Flying During COVID Pandemic

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Why would they need more than 3.4 oz in carry on.

That's enough to last several days, even if using it a dozen times a day...

How long does one of those small 3 oz bottle usually last you?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• Salty Dog

• SkyMan

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can pump air in from outside or recycle the air. Pilot's choice. My guess is that it takes more energy to heat the outside air as it is 50 below zero F at altitude so to save energy recycling wou

I would expect seat prices to go up to pay for the lower availability of seats and the inevitable rise in fuel prices when people start traveling again.

Posted Images

SkyMan

Prices comparable with buying 3 seats I imagine.  Can do that now if you want.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
45 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Regular seats (a.k.a. non-"distancing seats"), however, are still available for some rows in the Economy cabin class.

17 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Prices comparable with buying 3 seats I imagine.  Can do that now if you want.

I doubt that's what they are doing. 

I assume they still offer seats together for couples, families, or friends who don't mind sitting together.

• Like 1
cookie47

Qantas Domestic is not insisting on social distancing. 

They claim in a A320 you would only have seats for 22 passengers if it was compulsory. Which would make it not economical to fly. And for sure some are not happy, but just think of the cost of the ticket with only 22 passengers.

And from another report not expected to fly internationally for 12 months. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-qantas/australias-qantas-set-to-ramp-up-domestic-flights-without-social-distancing-idUSKBN22V00R

Australia's Qantas set to ramp up domestic flights without social distancing

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Qantas Airways Ltd could restart 40-50% of its domestic capacity in July if states relax border controls, and expects to offer low and flexible fares without social distancing measures to stimulate travel demand, its chief executive said on Tuesday.

The airline will introduce measures on board from June 12 such as providing masks and cleaning wipes to ensure safe travel and give passengers peace of mind during the pandemic, but will not leave middle seats empty.

“Social distancing on an aircraft is impractical,” Qantas Chief Executive Alan Joyce told media. “It only gives you 60 centimetres (23.6 inches) between passengers.”

He said to meet Australia’s standard for social distancing of 1.5 metres on the ground, an Airbus SE A320 operated by low-cost arm Jetstar could fill just 22 seats, rather than the normal 180.

“That means airfares are going to be eight to nine times more than they are today,” he said. “It economically will not be justified.”

Instead, Qantas will simplify catering, step up aircraft cleaning and ask passengers to limit movement around the cabin once seated.

Masks will not be mandatory but Qantas will recommend passengers wear them in the interest of everyone’s peace of mind, in a measure that is unlikely to be needed over the longer term, Qantas Group Medical Director Ian Hosegood said.

He said data showed the risk of catching coronavirus on a plane is extremely low and there are no documented cases of transmission, including on recent lengthy Qantas repatriation flights from London and Los Angeles that lacked social distancing.

Hosegood’s comments come as jet manufacturers and airlines launch an urgent initiative to convince nervous travellers that the air they breathe on planes is safe, believing this is critical to rebuilding the travel industry.

Qantas said 98% of its frequent flyers are planning trips for when restrictions are lifted and Joyce said domestic capacity would be ramped up accordingly from the current 5% of normal.

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

I assume they still offer seats together for couples, families, or friends who don't mind sitting together.

The seat maps show some 4 seat rows with the 2 middle seats available which I would assume to be for couples.   The problem with dropping off the window and aisle seats is that you're still within 2 feet of the mouth in front and behind you.

• Like 1
cookie47

Maybe they'll make HUSBAND and WIFE "T" shirts

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Confused 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

What if I wanna sit next to somebody else's wife?

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
jaybee747

We survived the doctors/nurses dances so I guess it is about time to start the pilots/flight attendants dances...

Edited by jaybee747
  • Like 1