T.S.

Jim Sibbick has Passed Away

tim

Found a old picture of Jim from a pool party in 2013    RIPimage.thumb.png.7c9ab0a00db995b8a30eb79746128f1e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

bmoore

RIP. Very sad to hear. Jim was very helpful.

• Like 1

Chris24

RIP Jim and condolences to his family.  You were one of the early great pioneers willing to share your experiences and I wish we had had an opportunity to meet.   You enriched my life nonetheless and your passing is a loss to many. 

• Like 4

kaloy

RIP

CardiacKid

RIP. Jim's videos gave me a real heads up before I moved to Cebu. I met him twice in person and was impressed by his knowledge of the Visayas. 

• Like 5

samatm

Seems Everytime I peek in on linC forums I'm shocked and saddened by the  passing of key contributors of the forum.   sad to hear of Big Jim's passing.   He shared a wealth of info. We both held an interest in WW2 historical sites and chatted occasionally about trekking through some of Leyte's battlefields .   Shame we never did.   

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

We sparkle and then burnout, he was one that sparkled brighter than most...

• Like 4

fred42

I remember reading his many comments on Yahoo Groups and the pictures he published on his website and here on this forum.
RIP Jim.. Good ole boy I reckon.

TheDuke
Posted (edited)

Very sorry to hear of his passing.  He was one of the first guys I met when I first traveled to Cebu City in 1989 or 1990.  Back then it was very rare to see any white foreigners in Cebu City so we were both quite the attraction for all the filipinas.... and loved it.   I think we first met at Eddy's Log Cabin restaurant neat Magellan's Cross since he liked to stay at a hotel on Colon Street. It was an old hole in the wall restaurant ran by a guy from Texas.  Not to many places for foreigners to meet and eat at the time so we hung out and he showed me around.  I was about 25 years old and had the time of my life with him. We traveled all over Cebu and Mindanao together including Cayagan de Oro, Camiguin Island, Davao City and Dipolog City.  He was truly a great guy who really enjoyed life. 

bike.jpg

Edited by TheDuke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3