Philippine Court Convicts American of Online Child Abuse

Kreole

Here is an article I just read, but have not heard anything about in the Philippine press.  One of the problems with these f*ckers is that they have probably stashed away a lot of money to pay for special privileges in the Philippine prison system and thus will not suffer their just deserts as other foreign criminals who do not have financial wealth.  Peter Scully comes to mind. Why he has not been tortured and murdered by now boggles my mind.

https://ph.yahoo.com/news/philippine-court-convicts-american-online-134118910.html

Philippine court convicts American of online child abuse

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A Philippine court has sentenced an American to life in prison on charges of sexually exploiting Filipino children using webcams to sell videos, photos and livestreams to buyers abroad, an official said Wednesday.

The conviction of David Timothy Deakin is a strong warning to offenders that “they could not hide even if they commit sexual exploitation crimes in cyberspace because law enforcers are collaborating worldwide to catch them," National Bureau of Investigation official Janet Francisco said.

Judge Irineo Pangilinan Jr. of the regional trial court in northern Pampanga province declared Deakin guilty of qualified human trafficking and sentenced him to life imprisonment and ordered him to pay a fine and indemnify his victims. The ruling was handed down online Tuesday because of coronavirus quarantine restrictions.

The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation provided the information that led to Deakin’s arrest in April 2017 in Pampanga’s Mabalacat city, Francisco said. Associated Press journalists were allowed to witness the raid on Deakin’s apartment near a red-light district and his arrest.

Francisco, who heads an anti-human trafficking force, said the raid led to the seizure of the largest amount of digital evidence related to online sexual exploitation of children in the country so far. Her agents also found children’s underwear, toddler shoes, cameras, bondage cuffs, fetish ropes, meth pipes and stacks of hard drives and photo albums in Deakin’s two-bedroom apartment.

Deakin was originally from Peoria, Illinois, and has been in the Philippines since 2000. He told the AP in an interview shortly after his arrest that he didn’t make videos of children.

The Washington, D.C.-based private group International Justice Mission said its social workers have helped bring eight of Deakin’s victims to recovery and cited one as welcoming his conviction “because he won’t be able to victimize anyone anymore.”

Samson Inocencio Jr., who heads the IJM in the Philippines, said the justice system should continue protecting vulnerable children who are unsafe during the coronavirus lockdown.

A study released by the group last week said the Philippines has emerged as a global hot spot for online child sexual exploitation, with cases increasing sharply in recent years. Parents have agreed to have their own children victimized for the money.

The webcam scheme involves pedophiles in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia who pay facilitators to sexually abuse children, even babies, in the privacy of Philippine homes. They watch and help direct the abuses through online livestreaming services.

The wide use of English, availability of internet connections and international cash transfer systems have combined with long-entrenched poverty and wide access to vulnerable children to allow many abuses to happen in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BossHog
3 hours ago, Kreole said:

one of the problems with these f*ckers is that they have probably stashed away a lot of money to pay for special privileges in the Philippine prison system

Everyone deserves their day in court. That being said this, from the article  is rough indeed...

"agents also found children’s underwear, toddler shoes, cameras, bondage cuffs, fetish ropes, meth pipes and stacks of hard drives and photo albums in Deakin’s two-bedroom apartment."

One hopes justice will be served in whatever form appropriate.

• Like 1
Ozepete

The other thing about this type of scum is the image that all of us expats wear because of them. You can feel the suspicion / hatred of some locals, and quite frankly I don't blame them, cos there are so many expat creeps that haunt the Phils and exploit the local kids assisted by their poverty.

I have never dobbed anyone in for anything in my life, and have mixed with some dodgy bastards, but if I had proof of the vile practice of one of these creeps I wouldn't hesitate for one second in seeing them bought down. :killself:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
BossHog
1 minute ago, Ozepete said:

the image that all of us expats wear because of them. You can feel the suspicion / hatred of some locals, and quite frankly I don't blame them,

So true Pete. There are two things going on there. The locals feel a need to be protective and that's a good thing. It also means that some of us regular foreign family guys miss out on important moments in our children's upbringing because of the 'creepy' foreign element.

