Salty Dog

Contacting LinC of a Member's Death

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, HTM said:

Woolf had inform her "wife" here that if something happen to him or she had problem she need to call me. So she contact me, I try to help... 

I've often wondered if the worse has happened when an active member suddenly stops posting.

How would we find out?

In my case, my wife would probably contact the owner of the forum. Before that, she would have contacted Lee, who has since passed. 

While many members could care less about the forum after you've died, those who would like to let us know should have something arranged so a member or staff will be contacted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

lamoe

Gave daughter login / password to main E-mail address - asked her to monitor it after I die for a few months to see if anyone she didn't contact tries to contact me.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Gave daughter login / password to main E-mail address - asked her to monitor it after I die for a few months to see if anyone she didn't contact tries to contact me.

What does your daughter checking your emails after you've died, have to do with contacting LinC of your death...:unknw:

• Haha 1

yingy52
10 hours ago, lamoe said:

If your dead already..why would you care?

• Thanks 1

lamoe
8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

What does your daughter checking your emails after you've died, have to do with contacting LinC of your death...:unknw:

Have had some e-mails with LINC members via my primary address.

7 minutes ago, yingy52 said:

If your dead already..why would you care?

It's just being considerate - so they don't think I was was ignoring them                  on purpose.

• Like 1

yingy52
23 hours ago, lamoe said:

Have had some e-mails with LINC members via my primary address.

It's just being considerate - so they don't think I was was ignoring them                  on purpose.

Very considerate.<_<

• Thanks 1

Irenicus
On 5/14/2020 at 10:28 PM, Salty Dog said:

I've often wondered if the worse has happened when an active member suddenly stops posting.

How would we find out?

We will notify you right after we call the embassy.  

I was chatting with a forum member the other day.  Someone from the forum actually went to his house years back after he hadn't posted for a few months to "make sure he was OK."

He still thinks we're all asshats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

enoonmai
2 hours ago, Irenicus said:

I was chatting with a forum member the other day.  Someone from the forum actually went to his house years back after he hadn't posted for a few months to "make sure he was OK."

That’s the other side of it. Knew a guy like that on another forum; moved out of the phils and made clear he was no longer interested but one of the admins kept calling “just to make sure he was ok”. Finally he had someone tell the guy he had died. That took care of it.

• Haha 4

Dafey
10 hours ago, enoonmai said:

one of the admins kept calling

Yeah...we'll do anything for a donation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

contraman

Just a Heads Up.

I am not dead, 

I only smell that way sometimes :db:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Davaoeno

I have it on good authority that you are dead and pretending to be alive is not funny !! 

• Haha 3

yingy52
9 hours ago, Dafey said:

Yeah...we'll do anything for a donation!

Don't have PayPal. How about Gcash?

SkyMan

Been lurking a while and if you aren't a member and logged in there doesn't appear to be a way to contact anyone on staff.  Or maybe I'm just not seeing it.  I suppose if there were an email under a 'contact us' link, it would get spammed but that might be a way for notifications if the family member didn't know the member's password.

• Like 2

bounder

Prior to this pandemic, I am pretty sure many of us thought we would be around for a long time, but I guess this situation has changed all the dynamics.  I would like to think that those few in the forum I have had contact with would notify the powers to be of my unexpected demise...good or bad, you never know the impact you have on others until you are suddenly and permanently gone.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I suppose if there were an email under a 'contact us' link, it would get spammed

That's what happened. I will turn it back on and see how it goes.

• Like 1