SkyMan

I've been trying to log in to change an allotment for about 2 weeks now.  Can't even get to the site.  Anyone else run into this or am I special?  Anyone read anything on this?  I did get paid so at least that part of the system is working.

Also, I've been trying to download a copy of my VA benefits letter.  I can log into VA.gov but when I try to to 'my letters' I just get the spinning wait thing.  This has been for over a week too.  I called and they will only send it snail mail so I had them send it to a friend so he can use modern technology to email it to me.  Sheesh.

Salty Dog

@SkyMan

I access most all of my military/government sites through dmdc.osd.mil which is working. They have a tab that access DFAS MyPay, but I couldn't tell you if it's working because I don't get paid by DFAS...

Capture.JPG

I tried dfas.mil and got their homepage. 

dfas.JPG

Soupeod

Dfas has been working for me.

As Salty stated I use that to log into Va areas which some stuff is at the old site and some are at the Va.gov site.

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Ok, so a few days before I started this thread I put dfas.mil into IsItDown.com which confirmed it was DOWN FOR EVERYONE and had been for over a week.  Today I still couldn't get to it but isitdown said it was up.  Hmmmmm. 

I had been playing a little with Windows network properties but didn't think I had done anything that would affect going to dfas.mil while about everything else seemed ok.  Also, I wasn't able to get there on my phone either and I hadn't messed with anything there.  Hmmmmmmm

The error page I got on Chrome on the laptop suggest running windows network trouble shooter which pretty much never finds anything but this time it said something about the DNS server so I switched from Automatic DNS to Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4) and boom, I get the new DFAS page Salty posted.  So I'm guessing when DFAS upgraded their site to the new look, they used a new IP which hasn't yet propagated to all the DNS servers yet?  I'm no network expert but that seems to be the likely answer.  I still can't get there on the phone but as long as I can on the laptop I'm good.  But maybe I'll change the DNS settings on the phone too because the one it is using has a problem.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the VA problem of not being able to get to the benefits letters.

Edited by SkyMan

Paddy

I can get to the site (and see the notice Salty posted). I can’t do much else because, well...I’m not American! I’m using my phone with Globe.

DNS is one of those things that is, in my opinion, handled in a loosey goosey manner here.