But back on topic, why the concerned parties and authorities work so slowly to stop predators I'll never understand. Especially when they've been on the radar for literally years.

• Like 2
Davaoeno
3 hours ago, Kreole said:

Here is an article I just read, but have not heard anything about in the Philippine press.  One of the problems with these f*ckers is that they have probably stashed away a lot of money to pay for special privileges in the Philippine prison system and thus will not suffer their just deserts as other foreign criminals who do not have financial wealth.  Peter Scully comes to mind. Why he has not been tortured and murdered by now boggles my mind.

I always amazed at people wanting to see others tortured. I think it is one of the vilest most inhuman propositions that humans can have. 

3 hours ago, BossHog said:

Exactly!! 

• Thanks 1
Edwin
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

I always amazed at people  wanting  to see others tortured.  I think it is one of the vilest  most inhuman propositions that humans  can have. 

You'd make a lousy CIA agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Davaoeno
49 minutes ago, BossHog said:

So true Pete. There are two things going on there. The locals feel a need to be protective and that's a good thing. It also means that some of us regular foreign family guys miss out on important moments in our children's upbringing because of the 'creepy' foreign element.

But back on topic, why the concerned parties and authorities work so slowly to stop predators I'll never understand. Especially when they've been on the radar for literally years.

Our very own Skywalker being a prime example of that!   There was considerable evidence of his guilt- most of it supplied by Linc members- yet he was allowed to carry on with his perversions for years

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

You'd make a lousy CIA agent.

I will admit that  I have on occasion wished I could waterboard the occasional member here ! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
yingy52
3 hours ago, BossHog said:

If guilty, I hope he serves his time in a Philippine prison. :thumbs_up:

BossHog
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

There was considerable evidence of his guilt- most of it supplied by Linc members- yet he was allowed to carry on with his perversions for years

Yar.  A reasonable person would take it that time was of the essence is these cases. But the folks who contributed to getting the job eventually done should be rightfully proud of their efforts in that unseemly case.

• Like 2
Kreole

I am not aware of the Skywalker case or any involving a member of Linc.  I did a search for Peter Scully but there is nothing after his guilty verdict in 2017.  Also, I have seen no information about his accomplices (except for his gf) who were arrested at the same time.  I am curious how these types fare in a Filipino prison? 

When it come to child exploitation, torture or murder, I am a believer in the scripture, "an eye for an eye.....".  In cases like this I am a proponent for the death penalty.  Short of that, then a 4' x 4' concrete cell with a hole in the floor and no running water with a daily ration of garbage and sewer water.  Leave the f*cker to rot there for the rest of his miserable life.  These kind of cases bring out the worst in me.

jtmwatchbiz
1 minute ago, Kreole said:

I am curious how these types fare in a Filipino prison? 

dave deakin actually served over 1 1/2 years in immigration jail around 8 years ago.  Got out and remained in Angeles.  A few of us knew him back when he lived in Cebu city.  Was always hanging out in Fuente. He moved up to Angeles around 10 years ago.   

HTM
1 minute ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

dave deakin actually served over 1 1/2 years in immigration jail around 8 years ago.  Got out and remained in Angeles.  A few of us knew him back when he lived in Cebu city.  Was always hanging out in Fuente. He moved up to Angeles around 10 years ago.   

You c, as I say its hard work but in the end they go down.  It may take some years.  You going to c the rest of the ones we bn "hunting" going the same way. It may take 1 year or 10, but in the end they going down.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz
23 minutes ago, Kreole said:

I am not aware of the Skywalker case or any involving a member of Linc. 

skywalker-william becket was long banned from this forum way before he got arrested.  Staff was alerted to his behavior and took appropriate action.  Water under the bridge.

• Thanks 2
HTM

Mr  Deakin bn lucky not arrest the time he was here in Cebu, he was already crazy and active that time. The problem was to get all evidence even we know what he doing.