IS PAL the most mismanaged airline?

liquido
3 hours ago, yingy52 said:

I took the 16 hour flight once from LA. to Manila in a middle seat.

If it would have been me im sure the person sitting in the aisle next to me would have given me there seat because of all the times getting up to pee...haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeyMike

• nothingbutquestions

• yingy52

• liquido

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until things settle down I would not be attempting to fly anywhere. Only a true emergency would get me in a airplane at this time. There's a pandemic going on. I'm over 65 and have health issues.

I am currently stranded in Seattle USA. Was supposed to return to the Philippines on 5/1. Am currently on our 3rd flight change with Asiana airlines. Are now scheduled to return on 10/1. Not a happy c

Here is a story that pretty much says it all for what I would expect in May and June. Airline resumes flights to Italy (but turns around when airport's shut) (CNN) — We're all pretty excited

davehud

Until things settle down I would not be attempting to fly anywhere. Only a true emergency would get me in a airplane at this time. There's a pandemic going on. I'm over 65 and have health issues.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
to_dave007

Here is a story that pretty much says it all for what I would expect in May and June.

Airline resumes flights to Italy (but turns around when airport's shut)

(CNN) — We're all pretty excited about being able to travel again -- but German airline Eurowings might be more eager than most.

The low-cost carrier resumed services from Düsseldorf to Sardinia, Italy, on Saturday -- but was forced to turn around at its destination because Olbia Airport is still closed.

Flight EW9844 set off on the 730-mile (1,170km) flight to Sardinia's Olbia Airport on the morning of May 23, but was in Sardinian airspace before being informed by air traffic control that it wasn't open to commercial traffic.

The Airbus A320 hung around in a holding pattern hoping for permission to land, but no dice.

A diversion was proposed to Cagliari, some 120 miles away, reports Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera, but the flight crew opted to cut its losses and head back to Düsseldorf.

This little sightseeing tour of western Europe, for the benefit of the A320's load of two Sardinian passengers, took a total of four hours and ten minutes.

The full story is here..  https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/eurowings-dusseldorf-olbia/index.html

• Haha 4
yingy52

I flew from Manila to Cebu once. Damn my arms were tired.

Davaoeno
4 hours ago, yingy52 said:

I flew from Manila to Cebu once. Damn my arms were tired.

Haha   that's pretty funny!  You should consider becoming a comedian !! 

• Haha 2
HeyMike
On 5/26/2020 at 1:56 AM, softail said:

I am currently stranded in Seattle USA. Was supposed to return to the Philippines on 5/1. Am currently on our 3rd flight change with Asiana airlines. Are now scheduled to return on 10/1. Not a happy customer.

A similar situation for me. I was suppose to depart JFK going to Cebu on March 25 flying Asiana, but flight cancelled 4 days before departure. If I had booked my flight to Cebu leaving JFK just 2 days earlier (March 23), I would be enjoying the lockdown in Cebu now. Missed it by that much I----I (to quote Maxwell Smart).

I finally got my refund from Asiana last week.

• Sad 1
nothingbutquestions

They have done it again.

After rebooking my 5th flight for june 7th and my connecting flight dpl-mnl and my lax hotel room and my flight home to colorado and feeling like finally i am good to go, pal just cancelled my flight. That's june 2 cancelled, june 3 canceled, june 5 canceled,  june 11 changed, and now june 7 canceled.

Back to square one.

Soupeod
49 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

They have done it again.

After rebooking my 5th flight for june 7th and my connecting flight dpl-mnl and my lax hotel room and my flight home to colorado and feeling like finally i am good to go, pal just cancelled my flight. That's june 2 cancelled, june 3 canceled, june 5 canceled,  june 11 changed, and now june 7 canceled.

Back to square one.

Hmmm that means..... try later, much later.

• Thanks 1
HeyMike

I just made reservations for my flight from JFK to Cebu flying Asiana Air on August 19. I hope this is enough time so the flight will not be cancelled.

• Like 1
liquido
13 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

I just made reservations for my flight from JFK to Cebu flying Asiana Air on August 19. I hope this is enough time so the flight will not be cancelled.

Did Asiana advise you about quarantine after arriving? Im just curious ?

HeyMike
49 minutes ago, liquido said:

Did Asiana advise you about quarantine after arriving? Im just curious ?

I reserved the flight from the Asiana website. I do not remember seeing anything about quarantining during the reservation process.

• Administrator
Dafey
14 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I just made reservations for my flight from JFK to Cebu flying Asiana Air on August 19

@HeyMike, can you give us an idea of what the fare was?

HeyMike
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

@HeyMike, can you give us an idea of what the fare was?

I sure can... I actually got a cheaper fare this time then my cancelled ticket.

Round trip JFK to Cebu (Asiana Air)... 4 hour layover Inchon. $575.21 (US). August till May. I think that may be the lowest fare I ever paid, but not sure.

• Like 1
BossHog
36 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Round trip JFK to Cebu (Asiana Air)... 4 hour layover Inchon. $575.21 (US)

Wow. That is cheap. Costs more to fly one-way MNL-IAO on a holiday weekend.  On a domestic flight.

Hope you get sorted eventually Mike!

HeyMike
3 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Wow. That is cheap. Costs more to fly one-way MNL-IAO on a holiday weekend.  On a domestic flight.

Hope you get sorted eventually Mike!

Thanks BossHog. I know the price is really killer. Last month I was checking the 3 airlines that I usually use... Asiana, EVA, and Cathay Pacific. When I was able to get prices, they were like $1200 and up round trip.

This time I really wanted to get home as fast as I could. So I was looking at the end of June into July, but the prices were too much for me. My wife said to get tickets for August. I was a little upset about that, but when I saw the prices, I said August is it. Things should be better in Cebu by that time, also. Cebu or Bust!