Shipping Inverter from USA to Bohol

JoeLansing

JoeLansing

Hello,and thanks for any advice!

My wife wants to buy a craptastic China 10K watt inverter for $300 or so here in USA for the house she is building in Bohol.  Probably on Ebay.  She wants to send it in one of her boxes to Bohol.  I told her to send $$$ and have them buy a good one down there, where they actually might have good ones, and know about them.  Buy it here, pay $90 to send it to where it has no warranty doesn't make sense to me.  I don't have a problem with paying good money for a good inverter, but her plan is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Can you give me any recommendations?

Thank you for any insight.  - Joe

• Administrator
Salty Dog
19 minutes ago, JoeLansing said:

Hello,and thanks for any advice!

My wife wants to buy a craptastic China 10K watt inverter for $300 or so here in USA for the house she is building in Bohol.  Probably on Ebay.  She wants to send it in one of her boxes to Bohol.  I told her to send $$$ and have them buy a good one down there, where they actually might have good ones, and know about them.  Buy it here, pay $90 to send it to where it has no warranty doesn't make sense to me.  I don't have a problem with paying good money for a good inverter, but her plan is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Can you give me any recommendations?

Thank you for any insight.  - Joe

Regardless of the right way. Do you feel you can convince your wife if she has her mind set...:)

If she is looking to buy a cheap Chinese inverter. She can certainly find one in the Philippines.

Side note; if the house is a new construction, why not just put in dual voltage (120 & 230). Many of the expats who build homes in the Philippines have done this.

JoeLansing
Posted (edited)

Oh, dual voltage sounds good!   I'll ask her about that now.......     She said there is a limit, and they won't let her do it.  And it's all wired and tiled and stuff already anyways.  It's on the north side of Sagbayan, just inside Inabanga, and it's totally nowhere.  No markets nearby, nothing nearby.  Nice 3 bedroom house.  I haven't seen it, but it's planned to be my retirement home.  :) 

- JoeLansing

Edited by JoeLansing
I'm lame
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Think about what you plan to have here that'll be 110V. Is it worth it to do all that for a few things you can buy here?  Since you can't do dual voltage, you'll have a converter box somewhere and wires running all over to your 110v stuff. Then someone will plug your 110 stuff into the 220 and fry it. Well, that'll be one less thing to worry about being 110. And you could get a better quality converter in the US. We have the cheap China carp here.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3