Headlight lens restoration

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Place near me charges P5,000 - will pick up the Sylvania  - Lazada shows they have it  - Amazon P1,000

SYLVANIA - Headlight Restoration Kit - 3 Easy Steps to Restore Sun Damaged Headlights With Exclusive UV Block Clear Coat, Light Output and Beam Pattern Restored, Long Lasting Protection

No Ratings

Brand: OEM United StatesMore Automotive from OEM United StatesFree Shipping

₱3,079.00

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
Edwin
Posted (edited)

Headlight restoration kit: 

1. Insect repellent with DEET

2. Rag

Instructions: Spray on, wipe off, drink beer.

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Mcguire's makes a really good do it yourself product that will give you 3-4 restorations for 2000-3000. you can pick it up in the car shops in the malls, when they let you back in.

There is a Mcguire's shop on the north side of Sergio Osmena just before you get to the Robinson's Galleria. I've never been in there but they may sell the product. Then again they may just be for service.

• Thanks 1
lamoe

Have seen the Mcguire's in Ayala very bottom - tried finding 3000 grit wet / dry paper one time  - hard to even find 1000

• Administrator
Dafey

Lazada has McGuire's for 2800 plus shipping. They also have Turtle wax headlight restorer which I have used with good results for less than 1000

They also have a wide selection of sand paper

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/9-pcs-3000-5000-7000-high-grit-wet-and-dry-sandpaper-assortment-drywall-sanding-paper-9-x-36-inch-for-car-paint-auto-body-automotive-polishing-i378374337-s860626723.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.3.4abd5922VHDr1O&search=1

• Thanks 1
throttleplate

here in the usa i just did my headlites 30 days ago using a 3m kit for $11.00 at wallmart. Included was the drill disk to attach the 2 different grits of sandpaper included along with the rubbing compound and polishing disk for final finish.

Deet, toothpaste, the cheap wipes..... wont do the job. Get a drill, buy a legitamit kit and go for it. It took me 45 minutes per headlite on a 2004 honda civic.

Lenses look brand new and as smooth as a new lens. The key is the first step of sanding to grind off all the old clearcoat from the factory which is what is yellowing. If you dont grind enough then you will have to redo step one because after the last step if your lens is clear but cloudy you need to go back to step 1.

Watch youtube videos on how its done, 3 m google it and they have a great short video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Most kits also come with a final step that puts a protective coat on the lens. Don't skip this step or you'll be doing the process all over again soon.

• Like 1
Daddle
1 hour ago, throttleplate said:

here in the usa i just did my headlites 30 days ago using a 3m kit for $11.00 at wallmart. Included was the drill disk to attach the 2 different grits of sandpaper included along with the rubbing compound and polishing disk for final finish.

That is the kit I used on my 30 year old Ford truck. The drill powered pads are vital. By hand would be torture and give poor results. Worked unexpectedly great. Like magic actually. Gotta follow instructions exactly.