense to come up with this rather than having a crowd stand around waiting for their smoke test.  

• Like 1