BossHog

Advisories from the Bureau of Immigration (BI)

BossHog

bi.jpg.7071dbe6f803ce2038e2b68947ed883d_1_OCR.jpg

Sorry if this information has already been posted here. First time I've seen it. Seems to be appointment only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Appointment only - here come the fixers

Trying to determine if they are referring to passports only or Visa extensions, so far no idea

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/

Edited by lamoe

BossHog
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines - the Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that it is launching an Monday (01 June) an online appointment system for clients at the main office in Intramuros, Manila following the government’s decision to place Metro Manila and other areas of the country under General Community Quarantine (GCQ).

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the BI decided to adapt the online appointment system as part of “New Normal” protocols designed to achieve social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“Henceforth, only clients with appointment code will be served during the specified date and time of their appointment,” Morente said. Also, clients will have to present government-issued or valid identification cards before they could enter the bureau’s premises.

“Nonetheless, clients may still avail of the services of BI-accredited travel agencies and law offices if they wish so that the latter may secure the online appointment and transact business on their behalf”, he explained.

The complete set of instructions and requirements needed for every BI transaction can be accessed thru the bureau’s website at www.immigration.gov. ph.

And to further facilitate physical distancing, Morente urged those who have inquiries or complaints to course their concerns through the BI’s online social media platforms and telephone hotlines. The details of which can also be found in the said website.

Meanwhile, BI OIC Spokesperson Melvin Mabulac clarified that the foreigners who are holders of Permanent Resident Visas are not allowed to enter the country under existing travel restrictions imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Infections Diseases (IATF).

He further stated that foreign crew members of airlines are allowed to enter the country aside from overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), foreign spouses and dependents of Filipino citizens, and foreign diplomats.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/?__xts__[0]=68.ARAgt28aY0IyAjbBW7W8-rv9NSEd9dp39YXBO-3PKAGpWzlgngESNrz6zLpk2sGP4W-L8WXw-dTNuHw5nUfgKOrpJSRB1nkHXAlV2vwNKpxrlwidzvYh2QCHPgFk6AfbvS6iwtnYt_bppzakcP5BJCia1gR8XwTIQifF8XYlXD9fj2P11Ku4IDv2Fz_cE-fslklm5ovAdjQS2E2Cm9gXfFF37PWNvX84AXgGkwiidcG9A8QX3-f0Nli3ESxcsnMV-VJMI8kbuY_WstttxEi1YGAWnev5arUEccAPENYPXRfxaW4ek-JDQCVMbgBU1AKQIOP-WMy3sS0Mh5Ui6BSiAur6TxClT-_9uwEt8rSxprm6LM2tYRj49Fw&_rdc=1&_rdr

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 2

BossHog
Posted (edited)

It's unclear to me what offices are involved here.  

Also, notice in the penultimate paragraph above that holders of Permanent Resident Visas are explicitly not being allowed to enter.

The final paragraph is grammatically confusing.

Edited by BossHog

Dafey

I guess it pays to be married after all!

• Like 2

BossHog
Posted (edited)

You know, I get what they're saying. The problem with the ambiguous language comes when you're checking in overseas for a flight to the PI. Not every ticketing agent in every country can parse Filipinoese.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2

Goetz1965

And as you all could have guessed, I just tried it and https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph isn't working ...

sLets ee what the PRA guy who emails me all the info is answering when I just emailed him to make me an appointment there....

to_dave007

I THINK that the on-line appointment system is ONLY for the Main BI office in Manila.

I was able  to make an account, and edit it to add some more details, and I was able to get to the main "make an appointment page"..  but it offered only one OFFICE LOCATION, that being for MAIN OFFICE. That actually fits with the announcement launching this online appointment system (see below).

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/06_Jun/2020Jun01_Press.pdf

If anyone goes in to JMALL BI office, please let us know what you find.

• Like 2

Goetz1965

I emailed them and got approved that its ONLY THEIR MAIN Office.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-01 um 3.59.59 PM.png

• Thanks 2

Headshot
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

I emailed them and got approved that its ONLY THEIR MAIN Office.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-01 um 3.59.59 PM.png

You do realize, don't you, that you apply for an SRRV (Classic or otherwise) through the PRA office and NOT the BI office, right? Immigration has nothing to do with the SRRV.

Now, if you need to go to BI to extend your visa, that's great, but they aren't going to help you with an SRRV.

