Sign in to follow this  
mikecon3

The Blacklist Season Finale

mikecon3

Just watched the most bizarre episode of "The Blacklist". The show started off as normal, then switched to an interview...evidently, they were not able to finish filming, but wanted to complete the episode and season. So parts that weren't all ready filmed were animated, with the show jumping back from live to animation. I will have to give them an "A" for effort and ingenuity!

• Like 3

SkyMan

It was certainly odd but I was impressed.  Much better I think than just not continuing until, whenever.  I wouldn't be surprised if that episode wins some special awards.  I do think there were supposed to be 2-3 more episodes this season but they did a good job working it into a real season finale rather than just doing the episode as planned and taking a break.  I hope the skipped episodes get worked in next season.   

• Like 2

liquido

I like the show alot also..Thought I would checkout there website and found this...

In March 2019, NBC renewed the series for a seventh season, with the original cast set to reprise their roles. On March 14, 2020, Sony Pictures Television suspended production on the series following the COVID-19 pandemic The final episode utilizes animation to complete the episode, as it had been in the middle of filming when production was suspended. The actors were able to record dialogue for the animation from their homes The producers considered having the cast "read their lines while an old fashioned radio appeared on the TV screen, or just putting voiceover to still comic book frames" before settling on fully animated sequences. Thought bubbles and text boxes were also added "to help bridge the gap" between the animated sequences and the live action footage. The animation was created by previsualization studio Proof, Inc in London and Atlanta, and was made to look like the style of The Blacklist comics and old Batman comics. 35 artists worked to created approximately 20 minutes of footage for the episode. Additionally, the plots from the three unproduced episodes are being considered for season eight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blacklist_(season_7)

• Thanks 1

mikecon3

I liked the In Memoriam at the end for Brian Dennehy, I guess they're going to have to write that in next season as well.

SkyMan

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  RIP Brian.

Salty Dog

I have 150 episodes of the Blacklist, yet I haven't watched a single episode yet...

SkyMan
On 5/18/2020 at 5:05 PM, Salty Dog said:

I have 150 episodes of the Blacklist, yet I haven't watched a single episode yet...

You have some time now I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog
28 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

You have some time now I think.

Yea, but I have 3,908 TV episodes and 469 movies to watch...:P

• Like 2