SkyMan

Visa overstay fines still waived under GCQ

Paddy

Looks like they haven’t been feeding the staff...

FBF3BBB1-130D-4AB6-819F-650963AFA992.thumb.png.49403b68991bf4b1d534cac7d28899e2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cgu

I wonder if they will disregard overstaying if you violate any other law - of course I do not know if this guy overstayed even before quarantine rules :

Apart from undesirability, Parra likewise faces deportation for overstaying.

Morente said that, “upon investigation by our intelligence division, it was confirmed that he has failed to extend and has already overstayed his visa.”

https://www.rappler.com/nation/261706-philippine-government-moves-deport-javier-parra

Sibonga Simon
10 hours ago, Cgu said:

I wonder if they will disregard overstaying if you violate any other law - of course I do not know if this guy overstayed even before quarantine rules :

Apart from undesirability, Parra likewise faces deportation for overstaying.

Morente said that, “upon investigation by our intelligence division, it was confirmed that he has failed to extend and has already overstayed his visa.”

https://www.rappler.com/nation/261706-philippine-government-moves-deport-javier-parra

i suspect that he already took his leave once he got the deportation papers.  He didn't lodge an appeal, which would have been denied of course.  I do feel sorry for his employees, and even his partner, not so much for him personally.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

How much are the "Overstay Fees"...