Salty Dog

Seal with white background

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (June 3, 2020)

Event: 

Philippine Bureau of Immigration Update

Under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ), the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) publicly announced the following guidelines and measures aimed to achieve social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19:

1.       Online appointment system in place:

• Only clients with appointment codes will be served during the specified date and time of their appointments;
  • Clients will need to present government-issued or valid identification cards before they will be allowed to enter the bureau’s premises; and
  • Clients may still use the services of BI-accredited travel agencies and law offices on their behalf.

2.       Clients can review a complete set of instructions and requirements needed for every BI transaction at the bureau’s website.

3.       Clients can address their inquiries and concerns through BI’s online social media platforms and telephone hotlines found on their website. 

4.       International travel restrictions remain under GCQ: 

• Operations:  Most international flights remain suspended as a result of the travel restrictions, thus operations at NAIA are still downscaled and personnel there are still on skeletal and rotational deployment;
  • Arrival:  Only Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs); Filipino citizens and their spouses and dependents; foreign diplomats; and foreign crew members of airlines are allowed to enter the country; and
  • Departure:  All foreigners can leave anytime, but Filipinos are not allowed to leave unless they are OFWs, permanent residents, or holders of student visas in their countries of destination.

Actions to Take:

• Contact the airlines directly for reservations and updated information.
  • Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
  • Monitor local news for updates.
  • Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
  • For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
  • Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
  • Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
  • Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
  • Consult resources below as necessary:

·                    Philippine Department of Health (DOH)

·                    Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)

·                    Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)

·                    Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)

·                    Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)

·                    Philippine Maritime Industry Authority

·                    Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs

·                    Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government

·                    Philippine Department of Tourism 

·                    COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov

·                    CDC page on COVID-19

·                    Philippines Travel Advisory

·                    Philippines Country Information Page

Assistance:

U.S. Embassy in the Philippines

1201 Roxas Boulevard

+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000. 

Goetz1965

Was at BI Mandaue today (from Lahug).
When driving thru the checkpoint going to Mandaue I showed my Green Pass and the guy told me not to show that as its not valid (lol). I told him I have to go to immigration so he thought about a second and then waived me thru.
Guess Mandaue is still a different planet (lol)

Parking Garage at J Center Mall is closed so you park outside, seems its quite possible to find a space.

BI is open but only accessible from outside via the elevator. Elevators down to the mall is blocked, so the Mall isn't really open yet.
Only 10 people allowed inside tells the sign but who cares...
But, even there's now maybe just half the people than before the apocalypse they only give 1 month renewal, I wasn't in the mood to ask where they found that regulation....
And of cousrse waiting time is longer than before and they still have no visa stickers...

As only the 7Eleven is open and can serve some food you should think about bringing own food and then eat outside on the terasse (no one says anything, the BI guys have their lunchtime there too).

After that I drove to the Philippine Retirement Agency (PRA) to apply for the SRRV Resident Visa.
PRA is NOT with the BI so they are located in Crown Regency Tower 2 at Fuente Osmena as I now know.
Parking is possible in the Basement (30php for 3 hours).

But PRA is not opened yet, they are just proparing the office.
PRA will be open to public starting again Monday June 8 - 9am till 3pm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dafey
58 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

before the apocalypse

:ROFLMAO:

58 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

PRA will be open to public starting again Monday June 8 - 9am till 3pm.

Keep us posted...interested on how the SRRV works out.

• Like 2

Irenicus
On 6/1/2020 at 12:40 PM, to_dave007 said:

I THINK that the on-line appointment system is ONLY for the Main BI office in Manila.

It is different in Dumaguete.  In order to keep everyone safe via distancing, they are only giving out 30 visa renewals a day.  You have to get there early (6 AM) and wait in line/mob for them to open at 8 AM.  It's a goat salad and you are screwed if you are number 31.  No exceptions. 

Oh, and since they didn't keep the borders sealed Dumaguete when from 0 to 18 COVID cases in the last week (a huge fishing boat from Palawan docked here and a bunch of OFWs came down from Manila).

Negros Oriental was safe for almost two months (zero cases) but now it looks like they have lost containment.

• Sad 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

It is different in Dumaguete.  In order to keep everyone safe via distancing, they are only giving out 30 visa renewals a day.  You have to get there early (6 AM) and wait in line/mob for them to open at 8 AM.  It's a goat salad and you are screwed if you are number 31.  No exceptions. 

I'd be a bit pissed at that if I drove down from San Carlos for the visa ext and missed the cut off. I assume it's a temporary situation.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1