IS PAL the most mismanaged airline?

nothingbutquestions

On May 8,2020 I purchased a one way ticket CEBU to LAX non-stop for June 2 and PAL sent my confirmation. PAL subsequently changed my flight to June 3 AND changed my departure city to MANILA !!! Days later they again changed my date, this time to June 7. I contacted PAL because that would not work for me on the US side. We settled on June 5 after 2 hours on the phone (61 minutes on hold). I then once again I changed all my continuing flights and accommodations in the US. Now, only hours later, they have changed it again moving my flight to June 11th !!!! Will this chaos ever stop? 

I have an email for PAL, but nowhere to send it. Does anyone have an email address for PAL which might elicit a response?

WHY ARE YOU TORMENTING ME? JUNE 2 to JUNE 3 to JUNE 5 TO JUNE 11 and YOU changed my departure city !!!!! I am a human being with a life and family and you keep messing with us. WHY? There are hotels and connecting flights that must be changed every time you screw with my ticket. I continue to incur added costs with each change you arbitrarily make with your cavalier attitude without a thought to the pain and suffering you are inflicting. You are operating in bad faith! We had a valid contract with an offer and acceptance. and payment. You are not an honorable. honest company. You stole my June 3rd seat and gave it to someone else. Then you stole my June 5th seat and gave that to someone else. Shame on you!
I made my original booking on May 8 and I want you to give me back my seat on the June 2 MNL to LAX flight. Bump someone else who booked after me and make this right. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeyMike

• liquido

• nothingbutquestions

• yingy52

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until things settle down I would not be attempting to fly anywhere. Only a true emergency would get me in a airplane at this time. There's a pandemic going on. I'm over 65 and have health issues.

I am currently stranded in Seattle USA. Was supposed to return to the Philippines on 5/1. Am currently on our 3rd flight change with Asiana airlines. Are now scheduled to return on 10/1. Not a happy c

Here is a story that pretty much says it all for what I would expect in May and June. Airline resumes flights to Italy (but turns around when airport's shut) (CNN) — We're all pretty excited

to_dave007

This is exactly what I would expect for travel in June 2020.  You use the word chaos, which seems about right.  But IMHO much of the chaos is outside PAL control.. Also, as they try to get back to the new normal.. whatever that is.. I don't think we should hold the airlines feet to the fire too much if it means they must fly  without at least a breakeven passenger load. They aren't running a charity, so if they need to combine flights to make money at it... I say let them. 

I should think that anyone trying to fly in June 2020 would understand that the business rules from "before covid" don't apply now, and have some extra patience.  Be happy that PAL is still in businesses at all and that they are trying to get back to normal in June 2020. Without their efforts.. and those of other airlines.. it's a LONG swim to LAX.

I know it's a royal pain in the ass...  and I'm sorry it has to be this way..  but honestly I think this is about what you should expect in June.

I DO appreciate hearing the story though, because many of us need to hear these adventure stories, whether good or bad, in the next couple months to give us confidence to get back up there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
nothingbutquestions

It is not a question of not hitting the breakeven point as all these flights are listed as "SOLD OUT"

• Like 1
SkyMan

I was able to communicate with PAL via their fb page.  You might try to message them that way.

Davaoeno

You want us to compare PAL's management to other airlines. Which other airlines do you want us to compare and how do YOU think they are being managed during the pandemic in comparison?

• Like 2
yingy52
5 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

"SOLD OUT"

Not the usual "OUT OF STOCK" ? Nice improvement.:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
davehud

There's a worldwide pandemic going on. Everything is messed up now including commercial airline travel. Be patient. This will pass.

• Like 3
newtocebu

I understand your frustrations and wanting to vent mate

I am still dealing with a couple of different airlines trying to get refunds on flights that they cancelled, which resulted in us being left stranded in Thailand

Keep your chin up, dont let it get you down

• Like 2
liquido
46 minutes ago, newtocebu said:

I am still dealing with a couple of different airlines trying to get refunds on flights that they cancelled, which resulted in us being left stranded in Thailand

Not to bad of a place to be stranded...

• Like 1
newtocebu
6 hours ago, liquido said:

Not to bad of a place to be stranded...

Under normal circumstances, yes!

I will post up a trip report at some stage that explains the whole sequence of events

yingy52
8 hours ago, newtocebu said:

We paid for a ticket from Butuan to Manila for my step daughter. Then the virus. PAL. No refund..only a credit for a future flight. At least they didn't steal the money. :angry2:

• Like 1
Paddy
3 hours ago, yingy52 said:

At least they didn't steal the money. :angry2:

Yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
nothingbutquestions

UPDATE:

SENT MY PREVIOUSLY POSTED LETTER TO CONTACTS/COMMENTS ON THE PAL WEBSITE AND RECEIVED THIS VERY FORMA F-U REPLY:

Dear Mr. Moore,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for contacting us. I am Joey Vergara, Customer Experience Officer from Philippine Airlines.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the changes in your schedule. 

As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we shall continue to provide further flight updates and advisories on our official Website and Facebook page:

i AM NOW UP TOO MY 5TH FLIGHT CHANGE ! 

• Haha 1
softail
9 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

AM NOW UP TOO MY 5TH FLIGHT CHANGE ! 

I am currently stranded in Seattle USA. Was supposed to return to the Philippines on 5/1. Am currently on our 3rd flight change with Asiana airlines. Are now scheduled to return on 10/1. Not a happy customer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
yingy52
2 hours ago, softail said:

I am currently stranded in Seattle USA. Was supposed to return to the Philippines on 5/1. Am currently on our 3rd flight change with Asiana airlines. Are now scheduled to return on 10/1. Not a happy customer.

When you make it..I hope you don't get stuck with a middle seat. I took the 16 hour flight once from LA. to Manila in a middle seat. Had to pretend I was sleeping most of the time cuz I hate conversations with people I don't know.:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1